who is more of a democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:32:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  who is more of a democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: pick one.
opebo

walter mitty

bullmoose

angus

bob

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: who is more of a democrat?  (Read 4213 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2005, 11:41:40 AM »

it's your choose!
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:51:20 AM »

Opebo.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 03:22:22 PM »

Yeah, Opebo too.

You (Walter) and Bullmoose are in the liberal wing of the GOP, but still align yourselves with them willingly.  Angus and Bob aren't really aligned with either party, and tend to switch between them.  But Opebo, despite switching from the Republicans quite dramatically quickly, is now more of a leftist Democrat than most of the Dems on this forum.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 03:23:32 PM »

None really
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 04:20:56 PM »

Opebo, because the others are Republican, Republican, Republican (I think), and Independent, respectively.
Cashcow

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 09:10:36 PM »

I would say angus is most closely aligned with the moderate Democrats. Opebo is a little nuts.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 09:25:33 PM »

A little?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 02:17:43 AM »

I am astonished to run 2nd...considering how partisan I am...

*then he looks at his political compass score*

oh
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

All the more reason to call him the most authentic Democrat...Smiley

Actually, while opebo is nuts, his positions are Democratic positions taken to their logical extreme, and argued without logic or reason.  opebo is a caricature of a Democrat, an exaggeration, but quite accurately reflects Democratic positions on most issues.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 08:28:38 AM »

Actually, while opebo is nuts, his positions are Democratic positions taken to their logical extreme, and argued without logic or reason.  opebo is a caricature of a Democrat, an exaggeration, but quite accurately reflects Democratic positions on most issues.

I think this post is quite unfair.  You say I take positions to 'their logical extreme', and then in the same sentence say that I argue 'without logic or reason'.  Which is it?  I think my positions are very consistent and well reasoned, we just happen to disagree.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 10:18:10 AM »

I think this post is quite unfair.  You say I take positions to 'their logical extreme', and then in the same sentence say that I argue 'without logic or reason'.  Which is it?  I think my positions are very consistent and well reasoned, we just happen to disagree.

With all due respect, you simply make statements or pronouncements, all of which happen to follow a certain script, and you provide little, if any, of the intellectual reasoning behind them.

Your positions are extremist.  Most Democrats don't even agree with you, though you are simply further down the same road than the Democratic party in general.

But if you want people to respect your opinions, you need to provide a little more of the reasoning behind them, rather than just read from a certain playbook.
Cashcow

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 12:18:07 PM »

Completely untrue. Opebo's positions are clearly anti-American in every sense of the... hyphenated word. Democrats generally aren't like that at all.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 03:33:13 PM »

With all due respect, you simply make statements or pronouncements, all of which happen to follow a certain script, and you provide little, if any, of the intellectual reasoning behind them.

Your positions are extremist.  Most Democrats don't even agree with you, though you are simply further down the same road than the Democratic party in general.

But if you want people to respect your opinions, you need to provide a little more of the reasoning behind them, rather than just read from a certain playbook.

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Can you point out a specific instance?
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 07:57:18 PM »

Opebo
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 03:30:47 AM »

Translators Note:  The phrase "with all due respect" is actually a polite way of saying "I have no respect for you whatsoever, but need to pretend that I might actually have some for reasons of good manners so I will say a quick, meaningless phrase to soothe your obviously frail ego."
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 07:35:32 AM »

Completely untrue. Opebo's positions are clearly anti-American in every sense of the... hyphenated word. Democrats generally aren't like that at all.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here.  There is a wing of the Democratic party whose worldview is grounded in anti-Americanism.  They are not as explicit as opebo in saying so, but their views imply an anti-American perspective.  That's why I say opebo is a caricature, a more extreme version of the thought process that he represents.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 07:46:18 AM »

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Can you point out a specific instance?

Are you playing with me here?  If I wanted to go to the trouble, I could come up with hundreds.

For the most part, you don't engage in reasonable debate; you simply say that those who don't agree with you are stupid.  You said in a post yesterday regarding requiring ID at polls that "the majority of Republicans are stupid, but are more financially successful than Democrats" or something to that effect.  It's a typical statement of yours that begs the question:  If Republicans are so stupid and Democrats are so smart (not true), then why are Republicans supposedly so well off, and Democrats so poor (also not true - there are plenty of rich Democrats, and not-so-well-off Republicans)?

You speak of the "lower classes" as if they're just a monolithic bloc of people who have no individual talents, no aspirations, no control over their own destiny, and they will all end up the same in life.  It's as if they're not even human, in your mind.  Your view of the world could have been lifted right from Karl Marx theory, even though you don't necessarily advocate the same "solutions" as he does.

Your latest buzzword is "owners."  Tax owners.  What does that mean?  Most big companies are publicly owned by investors.  A fairly large percentage of Americans today are investors.  The "owners" are us, to a large extent.  This is another example of pure communist theory, circa 1935.

So is your hostility to religion of any type.  Yet you give no reasoned analysis of the pluses/minuses of religion, morality, etc.

You're not a stupid guy, but you've allowed your brain to turn to jello.  You have little sense of reality or the real world.  It's kind of humorous to be lectured on the working world by a guy who's never worked a day in his life.  But that's one of the things that makes it difficult to take your views seriously.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2005, 10:19:54 AM »

You said in a post yesterday regarding requiring ID at polls that "the majority of Republicans are stupid, but are more financially successful than Democrats" or something to that effect.

You're taking that out of context!  It was in response to a post by another user just prior to that which asked me if Democrat voters were stupid.  I was redily admitting that a majority of both parties voters are no doubt stupid, just that the Republican ones had more resources/access due to their class. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Answer - intelligence has nothing to do with wealth.

The lower classes are individual humans - that is what is so tragic about their being trapped in a situation from which there is no escape.

Most stocks are owned by the top few percent of the economic heirarchy.  Not that much has changed since 1935.

I have done so numerous times - religion requiers faith, which is an abdication of reason.  Also 'morality' is nothing more than personal preference and any attempt to claim one's own personal preference is an 'objective morality' is a clear attempt to oppress others and rob them of their freedom.  Do you really believe you know what is best for me, or anyone?

Perspective old boy, perspective.  You're so embroiled in your rat-race you can't see it for what it is.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 12:35:02 PM »

Perspective old boy, perspective.  You're so embroiled in your rat-race you can't see it for what it is.

Generally, I would agree with you, but perspective requires knowledge.  I would agree more if you had a little experience to back up your statements.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 12:32:33 PM »

I would say angus is most closely aligned with the moderate Democrats. Opebo is a little nuts.

"a little"?!?!

I don't know whether he is posting because he really believes it or merely posts the most offensive statements to antagonize others.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 12:38:17 PM »

"a little"?!?!

I don't know whether he is posting because he really believes it or merely posts the most offensive statements to antagonize others.

I think it's probably the latter, but who knows.  For all we know, he could be a bored 16-year-old.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 12:44:06 PM »

"a little"?!?!

Of course I hold the opinions I post.  I'm doing better supporting them than you two with your ad hominem attacks.  Perhaps you're 'a little nuts'.  Ah, that was easy.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2005, 12:45:15 PM »

"a little"?!?!

Of course I hold the opinions I post.  I'm doing better supporting them than you two with your ad hominem attacks.  Perhaps you're 'a little nuts'.  Ah, that was easy.

Keep telling yourself that...Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2005, 12:47:19 PM »

Opebo's new favorite phrase is "ad hominem".  Cute Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »