Labor Party Spring 2014 Convention - New Orleans, LA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:04:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Spring 2014 Convention - New Orleans, LA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Spring 2014 Convention - New Orleans, LA  (Read 22904 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: May 25, 2014, 10:22:18 AM »

xWindjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:38:13 AM »

I oppose Maxwell's request for the Labor endorsement.

I like him personally, but between Yankee and Maxwell, this is like choosing between Jan Brewer and Scott Walker.

Indeed, Yankee has terrible views on immigration, I wo'nt deny that. But as you know, immigration isn't actually an issue. I don't expect the senate to repeal and even to debate a lot about bills speaking about social issues.

However, what I expect is that the next senate risks to try to repeal some economic progress. Indeed, as you can see, the DR, made by  libertarians, is trying to gain some seats: in the Northeast, in the Mideast, and in the Pacific. With a future VP who risks to be a libertarian, if the DR succeeds (and they can succeed, that's obviously a possibility), I'm sure they will try to repeal some economic progress.

Maxwell has definitely terrible economic views. He's one of the  biggest right to work supporter of this forum  and a big fan of Scott Walker. SCOTT WALKER!!!
The Labor Party, is, I believe, extremely pro union, how could we support someone who is so anti union???...
Yankee however, has always tried to make compromises with the Labor senators on economic purposes (like cooperative I think).
That's why I believe Yankee would be much preferable to Maxwell, because he's less distant to us on economic issues, and that I don't see how social issues could be a major debate, maybe for 1 or 2 social issues, but with the DR which is trying to get some senate seats, I expect that economic issues for the next senate will be extremely debated.

Maxwell is a nice guy, I worked with him in the Midwest long time ago, but I definitely consider Yankee is preferable, politically, to him.

That's why I believe, the Labor Party should endorse Yankee.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:56:01 AM »

You know, Yankee can be reelected as senator and be defeated as president pro tempore at the same time.

Because the President Pro Tempore is elected by the senators. Why is Yankee still the PPT? Simply because the Labor Party, even if they have 5 seats, doesn't have the tie breaking vote. That's why Yankee has always been able tos tay PPT.

The PPT nomination is completely an another election than the senate elections...

The president pro Tempore isn't de facto the longesr serving senator. It can be every senator.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »

Oh, and I forget.
Economically, the DR is certainly more rightwing than the Federalist Party economically.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 06:15:28 PM »

I oppose Maxwell's request for the Labor endorsement.

I like him personally, but between Yankee and Maxwell, this is like choosing between Jan Brewer and Scott Walker.

Indeed, Yankee has terrible views on immigration, I wo'nt deny that. But as you know, immigration isn't actually an issue. I don't expect the senate to repeal and even to debate a lot about bills speaking about social issues.

I appreciate the support man, but I ask what is so horrible about these bills? Wink
Amendment to the Spurring Skilled Immigration
Spurring Skilled Immigration
A Dream of Veteran Fairness Act
Garden of Dreams Act
Dream Act

Also I actually opposed the AZ Immigration law in real life.

Well, so I'm sorry. I really thought you were anti immigration.
So that's an another reason to support you! Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »

IDS SENATE:

[  ] Maxwell (Democratic-Republican)
[X] North Carolina Yankee (Federalist)

MIDEAST SENATE:

[X] Benconstine (The People's Party)
[X] DC Al Fine (Federalist)
[  ] MadmanMotley (Democratic-Republican)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »

I nominate myself for the position of General Secretary.
I second his candidacy to the position of General Secretary. (no, I'm not running for that, I support you Tongue)

Barnes seems to be really motivated and this is what we need as General Secretary: new blood.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 09:30:44 AM »

Nay

I truly disagree with the Foreign Part.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »

Aye

The platform is the same thing from last time, people.
That doesn't mean it can't be debated again!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »

Just to say I'm writing something for the foreign platform.
Sorry for being so long!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies