Mideast initiative!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:21:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast initiative!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast initiative!!!  (Read 1165 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2005, 11:53:50 PM »

Concealed Carry Initiative

Section 1

Any citizen of the Mideastern region who has completed a safety course on gun use may apply for a license to conceal and carry a handgun on their person in public areas. These licenses must be renewed every 5 years.

Section 2

The Govenor may enter into reciprocity agreement with other regions regarding concealed carry of handguns. If such an agreement is entered, concealed carry licenses issued by such regions shall be considered valid in the Mideastern region.

Section 3

Any citizen of another region with which the Mideastern region does not have a reciprocity agreement, may apply for a conceal carry license in the Mideastern region. All rules for Mideastern citizens regarding these licenses shall apply.

Section 4

Any person who has been convicted of a violent crime or robbery may not receive a lisence unless they have commited no crimes above a misdemeanor for five years in a row after having served their sentence and

A - having been legally employed for at least two years
B - having been married to someone meeting the requirements of A.
OR
C - being above the legally defined retirement age.

at the time of application.

Section 5

The cost of application and renewal of a license shall be $50. This money will go to maintaining the infrastructure to carry out applications and to pay for FBI background checks.

Section 6

Concealed carry of handguns may be disallowed in government owned buildings, including but not limited to court houses and schools. The policy for each building or building type may be determined by the government responsible for the building, be it federal, regional, state, or local.

Section 7

Private property owners may disallow concealed carry on their own property.

Section 8

The Mideast regional government shall provide one free handgun for every Mideast resident who have passed the training course, has a clean criminal record and who is over the age of 21.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:41:19 AM »

The initiative has the full support of the NRA of Atlasia.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 02:33:17 AM »

I support it.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 05:38:10 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2005, 05:39:35 AM by Dean »

And add this too:

Recall Initiative

Any citizen of the Mideast shall be able to remove regional government officials from office by collecting the signatures of at least one third of the region's registered voters within the space of a week. A referendum will be held on the weekend a week after the completion of the petition, in which voters will be asked:

Answer yes, no or abstain on the following question: Should [officer in question] be removed from the office of [position of office in question]?

Should at least 2/3 of voters vote yes in the above ballot, the office in question shall be deemed vacant and a special election shall be held a weekend after the referendum. The incumbent officer would be banned from running in the special election.
ian

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 11:45:52 AM »

And add this too:

Recall Initiative

Any citizen of the Mideast shall be able to remove regional government officials from office by collecting the signatures of one third of the region's registered voters within the space of a week. A referendum will be held on the weekend a week after the completion of the petition, in which voters will be asked:

Answer yes, no or abstain on the following question: Should [officer in question] be removed from the office of [position of office in question]?

Should a majority of voters vote yes in the above ballot, the office in question shall be deemed vacant and a special election shall be held a weekend after the referendum. The incumbent officer would be banned from running in the special election.

Now, THIS I can't support.  I think this would become a political tool for the different viewpoints in Atlasia.  Change "a majority" to "2/3" and I will vote for it, however.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 01:07:16 PM »

And add this too:

Recall Initiative

Any citizen of the Mideast shall be able to remove regional government officials from office by collecting the signatures of one third of the region's registered voters within the space of a week. A referendum will be held on the weekend a week after the completion of the petition, in which voters will be asked:

Should a majority of voters vote yes in the above ballot, the office in question shall be deemed vacant and a special election shall be held a weekend after the referendum. The incumbent officer would be banned from running in the special election.

Considering the vast majority of this bill is already constitutional law I do not see the point.

Unfortunately by Law I am required to recognise your initiative petition, and I now do so. I also recognise the petition at the top which actually makes sense.

Before proposing things in future it would be a good idea to consult the Laws already in effect: A complete collection can be found on the Wiki linked from the Regional Page. You can find rules that govern my conduct regarding petitions explained on this page. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

All citizens are requested to state which initiative petition they are signing when signing this page, or else their signature shall not be valid.

Ian's signature, since posted before the second petition, is recognised as only applying to the Concealed Carry Initiative.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 05:37:30 PM »

I support this, hopefully it will pass
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 10:52:20 PM »

X MHS2002 for the Concealed Carry Initiative

Not signing the other initiative
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 10:45:44 PM »

Concealed Carry Initiative

Section 1

Any citizen of the Mideastern region who has completed a safety course on gun use may apply for a license to conceal and carry a handgun on their person in public areas. These licenses must be renewed every 5 years.

Section 2

The Govenor may enter into reciprocity agreement with other regions regarding concealed carry of handguns. If such an agreement is entered, concealed carry licenses issued by such regions shall be considered valid in the Mideastern region.

Section 3

Any citizen of another region with which the Mideastern region does not have a reciprocity agreement, may apply for a conceal carry license in the Mideastern region. All rules for Mideastern citizens regarding these licenses shall apply.

Section 4

Any person who has been convicted of a violent crime or robbery may not receive a lisence unless they have commited no crimes above a misdemeanor for five years in a row after having served their sentence and

A - having been legally employed for at least two years
B - having been married to someone meeting the requirements of A.
OR
C - being above the legally defined retirement age.

at the time of application.

Section 5

The cost of application and renewal of a license shall be $50. This money will go to maintaining the infrastructure to carry out applications and to pay for FBI background checks.

Section 6

Concealed carry of handguns may be disallowed in government owned buildings, including but not limited to court houses and schools. The policy for each building or building type may be determined by the government responsible for the building, be it federal, regional, state, or local.

Section 7

Private property owners may disallow concealed carry on their own property.

Section 8

The Mideast regional government shall provide one free handgun for every Mideast resident who have passed the training course, has a clean criminal record and who is over the age of 21.

i support this.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 04:40:20 AM »

bump
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 05:19:20 PM »

I'll sign both just as a common courtesy to get them on the ballot, I plan to vote against them.

Akno21
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 05:42:13 PM »

I'll sign the first one.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 07:09:35 PM »

bump

just one more signature....... 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 07:44:40 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2005, 01:40:57 PM by Joe Republic »

OK, to get it on the ballot:

I sign the first initiative:

X

2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 05:39:03 AM »

And we're done!! Smiley Yay!
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 08:18:47 AM »

Not quite.

I count the following signatures for the Concealed Carry Initiative: Yourself, Ian, Akno, Josh, Frodo, MHS2002.

The requirement of giving some sort of indication as to which initiative was being signed was mandatory: I am unable to determine intent of the signatures of 9iron and Joe Republic because they do not differentiate which petition (or both) they are signing.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2005, 01:41:59 PM »

Not quite.

I count the following signatures for the Concealed Carry Initiative: Yourself, Ian, Akno, Josh, Frodo, MHS2002.

The requirement of giving some sort of indication as to which initiative was being signed was mandatory: I am unable to determine intent of the signatures of 9iron and Joe Republic because they do not differentiate which petition (or both) they are signing.

Oops, my mistake.  I've changed mine to specify which one I sign for.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2005, 11:49:44 PM »

bump for Gov. Peter Bell to certify the signatures, and put the Concealed Carry initiative on the ballot...
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 07:58:47 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2005, 01:17:09 PM by Peter Bell »

As required by Law I note that the Concealed Carry Initiative has gained ballot status.

It will be listed as Init 04 on the ballot.

I would like permission to amend all instances of the word Mideastern to Mideast, as this has generally been the common place way to refer to the name of the Region. I would also like to correct the spelling of Governor in Clause 2.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since this has been added on top of the other CC initiatives, I would like some semblence of how much this will cost.
ian

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005, 03:25:44 PM »

And add this too:

Recall Initiative

Any citizen of the Mideast shall be able to remove regional government officials from office by collecting the signatures of at least one third of the region's registered voters within the space of a week. A referendum will be held on the weekend a week after the completion of the petition, in which voters will be asked:

Should at least 2/3 of voters vote yes in the above ballot, the office in question shall be deemed vacant and a special election shall be held a weekend after the referendum. The incumbent officer would be banned from running in the special election.

The end has been changed to say "2/3" instead of "a majority," just to specify.  And now, I support it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2005, 05:04:04 PM »

And add this too:

Recall Initiative

The end has been changed to say "2/3" instead of "a majority," just to specify.  And now, I support it.

There's still already a provision in the Mideast constitution for this, and therefore it's unnecessary.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 04:26:18 PM »

As required by Law I note that the Concealed Carry Initiative has gained ballot status.

I would like permission to amend all instances of the word Mideastern to Mideast, as this has generally been the common place way to refer to the name of the Region. I would also like to correct the spelling of Governor in Clause 2.

Since this has been added on top of the other CC initiatives, I would like some semblence of how much this will cost.

I still want answers to all of this
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 12:18:08 PM »

Bumped, for this reason. ^^^^^^^^^
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2005, 05:02:05 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2005, 05:03:47 AM by Dean »

I still want answers to all of this
It would cost up to $50 million per year, on a forst come first serve basis.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies