The Office of Mideast Governor TJ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:27:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Mideast Governor TJ (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Office of Mideast Governor TJ  (Read 10354 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: July 22, 2014, 08:08:54 PM »

Mideast Elections July 2014 Assembly Results

1st Count: 21 Valid Votes, Quota = 6
Spiral (8 votes): Spiral, Mechaman, AntonKreitzer, CelticEmpire, Bmotley, Vosem, JCL, ZuWo
Cassius (5 votes): Cassius, Cathcon, Hifly, DC al Fine, TJ
Franzl (4 votes): Franzl, Earl, Ben, Malaspinas
Inks (3 votes): Inks, Tmthforu, Oldiesfreak
Jack Enderman (1 vote): Jack Enderman
Invalid (1 vote): Elections Guy (too late)

Spiral is elected with a surplus of 2 votes

Transfer of Spiral’s surplus:
Jack Enderman (0.75 votes): Spiral, Bmotley, Vosem
Cassius (0.75 votes): Anton K., JCL, ZuWo
Exhausted (0.5 votes): Mechman, CelticEmpire

2nd Count: 21 Valid Votes, Quota = 6
Spiral (6 votes): Spiral, Mechaman, AntonKreitzer, CelticEmpire, Bmotley, Vosem, JCL, ZuWo
Cassius (5.75 votes): Cassius, Cathcon, Hifly, DC al Fine, TJ, .25 Anton K., .25 JCL, .25 ZuWo
Inks (3 votes): Inks, Tmthforu, Oldiesfreak
Jack Enderman (1.75 votes): Jack Enderman, .25 Spiral,.25  Bmotley, .25 Vosem
Exhausted (0.5 votes): 0.25 Mechaman, 0.25 CelticEmpire

Jack Enderman is eliminated

Transfer of Jack Enderman’s vote:
Cassius (1.5 votes): Jack Enderman, .25 Spiral, .25 Bmotley
Inks (0.25 vote): .25 Vosem

3rd Count: 21 Valid Votes, Quota = 6
Spiral (6 votes): Spiral, Mechaman, AntonKreitzer, CelticEmpire, Bmotley, Vosem, JCL, ZuWo
Cassius (7.25 votes): Cassius, Cathcon, Hifly, DC al Fine, TJ, .25 Anton K., .25 JCL, .25 ZuWo, Jack Enderman, .25 Spiral, .25 Bmotley

Inks (3.25 votes): Inks, Tmthforu, Oldiesfreak, .25 Vosem
Exhausted (0.5 votes): 0.25 Mechaman, 0.25 CelticEmpire

Cassius is elected with a surplus of 1.25 votes

Transfer of Spiral’s surplus:
Franzl (0.17 votes): .17 Cassius
Inks (0.91 votes): .17 Cathcon, .17 TJ, .17 DC al Fine, .17 Jack Enderman, .04 Anton K., .04 JCL, .04 Bmotley, .04 Spiral
Exhausted (0.17 votes): .17 Hifly

4th Count: 21 Valid Votes, Quota = 6
Cassius (6 votes): Cassius, Cathcon, Hifly, DC al Fine, TJ, .25 Anton K., .25 JCL, .25 ZuWo, Jack Enderman, .25 Spiral, .25 Bmotley

Franzl (4.17 votes): Franzl, Earl, Ben, Malaspinas, .17 Cassius
Inks (4.15 votes): Inks, Tmthforu, Oldiesfreak, .25 Vosem, .17 Cathcon, .17 TJ, .17 DC al Fine, .17 Jack Enderman, .04 Anton K., .04 JCL, .04 Bmotley, .04 Spiral
Exhausted (0.67 votes): 0.25 Mechaman, 0.25 CelticEmpire, 0.17 Hifly

Franzl is elected without quota

Spiral, Cassius and Franzl are elected to the Mideast Assembly
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:36:57 PM »

I will be challenging the ballot certifications on the grounds that votes for Al should have been counted, pursuant to the holding in Badger et al v. Inks.LWC.

What is Badger et al v. Inks.LWC? I can't find a case with that name on the Wiki.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »

Outrageous. I will be supporting the effort to prevent Inks from stealing an Assembly seat in any way I can. I owe it those good people of the Mideast that voted for change this weekend.

If the Governor pleases, I would be happy to argue the case in court on the region's behalf.

On behalf of the administration, Franzl may argue the case for the government.

Inks, I still don't want understand why you believe Al's votes should be counted as we've never counted write-ins without a declaration or writing one's self in before. While I am not the judge, the official who conducted the election it would be good to know what you are arguing was done inappropriately.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:00:19 PM »

Citizens of the Mideast Region, I am addressing you tonight on behalf of the Keaton/TJ administration in regard to the tragedy and ongoing unrest unfolding before us in Ferguson, Missouri between police and residents after death of Michael Brown in an altercation with police. At this time, From the facts reported, many people have attributed his death to excessive force on the part of the officer. While we cannot rush to rash judgment, particularly in emotional cases such as this, the shooting of a suspect who did not pose an imminent thread cannot be tolerated. Therefore, a full investigation will be launched by the Mideast Attorney General's office into the police conduct surrounding this incident, and if wrongdoing is found, it will be prosecuted. Police have a difficult job protecting our citizenry against threats of violence on a day to day basis, often placing themselves in direct risk. But there can be no place for violence against persons who do not pose a physical threat.

On behalf of the governor and myself, we are declaring a state of emergency and deploying the Mideast National Guard to Ferguson to keep the peace. They are not there to take sides in war or to silence the peaceful demonstration of speech, but to prevent further violence. If you do not live in Ferguson, please avoid the area if possible. This declaration will be lifted when the situation has stabilized.

There is no greater freedom and no more foundational right than the Right to Life as without it no other rights may ever be enjoyed. Please keep the deceased, his family, the police, and the greater community of Ferguson in your prayers.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:14:01 PM »

Probably in bed, which is where I should be. Should I go wake him up for an Atlas Forum emergency? Tongue
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:17:17 AM »

I would like to thank Riley for the time he spent here and the ideas he has proposed, even if none have had a chance to be implemented. The Mideast is going through a rough period at the moment, but Riley did leave a legacy of big ideas and for that he deserves some thanks.

In a related note, if any Mideasterner is interested in being a member of the Assembly or a Lt. Governor, those offices are currently vacant and need to be filled. Tongue

Unfortunately, this has all happened in the midst of a weekend when the new Governor is traveling and will be of limited availability until Monday. A comprehensive vision will be coming forth from office in a few days, but for now I would just like to encourage any interested Mideast residents to contact me if they are interested in Assembly positions. It is of paramount interest to the region to get that body moving again.

Thank you all and good night,
-TJ
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 08:24:46 AM »

I am appointing Hifly and DC al Fine to fill the vacancies left by Spiral and Cassius to the Mideast Assembly. Thank you for all those who applied; it was a tough decision.

The Lt. Governor appointment will be announced later, most likely this evening.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »

I am appointing Tmthforu94 to fill the vacancy of Lieutenant Governor. Again, thank you to all those who applied.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I come to you this afternoon at the beautiful Wisconsin Club in Milwaukee with an important announcement regarding my future. I have decided to seek a full term as Mideast Governor.

When I took the reins of the Governorship several weeks ago, the Region was in dire straights. Three of the five elected offices were vacant. The Assembly was without a Speaker. We hadn't passed legislation in months. In short, the Region had fallen into inactivity to the point at which it could not function.

In my brief time as Governor, I have moved to fill vacancies as quickly as possible because without office holders, offices cannot do anything at all. I've worked to improve the budget so that charitable tax deductions are certain to remain in place and working families can get a break on sales tax. I believe that at a time such as this, ideology must take a back seat to restoring an active region and have done my best to light a fire under the smoldering pile of fuel that is the Mideast Region.

However, my work is not complete. While I am hopeful we will be able to pass a budget in the remainder of this term, our work does not end there. I believe we must expand the number of Assembly seats back to 5 permanently to help maintain activity levels into the future. While there is no shortage of innovative ideas in the Mideast, there has been a shortage of execution on them. I have extensive experience in Atlasian politics and believe myself capable of running this region the right way.

Thank you for listening. I wish you all a good afternoon and may God continue to bless Atlasia and the Mideast Region.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 04:38:02 PM »

x TJ in Wisco

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 11:48:47 PM »

Mideast Elections September 2014 Gubernatorial Results
TJ/Tmthforu (11 votes):  (Tmth, Anton, Hifly, Cassius, Oldiesfreak, Enderman, Inks, Ben, JCL, Badger, TJ)
Bmotley/Shua (5 votes): Spiral, Mechaman, Shua, ElectionsGuy, Bmotley

TJ and Tmthforu are elected as Mideast Governor and Lt. Governor

Mideast Elections September 2014 Assembly Results

1st Count: 18 Valid Votes, Quota = 5
Spiral (6 votes): Spiral, Anton, Elections Guy, Bmotley, Inks, JCL
Hifly (6 votes): Tmth, Cassius, Hifly, Oldiesfreak, DC al Fine, TJ
Mechaman (4 votes): Mechaman, Shua, Ben, Badger

Enderman (1 vote): Enderman
Exhausted (1 vote): Franzl

Spiral and Hifly are elected with a surplus
Mechaman is  elected without quota

Spiral, Hifly and Mechaman are elected to the Mideast Assembly

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »

I have determined that we're within the bounds of the Federal Constitution in regards to immigration enforcement in so much as Mideast officials may not enforce deport individuals in violation of this act. However, the Federal government operating within the Mideast may still enforce immigration law as it sees fit in accordance with the Federal constitution and statutes.

Thus I have decided to sign the Mideast Right to Life Act.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x TJ in Wisco
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 11:13:35 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
[/quote]

x TJ in Wisco
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »

Good evening friends.

As almost all of you are aware, I have been remained publically silent about the Mideast Promotion of Marriage in Education Act recently passed by the Assembly. That silence will end tonight. I have been following closely to the words of all those who have contacted me in an effort to persuade me to veto this bill, both respectfully and otherwise. What I have to say will, I’m sure please almost no one, but I cannot continue to cower behind procedure.

To be frank, I do not believe in gay marriage. That much has been common knowledge for some time and my view has not changed.

However, that does not necessarily mean I must support every bill consistent with that opinion regardless of its feasibility or effects. If enacted, this bill would legally require teachers to enunciate an opinion on a moral issue that many of them do not themselves hold. It sets the precedent of establishing the school system as a primary instructor of morality. Done without the proper moral fabric that cannot legally be taught in our schools, it would likely be seen as an aggressive imposition on the students themselves and convince no one. As many folks have suggested in their correspondence with me, it would likely lead to an increase in bullying and stimulate the effective witch hunt of those students thought to be gay by their peers. Furthermore, even if I signed the bill it would almost certainly never take effect. It would give the federal government leverage to dictate its own version of morality in the classroom. It has become quite clear that enacting this bill would not reshape our culture for the better.

Occasionally in the course of our decision making process, we run across a situation where we must decide between a symbolic stand and prudence. Sometimes a desperate stand must be taken if not doing so would require a man to commit an act of intrinsic evil before God who sees all. But when neither option would be an intrinsic evil, such as in this case, prudence must be used to determine the appropriate course of action.

Therefore, I am vetoing the Promotion of Marriage in Education Act.

For better or for worse, the future of morality in this world lies not in the government but in the choices that each and every one of you make in the course of your daily lives and in your relationships. That is not to deny the government a role whatsoever in morality. Nearly every law we pass has some elements of morality in it and always will. There are tasks the government is suited to doing effectively, such as defending human life from conception until natural death. But there are limits to what the government is capable of doing. If you want to change the world the first person you have to change is yourself. For some of us that alone will take a lifetime.

Good night and God Bless. And although they undoubtedly teach you not to say this in politician school, may God have mercy on us. All of us; myself most certainly included.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »

I am vetoing the Mideast Police Canine Reform Act because I believe it would hurt our ability to police drug offenses:

I will also have to veto the Return to Normalcy Act because I will not put my name on a bill repealing seat belt laws:

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 02:59:59 PM »

Perhaps I will fail. But even if I do, I will go down fighting.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »

Governor, the following bills have passed in the Assembly and are awaiting your decision:

I am vetoing both pieces of legislation.

In my view the torso nudity laws should be left to local jurisdictions to decide what is permissible in their communities.

I do not support eliminating vice taxes as the government has a compelling interest in leveraging against actions it believes cause risk for society as a whole and more specifically the government by way of healthcare and law enforcement costs. Furthermore, the bill as it stands would create a large deficit with no attempt at balance.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »

Governor, the following bill has passed in the Assembly and is awaiting your decision:

x TJ in Wisco
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 09:21:59 PM »

The Supreme Court has reached its verdict in the trial of Assemblyman Hifly and banned him from holding office. I do not believe Hifly's impersonation of RR1997 was malicious and think the sentence is harsher than justice would dictate. Furthermore I fail to see how such a practical joke could indefinitely go unnoticed unless every member of the region were inactive and think the alleged dire consequences are over-wrought. However, that is the Court's discretion not mine.

This means we again have a vacant seat in the Assembly. I encourage all Mideast residents who would like to be considered for the seat to apply to me via PM.

I would like to thank Assemblyman Hifly for his service to the region and for the activity he contributed to the Mideast at one of its weakest moments. You are more than welcome back when your sentence has been served.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »

Governor, the following bill has passed in the Assembly and is awaiting your decision:

x TJ in Wisco
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 08:35:54 PM »

While Hifly has made clear his intent to appeal the Court's orders, the Court has not taken any action and the decision of the Supreme Court must always be assumed final unless otherwise noted. Thus the Governor needs to appoint a replacement for Assemblyman Hifly.

I have decided to appoint Bmotley to the vacant assembly seat. Congratulations to our new legislator and thank you to all those who applied.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »

With the departure of Mechaman, we now have yet another vacancy in the Assembly to fill.

Again, I encourage all Mideast residents who would like to be considered for the seat to apply to me via PM.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 10:38:55 PM »

A reminder to all citizens of the Mideast Region: The regional assembly elections begin this Thursday.

If you are considering running, please declare in the Candidacy Declaration Thread by Tuesday to have your name on the ballot.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »

Mideast Elections November 2014 Assembly Results

1st Count: 13 Valid Votes, Quota = 3
Shua (5 votes): Tmthforu94, Wulfric, Shua, DC al Fine, TJ
Spiral (3 votes): Spiral, Ben, JCL
New Canadaland (2 votes): Malaspinas Gold, EarlAW
TDAS04 (1 votes): TDAS04
Bmotley (1 votes): Bmotley

Exhausted (1 vote): Franzl

Shua is elected with a surplus
Spiral is elected with quota
New Canadaland, TDAS04, and Bmotley are  elected without quota

Shua, Spiral, New Canadaland, TDAS04 and Bmotley are elected to the Mideast Assembly

Congratulations to the new Assemblymen! With the Assembly finally at full capacity I hope we are able to see a new wave of activity and constructive debate about the future of the Mideast Region.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 11:16:31 PM »

Governor, this has passed the Assembly:

x TJ in Wisco
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies