The Federalist Party: June 2014 Convention (LEADERSHIP DECLARATIONS!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:37:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party: June 2014 Convention (LEADERSHIP DECLARATIONS!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Federalist Party: June 2014 Convention (LEADERSHIP DECLARATIONS!)  (Read 28435 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 29, 2014, 08:50:41 PM »
« edited: August 09, 2014, 11:22:45 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

June 2014 Convention: Welcome to Charleston, SC!!!

Party HQ Thread

Welcome to the June 2014 Federalist Convention in Charleston, SC.

Agenda
Member Sign-in
Bylaw and Platform Changes
Endorsements and Primaries
Speeches
Selecting the Next Convention Site

Once we get our members signed in, we will proceed with these above listed items. Time constrains might dictate that we do the primary first and I would like to get that started mid next week at the latest to ensure that it is completed in time. I encourage all members of the Party to participate in this condition and once again I welcome you to Charleston, please enjoy your stay.

NC Yankee,
Federalist Chairman
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »

X North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »

You are welcome to attend if you desire, but only registered Federalists will be able to vote in the endorsements and any changes to the platform/bylaws.

I am pretty sure its not too late to join. Wink

Yankee, should I get working on a platform?

We need to add some specific proposals particularly in terms of economic policy, so yes. I would recommend  offering them as individual amendments, though. 

I am thinking of basically having a period where all platform amendments are offerred and then one vote with all them included to save time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »

Hey Clarence, how you been these past few months?  Smiley

Your welcome to stay as long as you want! Wink

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:33:14 PM »

You are welcome to attend if you desire, but only registered Federalists will be able to vote in the endorsements and any changes to the platform/bylaws.

I am pretty sure its not too late to join. Wink

I joined. Where is the platform?

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Platform_of_the_Federalist_Party

And beefing it up will be our first task, but we might have to stop and proceed with endorsements to ensure we get them in before the election.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »

Now that a majority have signed in, I am opening up a period to offer amendments to the bylaws and the platform. I will offer my amendment to the Introductory/Mission Statement shortly and I know both Riley and Scott have mentioned various ideas they were considering offering. If you have any ideas or proposals please feel free to offer them.

I am keeping this process a little bit loose for now until I get a feel for the participation versus the time available. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »

We do presently have the positions of Vice Chair and Secretary, the latter of which I am still working through making a choice (very tough considering what the various applicants bring to the table) with Vice Chair Dereich.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »

Wouldn't the word "open" be preferable to "extended"?

I would support a non-discrimination clause but certainly we shouldn't word it so that it would be expected to require us to allow non-party members to vote in the party's nominations and such forth. Otherwise that would negate the purpose of having parties in what is primarily an elections game.

Welcome back man. Its never too late to get involved. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does anyone know what the rules are the Presidential election? I don't see it stated on the wiki?

Since there is a desire to proceed, I will aim to begin the process this weekend and have it completed by mid next week.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »

The problem is the rules for President are rather flexible as to when and how long, but the Regional Senators are not and the deadline for candidate seekng the Federalist Nomination/Endorsement is the Friday before the election.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »

I guess we are supposed to use clause 1 for situations like this Presidential race. Okay candidates have 72 hours to declare they are seeking the Presidential Endorsement of the Federalist Party. Candidates have a bit long for Regional Senate Elections, the rules specify the Friday before the election so the deadline to announce is Midnight Friday.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »

Unless there is more thne one Federalist running for a Regional Senator/Executive post, the Federalist running will receive the nominated automatically when the declaration period ends on Friday at Midnight.

All Federalist candidates for Assemblies will be nominated likewise unless there are more candidates than seats up.

Also I open a 72 hour period for Regional Executive/Assembly/Legislative declarations because I foolishly left it out of my earlier post. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »

Endorsement declarations for President are now closed and Senate ends at midnight. I think Governor and Assembly declarations have also closed.

An hour remains for those wishing to declare for Governor or Regional Legislature.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 07:47:42 PM »

All nomination/declaration periods have come to a close.

Mideast Regional Senate
Senator DC al Fine ENDORSED

Midwest Regional Senate
RR1997 ENDORSED

Northeast Regional Senate
Deus Naturae - Pending

Pacific Regional Senate
No Endorsement

IDS Regional Senate
Senator North Carolina Yankee ENDORSED

All Federalist Candidates for Assembly have been endorsed (unless I missed an overflow of candidates somewhere).

Federalist Endorsement Ballot:

President:
[  ] Governor DemPGH (LAB-WA)/ Governor Windjammer (LAB-MN)
[  ] Fmr. Governor Sirnick (TPP-NY)/Governor Dallasfan (DR-MA)
[  ] None of the Above

NE Senate:
[  ] NE Assembly Speaker Deus Naturae (DR-NY)

The vote will be begin immediately and end 72 hours from now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 07:59:09 PM »

DemPGH (6): Scott, Cris, Hifly, DC al Fine, Spamage, Devin,
Sirnick (13): ChairmanSanchez, Jack Enderman, JoMCaR, Cassius, rpryor03, RR1997, ElectionsGuy, Lumine, Rooney, TheRileyKeaton, Cathcon, Pingvin99, Oldiesfreak
NOTA (Cool: TJ, Hagrid, JCL, PiT, Tmth, Anton Kreitzer, Goldwater, Dereich 
Total (27/50=54%)  DemPGH 22% Sirnick 48% NOTA (30%)

There is no majority requirement I know of it seems ridiculous to manifacture one where one does not exist to deny the vast plurality of votes its say. Sirnick/Dallasfan is endorsed by the Federalist Party for President and Vice President.

NE Senate
Deus: TJ, ChairmanSanchez, Hagrid, Jack Enderman, JCL, JoMCaR, PiT, Cris, DC al Fine, Cassius, rpryor03, RR1997, ElectionsGuy, Lumine, TheRileyKeaton, Goldwater, Cathcon, Devin, Pingvin99, Oldiesfreak
Write-in bore: Scott
(21/50=42%) Deus 95% Bore 5%

This one is obviously confusing and complex. Deus is so incredibly, unbelieveably, amazingly and stupendously endorsed by the Federalist Party (I said it was confusing, the pronouncement has to reflect the size of the margin Wink).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:03 PM »

Normally that is the last thing we do at the Convention. We still have to do bylaw and platform changes and there was some desired changes to the platform and after these votes I think we need some for the bylaws as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »

Okay, time to jump back to what we were doing the previous week. Bylaw and Platform amendemnts. I realize people will be distracted by the elections, but on the flip side that might actually draw more participation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »

Silly Mechaman, running for all offices is so passe'. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 12:58:13 AM »

Just so people no what the current stuff is:

Quote from: Restricted

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 01:00:45 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »

We did that back in early 2010 for the RPP but it failed from lack of interest.

How many members would be best?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 05:25:18 AM »

I would prefer something concise but specific.
My thoughts as well. Maybe a sentence or two per point, but making it too long is almost as bad as making it too short as then few will actually read it.

I generally agree with this. We don't want to be inserting bills into the platform. That said we need to add more points to the platform addressing individual issues and have policy or policies in mind that can put such into effect, if that make sense.

I would also note in response to Simfan's text that whilst this Party was born from the Whig Party (formerly Communitarian), it was also just as much born from the Imperial Bloc and it should to some degree continue to reflect that. I think there are areas where moving in direction towards the Communitarian approach is appropriate on various socioeconomic issues (and those should either be market oriented in some way or regionally based, or perhaps even both as much as possible), but aside from that I think it would be a a disastrous mistake to try and turn the clock back to early 2012 completely when there were multiple parties and appealing to a specific sect was practical and preferable, now it is not so much and we have to remain broad based and or avoid language that can be misconstrued.

I would also encourage cautioun on foreign policy (also in a literal sense) because for one thing I have been moving towards non-interventionism. I think it was a mistake in hindsight to go into Iraq and think we screwed the pooch with regards to Iran and several other countries in our monolithically anti-communist only foreign policy of the Cold War. It is a mistake to assume that non-interventionism will be less of a presence amongst internet conservatives as opposed to more as we go towards the 2016 elections particularly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 05:26:49 AM »

I will start a vote on my introductory/mission statement amendment (this evening I hope) and then we will formally proceed with the crafting of the body portion after that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 06:33:11 AM »

Change of plans, to ensure some more organization of this process I am going start an open discussion over the course of the 48 hours during which changes to the Introductory statement Amendment I introduced. WE will then hold a vote.

Once the introductory statement is selected, we will then proceed similarly with the rest of the platform's text

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies