FiveThirtyEight Gov Probabilities Released:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:36:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FiveThirtyEight Gov Probabilities Released:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight Gov Probabilities Released:  (Read 3951 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »

I am surprised that Hawaii was not mentioned.  Most likely Dem will win but some early polling has Aiona ahead of Abercrombie in a rematch of 2010.  Yes, Abercrombie won by a large margin in 2010, but the polls in early 2010 also indicated a double digit lead for Abercrombie.  Now the polls from early 2014 show a Aiona lead.  I think these polls at least should put the race up for discussion. 
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »

I'm thinking the US Senate race in Hawaii will likely lead to voters pulling the lever for the Dem in the Governor's race.

But wouldn't be surprised if a Republican won the governorship again barring the Dems screwing it up like 2002.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 03:36:52 PM »

I am surprised that Hawaii was not mentioned.  Most likely Dem will win but some early polling has Aiona ahead of Abercrombie in a rematch of 2010.  Yes, Abercrombie won by a large margin in 2010, but the polls in early 2010 also indicated a double digit lead for Abercrombie.  Now the polls from early 2014 show a Aiona lead.  I think these polls at least should put the race up for discussion. 

Mufi Hannemann is running as an independent. That puts things in question at least, especially on who he'll steal votes from. He'll snag a few socon votes and maybe even some of the old Hawaii establishment.

But wouldn't be surprised if a Republican won the governorship again barring the Dems screwing it up like 2002.

Ain't even mad. Our candidate beat her in the rematch anyway.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »

Whatever happened to Lingle anyways ? What's she been doing since she got blown out in the 2012 U.S. Senate race to Horino.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies