Which Senate seats do you think will be won by a Democratic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:09:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which Senate seats do you think will be won by a Democratic?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well
Michigan

Iowa

Colorado

North Carolina

Alaska

Arkansas

Georgia

Louisiana

Kentucky

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 90

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which Senate seats do you think will be won by a Democratic?  (Read 1922 times)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »

Voted Michigan, Colorado and Louisiana. Alaska gets an honorable mention.

I'm not convinced the Democrats can win the others.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »

Voted Michigan, Iowa, Colorado and North Carolina. Others bar maybe Louisiana (which has that weird run-off system that makes it a lottery) will be close.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 11:22:51 PM »

I am not sure, but damn did you hear some of those moderate Dems coming out against Obama's energy policies?  They didn't beat around the bush.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 11:25:45 PM »

I am not sure, but damn did you hear some of those moderate Dems coming out against Obama's energy policies?  They didn't beat around the bush.

Most of them weren't really "moderate."
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »

I'm not surprised. Begich and Heitkamp come from two of the top 3 oil producers in the country, and Landrieu's state has lots of oil off its coast. Those three (at least) seem to bevoting in the genuine interest of their state.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 08:23:13 AM »

I'm not surprised. Begich and Heitkamp come from two of the top 3 oil producers in the country, and Landrieu's state has lots of oil off its coast. Those three (at least) seem to bevoting in the genuine interest of their state.

Begich and Landrieu have always made it a point to support oil; they are just making that support vocal in hopes of winning in November. Considering Heitkamp isn't even up for reelection and is still criticizing Obama's energy policies, she is probably just plain smart.

The problem with Begich and Landrieu is that they can be very in tune with their respective states on some issues, but on others, like Obamacare they toe the national Democratic party line, which might cause them to be viewed as liberal across the board, even if this isn't necessarily the case. Ultimately, this is why I think both of them will lose.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 08:37:43 AM »

All of them, except for Georgia and Kentucky. Landrieu is a much more talented politician than she gets credit for. Pryor has led in every single poll not conducted by Rasmussen.

In the context of this thread--I simply think that, as of today, Democrats will win all of those races, sans Georgia and Kentucky.
GaussLaw
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:08 AM »

Begich and Landrieu have always made it a point to support oil; they are just making that support vocal in hopes of winning in November. Considering Heitkamp isn't even up for reelection and is still criticizing Obama's energy policies, she is probably just plain smart.

The problem with Begich and Landrieu is that they can be very in tune with their respective states on some issues, but on others, like Obamacare they toe the national Democratic party line, which might cause them to be viewed as liberal across the board, even if this isn't necessarily the case. Ultimately, this is why I think both of them will lose.

Yeah, my prediction has the GOP picking up all the "Romney states" for this reason.  I just don't think there are enough voters in say, Alaska, that dislike Obama a lot but would vote for a Democrat who supports everything Obama does minus energy policy.  I just don't see it.  Given a 35% approval rating in Alaska for Obama, Begich is in trouble.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies