The Office of Mideast Governor TJ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:50:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Mideast Governor TJ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Office of Mideast Governor TJ  (Read 10229 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2014, 03:59:17 AM »

Thanks, Mr. Governor.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2014, 04:20:55 AM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 07:15:19 AM »

Good evening friends.

As almost all of you are aware, I have been remained publically silent about the Mideast Promotion of Marriage in Education Act recently passed by the Assembly. That silence will end tonight. I have been following closely to the words of all those who have contacted me in an effort to persuade me to veto this bill, both respectfully and otherwise. What I have to say will, I’m sure please almost no one, but I cannot continue to cower behind procedure.

To be frank, I do not believe in gay marriage. That much has been common knowledge for some time and my view has not changed.

However, that does not necessarily mean I must support every bill consistent with that opinion regardless of its feasibility or effects. If enacted, this bill would legally require teachers to enunciate an opinion on a moral issue that many of them do not themselves hold. It sets the precedent of establishing the school system as a primary instructor of morality. Done without the proper moral fabric that cannot legally be taught in our schools, it would likely be seen as an aggressive imposition on the students themselves and convince no one. As many folks have suggested in their correspondence with me, it would likely lead to an increase in bullying and stimulate the effective witch hunt of those students thought to be gay by their peers. Furthermore, even if I signed the bill it would almost certainly never take effect. It would give the federal government leverage to dictate its own version of morality in the classroom. It has become quite clear that enacting this bill would not reshape our culture for the better.

Occasionally in the course of our decision making process, we run across a situation where we must decide between a symbolic stand and prudence. Sometimes a desperate stand must be taken if not doing so would require a man to commit an act of intrinsic evil before God who sees all. But when neither option would be an intrinsic evil, such as in this case, prudence must be used to determine the appropriate course of action.

Therefore, I am vetoing the Promotion of Marriage in Education Act.

For better or for worse, the future of morality in this world lies not in the government but in the choices that each and every one of you make in the course of your daily lives and in your relationships. That is not to deny the government a role whatsoever in morality. Nearly every law we pass has some elements of morality in it and always will. There are tasks the government is suited to doing effectively, such as defending human life from conception until natural death. But there are limits to what the government is capable of doing. If you want to change the world the first person you have to change is yourself. For some of us that alone will take a lifetime.

Good night and God Bless. And although they undoubtedly teach you not to say this in politician school, may God have mercy on us. All of us; myself most certainly included.

Well, there goes my future At-Large Senate run Tongue

Thanks man.  This was a good thing.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 12:07:02 PM »

I am glad about your decision. Thank you Governor.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2014, 10:16:16 AM »

I'm disappointed I won't get to hear the lawsuit that surely would've followed a signature. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2014, 04:54:06 PM »

I'm disappointed I won't get to hear the lawsuit that surely would've followed a signature. Wink

Good policy = bad for the game.

Sad but true. We get the good policy that is needed in real life, yet real life gets the circus that would make this place more entertaining without the consequences of such being real.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »

Governor, the following bills have passed in the Assembly and are awaiting your decision:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »

I am vetoing the Mideast Police Canine Reform Act because I believe it would hurt our ability to police drug offenses:

I will also have to veto the Return to Normalcy Act because I will not put my name on a bill repealing seat belt laws:

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »

I am vetoing the Mideast Police Canine Reform Act because I believe it would hurt our ability to police drug offenses:

I will also have to veto the Return to Normalcy Act because I will not put my name on a bill repealing seat belt laws:

Governor,

YOU WILL FAIL.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 02:59:59 PM »

Perhaps I will fail. But even if I do, I will go down fighting.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »

Governor, the following bills have passed in the Assembly and are awaiting your decision:

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »

I am vetoing both pieces of legislation.

In my view the torso nudity laws should be left to local jurisdictions to decide what is permissible in their communities.

I do not support eliminating vice taxes as the government has a compelling interest in leveraging against actions it believes cause risk for society as a whole and more specifically the government by way of healthcare and law enforcement costs. Furthermore, the bill as it stands would create a large deficit with no attempt at balance.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2014, 02:20:00 AM »

Governor, the following bill has passed in the Assembly and is awaiting your decision:

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »

Governor, the following bill has passed in the Assembly and is awaiting your decision:

x TJ in Wisco
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2014, 09:21:59 PM »

The Supreme Court has reached its verdict in the trial of Assemblyman Hifly and banned him from holding office. I do not believe Hifly's impersonation of RR1997 was malicious and think the sentence is harsher than justice would dictate. Furthermore I fail to see how such a practical joke could indefinitely go unnoticed unless every member of the region were inactive and think the alleged dire consequences are over-wrought. However, that is the Court's discretion not mine.

This means we again have a vacant seat in the Assembly. I encourage all Mideast residents who would like to be considered for the seat to apply to me via PM.

I would like to thank Assemblyman Hifly for his service to the region and for the activity he contributed to the Mideast at one of its weakest moments. You are more than welcome back when your sentence has been served.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2014, 04:37:31 AM »

The Supreme Court has reached its verdict in the trial of Assemblyman Hifly and banned him from holding office. I do not believe Hifly's impersonation of RR1997 was malicious and think the sentence is harsher than justice would dictate. Furthermore I fail to see how such a practical joke could indefinitely go unnoticed unless every member of the region were inactive and think the alleged dire consequences are over-wrought. However, that is the Court's discretion not mine.

This means we again have a vacant seat in the Assembly. I encourage all Mideast residents who would like to be considered for the seat to apply to me via PM.

I would like to thank Assemblyman Hifly for his service to the region and for the activity he contributed to the Mideast at one of its weakest moments. You are more than welcome back when your sentence has been served.

I am appealing the sentence so don't do this yet.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »

x TJ in Wisco
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2014, 08:35:54 PM »

While Hifly has made clear his intent to appeal the Court's orders, the Court has not taken any action and the decision of the Supreme Court must always be assumed final unless otherwise noted. Thus the Governor needs to appoint a replacement for Assemblyman Hifly.

I have decided to appoint Bmotley to the vacant assembly seat. Congratulations to our new legislator and thank you to all those who applied.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »

With the departure of Mechaman, we now have yet another vacancy in the Assembly to fill.

Again, I encourage all Mideast residents who would like to be considered for the seat to apply to me via PM.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2014, 10:38:55 PM »

A reminder to all citizens of the Mideast Region: The regional assembly elections begin this Thursday.

If you are considering running, please declare in the Candidacy Declaration Thread by Tuesday to have your name on the ballot.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »

Mideast Elections November 2014 Assembly Results

1st Count: 13 Valid Votes, Quota = 3
Shua (5 votes): Tmthforu94, Wulfric, Shua, DC al Fine, TJ
Spiral (3 votes): Spiral, Ben, JCL
New Canadaland (2 votes): Malaspinas Gold, EarlAW
TDAS04 (1 votes): TDAS04
Bmotley (1 votes): Bmotley

Exhausted (1 vote): Franzl

Shua is elected with a surplus
Spiral is elected with quota
New Canadaland, TDAS04, and Bmotley are  elected without quota

Shua, Spiral, New Canadaland, TDAS04 and Bmotley are elected to the Mideast Assembly

Congratulations to the new Assemblymen! With the Assembly finally at full capacity I hope we are able to see a new wave of activity and constructive debate about the future of the Mideast Region.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »

Governor, this has passed the Assembly:

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2014, 11:16:31 PM »

x TJ in Wisco
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2014, 11:41:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies