SENATE BILL: Ukrainian Technical, Economical and Military Aid (Debating)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:36:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Ukrainian Technical, Economical and Military Aid (Debating)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Ukrainian Technical, Economical and Military Aid (Debating)  (Read 11222 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »

[quote author=Amendment Offered]Ukrainian Technical, Economical and Civic Aid Act:

The Senate of Atlasia recognizes the need for further action to support the government and the people of Ukraine against Russian aggression, especially in economic terms. Therefore, the Senate hereby authorizes both an aid package in support of the people of Ukraine, and a series of measures in order to maintain this support in the most efficient way possible:

Section 1: Recovery of Assets:

1. The Secretary of External Affairs, in coordination with the Attorney General and the Secretary of Internal Affairs, shall assist, on an expedited basis as appropriate, the Government of Ukraine to identify, secure and recover assets linked to acts of corruption by Viktor Yanukovych, members of his family, or other former or current officials of the Government of Ukraine in any jurisdiction through appropriate programs.

Section 21: Democracy and Technical Assistance:

The Secretary of External Affairs shall, subject to the availability of appropriations, through Atlasian foreign relations and development agencies and through nongovernmental organizations:

1. Improve democratic governance, transparency, accountability, rule of law, and anti-corruption efforts in Ukraine, supporting efforts by the people and institutions of Ukraine to foster peace among the people and regions of the country, supporting the people and Government of Ukraine in preparing to conduct and contest free and fair elections, including through domestic and international election monitoring.
     1.1. A specific amount of money (see Section 4) is to be allocated to help Tatar minorities formerly living in Crimean to relocate to either Ukraine of the United StatesRepublic of Atlasia (as specified by the Crimean Crisis Act of 2014), and support them in economic terms.
2. Assist in diversifying Ukraine's economy, trade, and energy supplies, including at the national,
regional, and local levels, with a special focus in achieving energy independence for Ukraine in regards to the Russian Federation, especially in light of the blatantly hostile rises in Russian prices for oil and natural gas for sale to the Government of Ukraine.

Section 32: Appropriations:

The Senate of Atlasia grants the following appropriations to accomplish the goals and directives listed on this Act:

4.1. The Senate appropriates $3 billion for the activities mentioned in Section 21.

4.2. An additional $2 billion shall be made available to the NGOs handling appropriations in the form of 30-year term interest-free loans, to be administrated by the Department of External Affairs, in order to facilitate the creation of Russian-dependence-reducing revenue-generating energy solutions.

4.3. Any NGOs receiving or handling appropriations listed before shall be selected by the Secretary of External Affairs while meeting the following criteria:

-The NGOs cannot be involved in any way to the Government of Ukraine and/or Ukrainian politicians, they cannot be involved in any way to the Government of Russia and/or Russian politicians and they cannot be associated with any kind of discrimination.
[quote]

A vote is now open.
Please senators, vote AYE, NAY or Abstain.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »

NAY
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »

Nay
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2014, 07:20:12 PM »

Hmmmm, fine, Nay
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »

Aye
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »

Nay.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2014, 01:33:22 PM »

Can someone explain the isseus with the top paragraph, I don't recall seeing them articulated.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »

Nay
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2014, 08:57:46 PM »

Can someone explain the isseus with the top paragraph, I don't recall seeing them articulated.

Sen. TNF has what some might call a hate-boner for the current Ukrainian government, it seems.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:05 AM »

NAY I Guess
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2014, 10:01:22 AM »

Sen. TNF has what some might call a hate-boner for the current Ukrainian government, it seems.

Yeah, I tend to think Nazis should be shot instead of supported.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2014, 01:38:09 PM »

Yeah, I tend to think Nazis should be shot instead of supported.

So you would support a bill much harder against Putin, good to know.
-------------
This has enough votes to fail.
Senators, you have 24 hours to change your vote.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2014, 04:56:28 AM »

Nay FTR
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2014, 05:28:36 AM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »

You don't have to give vote change periods on amendment votes, Windjammer. For one thing, the amendment vote is only three days long and thus the productive value is absent when the sole purpose of such is to effect an earlier end. Case in point, your vote change period ends at one, the three days at three. That is why amendment votes just end whenever six uniform votes are present. Wink On final votes, it has more purpose since the vote is longer.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »

You don't have to give vote change periods on amendment votes, Windjammer. For one thing, the amendment vote is only three days long and thus the productive value is absent when the sole purpose of such is to effect an earlier end. Case in point, your vote change period ends at one, the three days at three. That is why amendment votes just end whenever six uniform votes are present. Wink On final votes, it has more purpose since the vote is longer.

Oooops, sorry! I knew that, but I just didn't pay attention Tongue. Thanks Yankee
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2014, 05:10:12 AM »

Well, since I didn't have to do the 24 hours voting change.
[quote author=Amendment Offered]Ukrainian Technical, Economical and Civic Aid Act:

The Senate of Atlasia recognizes the need for further action to support the government and the people of Ukraine against Russian aggression, especially in economic terms. Therefore, the Senate hereby authorizes both an aid package in support of the people of Ukraine, and a series of measures in order to maintain this support in the most efficient way possible:

Section 1: Recovery of Assets:

1. The Secretary of External Affairs, in coordination with the Attorney General and the Secretary of Internal Affairs, shall assist, on an expedited basis as appropriate, the Government of Ukraine to identify, secure and recover assets linked to acts of corruption by Viktor Yanukovych, members of his family, or other former or current officials of the Government of Ukraine in any jurisdiction through appropriate programs.

Section 21: Democracy and Technical Assistance:

The Secretary of External Affairs shall, subject to the availability of appropriations, through Atlasian foreign relations and development agencies and through nongovernmental organizations:

1. Improve democratic governance, transparency, accountability, rule of law, and anti-corruption efforts in Ukraine, supporting efforts by the people and institutions of Ukraine to foster peace among the people and regions of the country, supporting the people and Government of Ukraine in preparing to conduct and contest free and fair elections, including through domestic and international election monitoring.
     1.1. A specific amount of money (see Section 4) is to be allocated to help Tatar minorities formerly living in Crimean to relocate to either Ukraine of the United StatesRepublic of Atlasia (as specified by the Crimean Crisis Act of 2014), and support them in economic terms.
2. Assist in diversifying Ukraine's economy, trade, and energy supplies, including at the national,
regional, and local levels, with a special focus in achieving energy independence for Ukraine in regards to the Russian Federation, especially in light of the blatantly hostile rises in Russian prices for oil and natural gas for sale to the Government of Ukraine.

Section 32: Appropriations:

The Senate of Atlasia grants the following appropriations to accomplish the goals and directives listed on this Act:

4.1. The Senate appropriates $3 billion for the activities mentioned in Section 21.

4.2. An additional $2 billion shall be made available to the NGOs handling appropriations in the form of 30-year term interest-free loans, to be administrated by the Department of External Affairs, in order to facilitate the creation of Russian-dependence-reducing revenue-generating energy solutions.

4.3. Any NGOs receiving or handling appropriations listed before shall be selected by the Secretary of External Affairs while meeting the following criteria:

-The NGOs cannot be involved in any way to the Government of Ukraine and/or Ukrainian politicians, they cannot be involved in any way to the Government of Russia and/or Russian politicians and they cannot be associated with any kind of discrimination.
[quote]

The results of the vote:
Aye (2): Senator TNF, Senator Griffin
Nay (7): Senator Tyrion, Senator Alfred, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator shua, Senator bore, Senator Goldwater, Senator DC
Non Voting (1): Senator Lumine

TNF's amendment fails.

I, Windjammer, certify these results are accurate.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »

Well, I'll offer my last amendment to correct a mistake and then I hope we will be able to get to a final vote:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2014, 02:48:14 AM »

Senator Lumine, are you friendly or hostile to Senator Lumine's amendment?

(sorry for asking that, but the rules force me to do that)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »

No they don't. If he introduces an amendment to his own bill, it's obviously friendly.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2014, 09:17:07 AM »

No they don't. If he introduces an amendment to his own bill, it's obviously friendly.
Not really,
I recall John Boehner sponsoring a bill (raising the debt limit) and then voting against it, just because he wanted to show he was opposed to that.
To be hionest, if Senator Lumine doesn't object, I will consider this amendment as "friendly". But I prefer to do that, even if this is completely pointless to do that, this is important to respect the rules. (I mean how I interpret them)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2014, 01:11:21 PM »

I declare it friendly!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »

Senators,
You have 24 hours to object.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2014, 05:16:43 PM »

After this can we please please have a final vote?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »

Without any objection, Senator Lumine's amendment has been adopted.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies