Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:59:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League  (Read 9921 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 31, 2014, 05:16:09 AM »

I'm surprised that people take the conservative persecution complex seriously. Does anyone honestly believe that liberal censorship exists at universities?
Are you funking kidding me?  Not that this will change much but....
Tom Tancredo not allowed to speak at UNC by angry crowd
Don Feder not allowed to speak at University of Massachusetts at Amherst by mob
Canadian lefties suck too, anti-abortion speaker was physically blocked from the stage
Ehud Olmert shouted off stage at U of Chicago
Ray Kelly forced off stage at Brown

I could do this for days.  So either you don't consider that "liberal censorship" (which would be moronic) or don't pay attention to things very well because this happens a LOT.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »

Nate Silver confirms that right of center politicians are almost totally absent these days as graduation speakers in the Ivory Tower. Lots of lip service is given to tolerance and a preference for diversity. That's the PC thing to do, particularly among those who like to think they are enlightened. The reality is very different. Click on the poll on that which Nate links in his article.

Given than faculty and students are overwhelmingly left-wing or non-political, why bringing someone clearly out of tune with them?
Yeah, SCREW THE MINORITY!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:58:29 PM »

So you're still not admitting that censorship goes on and now you're claiming that all this is part of a plan by the "others" to make the uni's look bad?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:08:02 PM »

So you're still not admitting that censorship goes on and now you're claiming that all this is part of a plan by the "others" to make the uni's look bad?
Since when is it censorship to not invite people you don't agree with to give a speech?  What's next?  Chastising the DNC for never having a Republican as their keynote speaker?
That wouldn't be, but shouting down an invited speaker is, it doesn't matter if his views run contrary to the majority.  This started from an earlier exchange....
I'm surprised that people take the conservative persecution complex seriously. Does anyone honestly believe that liberal censorship exists at universities?
Are you funking kidding me?  Not that this will change much but....
Tom Tancredo not allowed to speak at UNC by angry crowd
Don Feder not allowed to speak at University of Massachusetts at Amherst by mob
Canadian lefties suck too, anti-abortion speaker was physically blocked from the stage
Ehud Olmert shouted off stage at U of Chicago
Ray Kelly forced off stage at Brown

I could do this for days.  So either you don't consider that "liberal censorship" (which would be moronic) or don't pay attention to things very well because this happens a LOT.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies