Do you support any form of eugenics?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:47:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you support any form of eugenics?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Do you support any form of eugenics?  (Read 2728 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 06:15:48 PM »

No (sane).
Torie
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2014, 09:33:58 AM by Torie »

To flip the coin on this one, how about paying folks for having more kids using non racial or ethnic criteria, say if they are professionals, well educated, etc., to encourage more procreation from them? I believe Singapore has this policy, or did.

As to the question posed, and approaching it from a cost benefit analysis, is whatever "improvement" that could be demonstrated from handing out bonuses for those deemed unfit to be parents really worth the attendant bad feelings that would arise from slapping a scarlet letter on certain folks? I don't think so. Indeed the bonuses might largely be reaped by those who actually are the most "responsible" when making procreation decisions, and not by those who are the least "fit," so the marginal impact of such a policy in achieving the desired result, would probably be minimal.

And then, the slippery slope argument seems to have sufficient traction to me in this context, to make any such policy problematical for that reason alone. It can be a thin line between handing out rewards, and meting out punishments, and all too easy to slip over the line.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »

This thread is such a typically internet embarrassment.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2014, 03:01:43 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

No I don't. Stop lying about my record.

Seriously? Your 'record'? Get real, Cory.

Well, that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm actually not but even if it was acting as supercilious as you are is hardly the right way to get me to feel bad about it.

Point out where I said I "hate disabled people" then jackass. I don't care about getting you to "feel bad" I'm just pointing out that you're full of sh**t.

In addition to what Scott posted--and yeah, waiting until now to cover your sorry ass is pretty abject, if you're even telling the truth about being drunk (which isn't an excuse anyway)--read what I said about Einzige's 'love' for the poor. If your 'love' for somebody results in their massacre, preemptive or otherwise, then it's functionally hate, regardless of what emotional state may motivate it.

I don't care about getting you to feel bad either since you're a hard-hearted reprobate, I'm just publicly shaming you for other people's edification. I'm glad we're on the same page as far as that goes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »

In addition to what Scott posted--and yeah, waiting until now to cover your sorry ass is pretty abject, if you're even telling the truth about being drunk (which isn't an excuse anyway)--read what I said about Einzige's 'love' for the poor. If your 'love' for somebody results in their massacre, preemptive or otherwise, then it's functionally hate, regardless of what emotional state may motivate it.

I don't care about getting you to feel bad either since you're a hard-hearted reprobate, I'm just publicly shaming you for other people's edification. I'm glad we're on the same page as far as that goes.

Really? You think that enabling parents to have children without downs syndrome is "preemptive massacre"?

You must be as stupid as you are terribly, hideously ugly (I saw your pic in the thread, it explains a lot). That's probably why you are so against genetic engineering. You're just bitter that within 100 years people largely might not have to live with your condition.

Dude... what the hell?!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »

I think you should leave the forum Cory. Get thee gone.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2014, 07:38:19 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Really? You think that enabling parents to have children without downs syndrome is "preemptive massacre"?

You must be as stupid as you are terribly, hideously ugly (I saw your pic in the thread, it explains a lot). That's probably why you are so against genetic engineering. You're just bitter that within 100 years people largely might not have to live with your condition.

Cory, be a dear and give me a second and I'll respond, okay? Sorry if it's past your bedtime; I'm doing this as fast as I can. Just get your blankie and go nap-nap and I'll get back to you soon.

______

So, does anybody else in this thread watch Orphan Black? Mind if I spoil the latest episode in the interests of insulting this POS? Although I suppose even asking this question makes it pretty clear what the insult is going to be, doesn't it?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »

ATTN: Cory

Please post a recently dated photograph of yourself so that we may conduct a phenotypic evaluation to determine whether you qualify for genetic amelioration.  Failure to comply within the next seven days will result in your liquidation.

Much love

U.S. Department of Eugenics
Southeastern Office
Torie
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »

You crossed the Rubicon Cory with the above post. I normally try up to a point to protect posters in trouble. I won't with you. And I strongly suspect you will be in trouble - serious trouble. You might ponder that, and think of what you might do to mitigate matters. And think about it with alacrity is my best advice.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2014, 09:40:30 PM »

Well Cory, I'm glad you've taken such an interest in the appearance of everyone here that you're willing to provide the necessary funds to heighten them to your standards.

We are truly honored to be in your presence, even more than that Oxford guy.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »

I feel terrible. I often times post terrible, damnable things in anger without thinking. I try to let the better side come out but sometime I just get so terribly angry and even spiteful about stupid, asinine things. I don't intend this as an excuse, because people must have self-control, but as somewhat of an explanation.

You know what, I am sorry I posted that, and I am sorry I posted the things about AIDS. I don't know I have this awful rabbit of saying harsh things that I don't mean and things just come out. The relative anonymity of the internet accelerates this.

I'm sorry I called ASTV "ugly" and "stupid", that is an asinine and extremely low thing to say. Almost as bad as saying that "anyone decent" would kill themselves if they got AIDS. Ugh, you know, I really do typically mean well and want what's good for everybody. You can believe that if you want, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. I try to let my good side overpower my bad side, and it usually does, but sometimes I just can be a terrible, mean person.

On this note I think it would probably be best If I just took my leave. If I'm going to get upset at other users personally then that can only serve to disrupt the quality conversation here.

Well there you have it. Best wishes for all of you.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:10 PM »

I accept your apology, Cory, and I wish you the best. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope that the self-reflection I hope and assume you will engage in might lead you to a different understanding of certain issues in politics and scientific ethics and the effect that they have on people's relationships and lives, but that's really neither here nor there, at this point. Good-bye.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2014, 11:59:56 PM »

The ironic thing about this thread is that Nathan is among our better looking posters IMO (no homo).

Well, that certainly was an interesting end to Cory's notorious career here. Who will be our resident eugencist now? Snowstalker perhaps? Do any of you think Hilfly will take a swing at it?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2014, 12:23:45 AM »

I mean, Einzige's the obvious answer since he's the OP, but I'd be surprised if Snowstalker didn't swing through an at least crypto-eugenicist phase at some point or other.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2014, 04:42:41 AM »

Wow, he literally reached the level of Kindergarten-style argumentation. To me, it's not really upsetting as much as it is hilarious.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies