TX: 2014 Senatorial Democratic Runoff Election Result
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:48:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX: 2014 Senatorial Democratic Runoff Election Result
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX: 2014 Senatorial Democratic Runoff Election Result  (Read 652 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2014, 01:03:05 AM »

New Election: 2014 Texas Senatorial Democratic Runoff Election Results

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 04:18:32 AM »

What exactly does the white mean in several counties ?

Are there no registered Democrats in these counties (LOL), was the election not held there (if yes, why ?) or is there another reason ?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 04:21:59 AM »

Are there no registered Democrats in these counties (LOL), was the election not held there (if yes, why ?) or is there another reason ?

No votes were cast.  There's surely a handful of registered Democrats, but none of them showed up.  Look at other counties in the area, especially the pink (= tied) ones.  Less than ten votes cast total.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:25:05 AM »

No votes were cast.  There's surely a handful of registered Democrats, but none of them showed up.  Look at other counties in the area, especially the pink (= tied) ones.  Less than ten votes cast total.

I always forget that some TX-counties are so small in terms of population.

But no, zero, zilch votes cast ?

Hmm.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 04:44:25 AM »

If your county has no organized functional county Democratic Party, that means you can't vote in the party's primary in Texas. Weird, I know, but not news.
adma
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 11:49:40 AM »

Yeah, it's otherwise hard for me to believe that a border county with 50,000+ population like Maverick would have zilch Democratic voters...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »

Yeah, it's otherwise hard for me to believe that a border county with 50,000+ population like Maverick would have zilch Democratic voters...
Now, that is hard to believe even if you know about this Texan law quirk, and is also untrue.

No idea if Miles just forgot to enter the data for it or confused it with another county that has no D primary, but Alameel got 76% in Maverick.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:03:44 AM »

The data entered have the error of the alphabet.  Madison, Marion, Martin, Mason, Matagorda, Maverick, McCulloch, McLennan, and McMullen are in the incorrect order.  I run into this all the time.  Counties starting with the letters "Mc" have traditionally been alphabetized in the location of "Mac" (this is the way its organized on the template file).  But most modern software does not do this and so many times lists such as that on the TX SoS page have the Mc Counties in the Mc alphabetical location (i.e. after Maz).  its very inconsistent and something that always must be checked.  This is also very common for the St. abbreviation not being alphabetized properly.

Thanks,
Dave
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 01:18:35 PM »

^ Yes, the "M's" sometimes mix me up, especially when I have multiple lists of FIPS codes in my spreadsheet. I'll fix it!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies