Best and Worst shows on MSNBC and Fox News
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Best and Worst shows on MSNBC and Fox News
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best and Worst shows on MSNBC and Fox News  (Read 5900 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »
« edited: May 26, 2014, 08:47:39 PM by bronz4141 »

What do you think is the best and worst shows on Fox News Channel and MSNBC? In my opinion the best show on MSNBC is The Rachel Maddow Show and the worst is probably stupid Lockup reruns and the best on Fox is The Five and the worst is Hannity, he's just crude and rude. On MSNBC, Morning Joe is starting to get stale, in my opinion. Thoughts?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2014, 08:53:13 PM by ElectionsGuy »

I'll do a couple for each.

MSNBC best: Morning Joe, Rachel Maddow, All In w/Chris Hays.
MSNBC worst: Ed Show, PoliticsNation, Hardball w/Chris Matthews.

Fox best: The Five, Special Report, Kelly File.
Fox worst: O'Reilly Factor, Hannity, Fox and Friends.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:55:14 PM »

Maddow is about the only tolerable thing on either network, and even she's a bit of a grandstander.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 10:29:34 PM »

FOX best:  Special Report, Fox News Sunday, The Journal Editorial Report
FOX worst:  Hannity, O'Reilly, anything with Laura Ingram

MSNBC best:  Morning Joe
MSNBC worst:  Hardball with Chris Matthews, anything with Al Sharpton or Rachel Maddow
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:19:18 PM »

I don't think these shows are appropriate for people under 70.  Seriously, what's the point of watching cable news?  It's not entertaining and it's not news.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 12:04:15 AM »

More or less Elections Guys list, with an expanded range of channels. Chris Hayes is a carbon copy of Rachel Maddow, down to the way he dresses and talks. It's creepy.

MSNBC best: Morning Joe, Rachel Maddow, MHP on her good days.
MSNBC worst: Ed Show, PoliticsNation, Hardball w/Chris Matthews, MHP on her normal days.

Fox best: Special Report, Fox News Sunday, Greta.
Fox worst: O'Reilly Factor, Hannity, Fox and Friends.

CNN best: The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
CNN worst: Everything else.

C-SPAN best: Q&A
C-SPAN worst: The endless hours of Senate Agriculture hearings on drinkable water in Idaho.

I don't think these shows are appropriate for people under 70.  Seriously, what's the point of watching cable news?  It's not entertaining and it's not news.
You don't like hearing the same story repeated every thirty minutes by a blonde model not crossing her legs? Because that is pretty much Fox News in a nutshell.

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 07:00:56 AM »

MSNBC Best: Rachel Maddow, Morning Joe,  Mellisa Harris-Perry
MSNBC Worst: The Ed Show,  Politics Nation,  Hardball

Fox Best: The Five, Special Report, Kelly File
Fox Worst: O'Reilly Factor, Hannity, Fox and Friends

CNN Best: The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, that one with Anderson
CNN Worst: Everything else

C-SPAN Best: The endless hours of Senate Agriculture hearings on drinkable water in Idaho
C-SPAN Worst: The Road to the White House
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 12:47:29 PM »

There's nothing good on any of those channels.
GaussLaw
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »

MSNBC:
Best:  Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow
Worst:  Joe Scarborough, Chris Matthews
FOX:
Best:  Hannity, O'Reilly, Stossel
Worst:  Greta van Susteren

I like some spice in my news shows.  As such, my tastes are very eclectic. Tongue
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 02:48:33 PM »

MSNBC - best: Rachel Maddow; worst: Chris Matthews.
FOX - who knows, I never watch it- probably all bad.

These days I watch TYT to get most of my US news. Far more entertaining and way better journalism.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »

Chuck Todd is without a doubt the best on cable news.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 09:12:13 PM »

For some reason, Ronan Farrow, the son of actress Mia Farrow and filmmaker Woody Allen, is doing horrible in ratings. Sad.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/ratings-sink-ronan-farrow-show-msnbc-article-1.1740039
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 10:17:55 PM »

For some reason, Ronan Farrow, the son of actress Mia Farrow and filmmaker Woody Allen, is doing horrible in ratings. Sad.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/ratings-sink-ronan-farrow-show-msnbc-article-1.1740039
Thats because he is on at 2:00 PM. I woke up really late yesterday since my dad didn't need my help at his business and he was on. His show was awful; the opening into calls him "an activist and diplomat." I clicked the channel within five minutes because it's clear he is a total d-bag who built his career off his pedophile dad and famous mother.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »

Best: Rachel Maddow, soothing delivery
Worst: Ed Schultz, retarded attempt at a liberal Rush

Best: The Five, cornball entertainment
Worst: Greta, boring and pointless
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 02:57:19 AM »

Thats because he is on at 2:00 PM. I woke up really late yesterday since my dad didn't need my help at his business and he was on. His show was awful; the opening into calls him "an activist and diplomat." I clicked the channel within five minutes because it's clear he is a total d-bag who built his career off his pedophile dad and famous mother.
Actually, he's on at 1 PM EST (though that might be b/c of time differences between us). I'll admit, his show is pretty boring and to add onto your point, his pass-offs to Joy-Ann Reid are so awful that they're funny, but his show itself is pretty good even if he's too mainstream. He's total eye candy which keeps me intrigued to watch, though you can also hear in his voice that he's really sincere and down to Earth about the issues he covers each day which is nice.

And that's how most MSNBC shows during the day are. Fairly neutral/non-partisan hosts and focusing on the bland, national kind of issues that David Gregory covers on Meet the Press, so IMO, you only need to watch 1 or 2 of them a day between 9-5 to get the day's news, preferably Chuck Todd from The Daily Rundown because the guy knows his stuff. Plus he's keeping us up to date on Election 2014 and has some interesting segments like the day's Deep Dive or TDR50 which politically covers all 50 states - 1 per week.

Among the best MSNBC shows, call me biased, but here's my list:

1) The Daily Rundown w/Chuck Todd - Unfortunately, I usually miss it because it's on so early, but when I do see it, Chuck never fails to amaze. He has a good balance between focusing on mainstream issues like Iraq and the House Majority Leader situation  and side things like TDR50 and MS-Sen. You can never get enough of his statistics and maps, either.

2) Andrea Mitchell Reports - I haven't had a chance to watch it in quite awhile, but she's a well-respected leader in news and knows her stuff when it comes to discussing foreign issues. I watched her show a lot during the October shutdown to because she had some good guests and conversations on that, to. The years she's spent with NBC/MSNBC have definitely taken a toll on her, though.

3) Ronan Farrow Daily/The Reid Report - For some reason, I feel these shows go hand-in-hand together and I don't know if it's because they're both new shows, they cover similar topics, or just Ronan's botched hand-offs to Joy-Ann Reid. Either way, both shows are great and it is worth mentioning Reid can be a good alternative for civil rights news on occasion.

4) The Cycle - There's something about a show with 4 co-hosts that just makes it awesome, especially when you have a moderate Republican, a moderate Democrat, a liberal Democrat and thee Touré on there. The timing of the show is also great and it's a great lead-in to primetime.

5) Now w/Alex Wagner - She's undoubtedly been a great replacement for the loudmouth himself, Martin Bashir. She can build strong arguments especially on immigration reform and has a good demeanor in discussing Republicans to just laugh and mock them if nothing else.

6) The Ed Show because he knows how to rip Republicans apart better than any MSNBC primetime host in the most direct approach plus if you're a Democrat in Ohio or somewhere else in the Midwest, you can't hate him. He's not afraid to speak the truth and I'm so happy when he covers more local issues like when he came to Ohio to challenge Kasich on stripping collectively bargaining rights.

7) PoliticsNation w/Rev. Al Sharpton is also a great show in my opinion and again, if you go beyond just considering how anti-Republican that Rev. Sharpton is, you can expand your knowledge of social and civil rights issues such as when he covered the Trayvon Martin trial extensively. I might be white, but I've learned a lot from him and actually used his show as an influence in picking a topic for research paper last semester in my African American History 1877-present class.

8 ) All In w/Chris Hayes - Him and Chuck Todd would make an epic duo. He's a quiet, but an intelligent version of Maddow, though he lacks ratings as opposed to Maddow. I give him props though for being the first MSNBC host to bring Ed FitzGerald onto his program to talk about FitzGerald's confrontation with Eric Holder over voting rights/legislature's funding threats.

9) The Rachel Maddow Show - I, like many people, love how calm she can be, but still somehow manage to own the Republicans all the time. Her show is incredibly interesting to watch, and of course, high in ratings. Ever since Olbermann got fired, she's also made all of the election night's as the emcee very entertaining, to.

10) The Last Word w/Lawrence O'Donnell - Currently, O'Donnell is on a leave of absence from a terrible car wreck he got in. Luckily, he's feeling better, but in the meantime Ari Melber is filling in for him. Ari is kind of bland, but funny when he's the sole host (which Ari isn't used to), but it will be great to have Lawrence back soon. Out of all primetime MSNBC hosts, he has that TV face, is a strong gun control proponent, a great debater and you can always look forward to the "Rewrite" segment near the end of his show. He also has a good heart to for all he's done for the K.I.N.D. fund and has even visited Malawi.

Among the worst

1) Morning Joe - It annoys me that Scarborough is allowed to get his own 3 hour slot when Chuck Todd deserves it more than anyone else. They even repeat the first hour of the show again from 8 to 9! More often than not, Scarborough doesn't even report on the news either and jokes around with the other guys at the roundtable until Mika finally tells Joe to shut up. When it comes to his views, it's nice to see he tries to make them more moderate for his viewers, but he's definitely on the wrong network.

2) Hardball w/Chris Matthews - Don't even bother watching him. I heard he complained when Ed Schultz took his 5PM slot bumping Matthews back a few hours and Matthews on his show promoted his move to 7PM without saying a word about Ed's move back to weekdays. He doesn't even let his guests talk because he's talking the whole time and even talks over them so he can complain some more!

3) Some Generic, Political Shows - Among them - Weekends w/Alex Witt, Disrupt w/Karen Finney, MSNBC Live, Jansing & Co. (she's that boring/bland), borderline NewsNation (show speaks for itself, but the music is at least good), and borderline Chris Christie-central - Up w/Steve Kornacki, though his program used to be good and had potential to move to weekdays.

4) All Generic, Non-Political Shows - Which means the weekend airings of Lockup, Caught on Camera, and Your Business.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 04:59:06 AM »

The only cable news show I really ever make a point of watching is Rachel Maddow. (I'm also glad I'm not the only one who's thought Chris Hayes is a male version of her.)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2014, 08:37:08 PM by MATTROSE94 »

MSNBC Best: The Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd, PoliticsNation with Rev. Al Sharpton, The Rachel Maddow Show, The Cycle, Morning Joe
MSNBC Worst: Hardball with Chris Matthews, The Ed Show, Up with Steve Kornacki, Melissa Harris-Perry, Lockup, Caught on Camera

Fox Best: Shepard Smith Reporting, The Five, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren, Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld, Huckabee, Fox News Sunday
Fox Worst: Fox & Friends (I get a good laugh out of it every once in a while though), Your World with Neil Cavuto, The O'Reilly Factor, Hannity, Justice with Judge Jeanine, The Kelly File (Not a fan of Megyn Kelly’s support of Rick Santorum)

CNN Best: The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper 360
CNN Worst: Everything else   

C-SPAN Best: American History TV, Book TV, Q & A
C-SPAN Worst: The endless hours of Senate Agriculture hearings on drinkable water in Idaho, Road to the White House
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »

The only thing I ever watch on either of these is a couple of minutes of whatever is on Fox News in the morning because the boss is a staunch conservative.  That thing is a train wreck.  Two morons and a stupid "hot"* chick.

*or what the people at Fox think is a hot chick....not there is anything wrong with leggy blondes, but it's kind of boring too.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 01:47:30 AM »

There's nothing good on any of those channels.

(normal)
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 09:39:42 AM »

MSNBC
Best: Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, Chris Hayes, The Cycle, Alex Wagner
Worst: Ronan Farrow, Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton

Fox News
Best: Kelly File, Special Report, The Five
Worst: Hannity, O'Reilly, Fox and Friends
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 02:41:03 AM »

All I came here to say is that Fox And Friends is what all morning news would be had the Nazis won the war.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »

All I came here to say is that Fox And Friends is what all morning news would be had the Nazis won the war.
That's going into the Simple Truths Silver Mine thread.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:49 PM »

Nobody under 60 years old, with access to the internet, or can afford a newspaper should watch any of that crap.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 12:48:07 AM »

I don't watch either on a regular basis, but my favorites on MSNBC are Matthews and Maddow.

The only time I watch Fox is when Jon Stewart makes fun of it.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »

Nobody under 60 years old, with access to the internet, or can afford a newspaper should watch any of that crap.

I don't know who you are but I already like you.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies