Office of Representative Talleyrand
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:22:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Representative Talleyrand
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Office of Representative Talleyrand  (Read 15299 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2015, 08:11:45 PM »

I've asked Lt. Governor Matt to amend these mistakes as soon as possible; I do not think he purposefully made this mistake. Anyone is welcome to file a court case though.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2015, 08:13:20 PM »

I've done the same.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »

It was also communicated to me that I wouldn't have to run for my seat because it was close enough to the end of the term that there wouldn't be a special election. I suppose it's my fault - NE election law changes so much that I haven't bothered looking at it in ages.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2015, 12:36:55 AM »

It was also communicated to me that I wouldn't have to run for my seat because it was close enough to the end of the term that there wouldn't be a special election. I suppose it's my fault - NE election law changes so much that I haven't bothered looking at it in ages.

If that's true, then why is there an election in the first place?  Was the first vacancy created by Libertas' banning before the cut-off date for an appointment holding over until February, while Winfield's resignation came after the cut-off?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2015, 12:47:13 AM »

If that's true, then why is there an election in the first place?  Was the first vacancy created by Libertas' banning before the cut-off date for an appointment holding over until February, while Winfield's resignation came after the cut-off?

I believe it happened in reverse order, but they were both remarkably close to one another. Nothing really makes sense to me here. I think there's just a general lack of knowledge across the board about current election statute in the Northeast. This is why I voted against yet another election law change regarding appointments to the Assembly, but it appears to be headed for passage anyway. In some cases (like whether or not we handle vacancies via appointment or special election), we've went back and forth and even back again over the span of the past year.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2015, 12:52:01 AM »

Assuming the law the Assembly is currently debating is currently in force, I think the election has to be for two people.  That law calls for a special election if the vacancy occurs more than 4 weeks before the expiration of current Representatives' terms.  Current Representatives' terms expire some time around 11:59PM on Wednesday, February 25 or midnight Thursday, February 26.  It's more than four weeks from that date right now.  The vacancy would have to occur on or after next Wednesday for it to be permanently filled by appointment.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2015, 08:00:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here is a sample ballot for the upcoming election. Please tell me if there are any issues with it so I can correct them as soon as possible.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2015, 12:02:37 AM »

The booth is now open!

Get out and vote here-

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207729.0
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2015, 12:23:36 AM »

FIRST TO VOTE! Grin
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2015, 12:23:14 AM »

As Chief Judicial Officer, I hereby declare that the total number of votes cast in the gubernatorial election for each candidates was as follows:

SawxDem- 16
Poirot- 9

As Chief Judicial Officer, I hereby declare that the total number of votes cast in the assembly election for each candidates was as follows:

Quota- 5

First Round

Winfield- 7
Blair2015- 5
MattVT- 5
Clyde1998- 4
Pikachu- 2
RGN08- 1

Second Round

Winfield- 5
Blair2015- 5
MattVT- 5
Clyde1998- 4 2/7
Pikachu- 2 2/7
RGN08- 1 6/7

I hereby certify that SawxDem has been duly elected Northeast Governor and Winfield, Blair2015, Matt from VT, Clyde1998, and Pikachu have been elected Northeast Representatives.

x Talleyrand
February 23, 2015

The election results have been certified.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »

I have officially sworn in as the regional Senator and am currently catching up on the bills on the floor.

Feel free to ask any questions/make suggestions here.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2021, 08:30:40 PM »

Hello friends,

I'm reopening this office. I've had the pleasure of serving as a Representative for the past few weeks and I'll be seeking election to a full term this weekend.

If anyone has questions, please AMA. I will post more updates/ideas/policies in the coming days.

Warm regards,

Talleyrand
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies