Do problems with the historocity of the Bible affect your faith (or lack of it)? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:57:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do problems with the historocity of the Bible affect your faith (or lack of it)? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do problems with the historocity of the Bible affect your faith (or lack of it)?  (Read 2454 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: May 31, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure most of the historical aspects of the Bible are true. I mean people thought the Hittites were fictional because they were in the Bible and they were discovered to be real, and that statue in Daniel prophecy has been 100% accurate so far.

Hittites are also very important in historical linguistics.

I'm not sure I'm willing to bite the bullet and say that I think these sorts of questions are entirely irrelevant, but I'm really not that interested and don't care very much, so no.

Just out of curiosity (and feel free to ignore me if you think this question is disrespectful, because I fear it may come off as such), would your rationale thusly be that God wanted the Bible to exist in its present form, and thus filtered out all the unnecessary bits?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies