SENATE BILL: Job Guarantee Act of 2014 (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:51:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Job Guarantee Act of 2014 (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Job Guarantee Act of 2014 (Failed)  (Read 1347 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 26, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »

This is a bill to once and for all end unemployment in Atlasia. It guarantees everyone the right to a job, and gives Regional governments discretion in how they spend the money accorded to them to make full employment a reality.

Except for the 3%, of course.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »

This is a bill to once and for all end unemployment in Atlasia. It guarantees everyone the right to a job, and gives Regional governments discretion in how they spend the money accorded to them to make full employment a reality.

He did say full employment.

Where does it say that in the bill (not arguing we should change it, of course, full employment might be a bit of a tricky situation)?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »

Where does it say that in the bill (not arguing we should change it, of course, full employment might be a bit of a tricky situation)?

A "job guarantee" would imply that.

I still don't see any unemployment number but the 3% figure in the bill. I could create, say, a Bureau of Fiscal Responsibility, stock it with my close friends, and steal all the money (which I 110% did not do in the Northeast I swear).
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 05:38:25 PM »

A "job guarantee" would imply that.

I still don't see any unemployment number but the 3% figure in the bill. I could create, say, a Bureau of Fiscal Responsibility, stock it with my close friends, and steal all the money (which I 110% did not do in the Northeast I swear).

You're right, that's probably a pretty good comparison to what's going on in this bill.

I do like to think I'm friends with the poor and downtrodden.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:22:20 AM »

Unlike Sen. Lumine, I believe the government has a vested interest in the reduction of unemployment and that this interest is worth spending a few hundred billion dollars, though I don't think anyone around here is going to change their mind on this any time soon.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 02:12:48 PM »

Seriously? I could spend quite a good amount of time attacking the Senator for that use of language (parasites?), but I feel I have to ask to the Senate as whole: Are we really going to spend almost 500 billion on this? Our entire budget is like 3.500 billion, and we are already spending 1.000 Billion in the Health Care mess alone.

I for one am not willing to destroy the banking system and sacrifice our economy for the sake of such an impractical bill.

What else would you call people who do nothing but profit from the labor of others?

I object.

Why are you objecting? This just gets your bill to a vote faster, and I highly doubt you (or any of us, but especially you because you're a bit toxic) will be able to convince the rightists (or Cincy and Duke for that matter, though I'm not sure how they feel about this).
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »

I didn't mean to object. My apologies, got confused with another thread. Tongue

Perfectly all right, but you should probably withdraw that before Yankee sees you.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies