Office of Representative Talleyrand
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:57:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Representative Talleyrand
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Office of Representative Talleyrand  (Read 15286 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »

Then they shouldn't have a incestuous marriage. Problem solved.

Just because you support perverts marrying their mother and having sex with their immediate family members doesn't mean everyone does.
Again, they shouldn't have incestuous marriages then. Other people's marriages won't affect them in any way.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I like it!

The mere fact that you and the rest of the Assembly members support such perverseness speaks volumes about you and the rest of the Assembly members, and not in a good way.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2014, 06:44:09 PM »

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Thinketh As You Like It.

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »

Then changeth it if thou thinketh he can.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

I am pleased to announce my nominee for the Northeast News Agency's Head, Representative JoMCaR. He has shown remarkable enthusiasm for this game and has indicated he would be willing to serve in this capacity alongside his role in the Assembly. I am confident he will pass Assembly confirmation easily.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:32 PM »

I am pleased to announce my nominee for the Northeast News Agency's Head, Representative JoMCaR. He has shown remarkable enthusiasm for this game and has indicated he would be willing to serve in this capacity alongside his role in the Assembly. I am confident he will pass Assembly confirmation easily.

Thank you for your trust, Governor Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2014, 01:17:40 AM »

x Talleyrand
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2014, 09:04:40 AM »

x Talleyrand

Section 2 of this bill might have some effect on the budget which we will have to work out. Overall, I am pleased with this bill though. The regional government should not subsidize private sports facilities.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2014, 11:32:31 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2014, 11:37:08 AM by Talleyrand »

x Talleyrand

I encourage Northeasterners to get out and vote in the At-large Senate special election. I am supporting Lt. Governor Dr. Cynic and hope that you will give him a high preference. He and Representative Matt would both make excellent Senators.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2014, 11:31:32 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2014, 11:37:02 PM by Talleyrand »

x Talleyrand

With the discovery that this user has made several socks, they are not fit to serve in the Assembly, and will be banned in a few days regardless.

x Talleyrand

Dallas has been a very distinguished Atlasian and has indicated his interest in this position to me multiple times. Since he has participated in the Assembly as much as or more than some sitting Representatives, I consider this somewhat of a formality.

x Talleyrand

Matt has been an active Assemblyman, and someone who I am very comfortable working with, not to mention he is ideologically the closest member to the outgoing Dr. Cynic. I'm sure he'll serve honorably.

There will be one more appointment in the coming days to replace JoMCaR once he is officially banned. I have a candidate lined up for his seat who I am confident will do a good job.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »

I will be gone on vacation for one week and will return on August 12th. In the meantime, Lieutenant Governor Matt will be Acting Governor.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 09:57:19 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2014, 10:01:02 PM by King in the North Matt »

I will be gone on vacation for one week and will return on August 12th. In the meantime, Lieutenant Governor Matt will be Acting Governor.

Alright you heard the man, let's guillotine some bitches rescue some puppies. I'll have a very special special announcement tomorrow morning, so stay tuned.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2014, 03:32:25 PM »

Alright, due to the fact that assemblyman JoMCaR has confessed to the crime of sockery,  per Atlasia law, his privileges to hold office and vote have been revoked for 6 months. Therefore his assembly seat is vacant.

As Acting Governor:

x MattVT
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 01:15:03 AM »

I'm back from my leave of absence, and I would like to thank Lieutenant Governor Matt and the Northeast Assembly for their operation in my absence.

x Talleyrand

A self-explanatory bit of legislation that helps get rid of an inconsistency.

x Talleyrand

I am happy to sign a bill in honor of a living Northeastern legend, and even happier to welcome a painting depicting him in the Governor's house.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2014, 01:22:25 AM »

Mr Secretary,

The Northeast is very grateful to you for the cost estimate you have made regarding the new homelessness initiative, but due to our large budget surplus and capability to pay for this bill on our own, as Governor, I will have to decline the your kind offer of $1 billion in federal subsidies for this act.

I am sure that these funds will prove to be of great assistance to another region or cause.

-Governor Talleyrand, Northeast Region

For the reasons I outlined in the preceding post, the Northeast will not be accepting the federal grant to combat homelessness.

In addition, our budget is nearing finalization (I hope), and I have proposed an amendment that reflects the likely changes we will need to make. I encourage citizens to look over the proposed amendment and offer their thoughts.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195549.msg4264233#msg4264233

Finally, I would like to extend a warm welcome back to Representative Dallasfan, and welcome Representative Sawx to the Assembly. I plan to vote for both of these individuals in the upcoming special election, and hope that they are both elected.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2014, 10:41:55 AM »

Sorry about not acting on this, it's just I didn't want to be the guy who gave away $1 billion. Wink But this is the most practical option, considering other regions could use this.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »

x Talleyrand

x Talleyrand

I've already outlined my reasons for supporting these bills on the Assembly floor.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2014, 06:52:46 AM »

x Talleyrand

I'm very glad to see this finally passed, with an addition $1 billion in law and order to buy cameras for cops to wear, and $2 billion to fund our anti-homelessness program. Due to additional revenue, the surplus remains almost as large as it was last trimester.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2014, 07:03:22 AM »

Excellent work Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »

I have introduced two new bills into the queue.

The seemingly weekly Northeast Assembly special elections, often marked by low turnout and no competition, are a distraction to the region, and simply delay activity in the Assembly itself. This will allow vacancies to be filled solely at the discretion of the Governor, and skip this increasingly meaningless confirmation step.

2. This list shall be updated each year based on the recommendations of the Atlasian Fish and Wildlife Service.

Section 2

1. The Northeastern Endangered Species Preservation Agency (N.E.S.P.A.) is hereby formed, falling under the jurisdiction of the Northeast Department of the Environment.

2. This agency shall be responsible with tracking the condition of the endangered species of the Northeast region, and shall present a report to the Governor and the Secretary of the Northeast Department of the Environment bi-monthly.

3. This agency shall have the power to set regulations and guidelines to protect endangered species in the Northeast region.

3. $1.5 billion shall be allocated each year in grants by this agency to governmental and non-governmental dedicated for the sole purpose of the conservation of endangered species in the Northeast region.
[/quote]

I've also introduced this legislation, which I hope will be a major step towards conserving the threatened and rare species in our region, while working in tandem with the federal government on this issue.

Input, as always, is welcome.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »

My comment on filling vacancies is I don't like it's solely the decision of the Governor. I like the public has to vote and give the ok if there is only one candidate or choose if there are more than one candidate. If the vacancy occurs very early in the term (like if someone is named in a new federal Cabinet) a representative could serve almost a full term without public approval. I like when the public has a say on who represents them.

I think I posted it in the budget thread but I would have preferred if the region took the money available by the federal government for the homelesness bill. It was an example of working in cooperation with the federal government. If regions don't take the money the federal government might not be interested in making money available to regions like that. And it's a loss of revenue for the region since we leave money on the table.   
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »

Poirot, while I would have agreed with you maybe six months ago, it's become almost unheard of for these special elections to be particularly competitive (I can think of one exception during my tenure), and weekly special elections combined with an already high rate of turnover are just disruptive to the Assembly.

The people elect the Governor to serve as the executive of the region. If we give him or her the power to fill legislative vacancies too, I think it could be said that the public have a say on whose representing them when they elect the position, or alternatively, they could try to the best of their ability to avoid voting for candidates with spotty activity in the general election.

x Talleyrand

While this isn't something I'd recommend doing, I see no reason why it should be banned- this bill fits in directly with a right to privacy.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »

After an eventful election season, I would like to congratulate Dr. Cynic, Polnut, Lumine, JCL, and Deus on their elections to the Senate, and offer my condolences to Alfred, Poirot, Clarence, and Bacon King. It will be exciting to have three Northeasterners in the Senate, and we just missed out on having a fourth.

On a note closer to home, I am glad to see all current Representatives re-elected to the Assembly. These gentlemen have been an extremely active and productive group, in addition to representing a broad variety of ideologies in the game. I am looking forward to entering the new session soon.

x Talleyrand

I am glad to sign this bill which cleans up some outdated language, which as Deus put best, will prevent "subsidization" of marriage that many could manipulate.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2014, 08:21:02 AM »

x Talleyrand

This law will simply put Northeast laws regarding smoking in compliance with federal laws, which have lowered the purchasing and possessing age of cigarettes to the age of 16. Even if that were not so, I feel that is a perfectly logical step to take- if we can trust teenagers to drive at this age, there is no reason why we should not trust them to use this privilege "responsibly".

x Talleyrand

This clarifies our budget process through two changes. First, the disaster relief fund is made, optional, not mandatory, and leaves far more discretion in the hands of the executive. Secondly, a "Free Cash Fund" is added, showing all the leftover money the Northeast has accumulated from previous budgets.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2014, 04:20:53 PM »

x Talleyrand

This bill protects both freedom from and of religion by replacing a voluntary prayer period with a moment of silence instead, where students may still pray in private. In addition, we are also emphasizing freedom of speech by stopping the enforcement of the Pledge of Allegiance in classrooms.

x Talleyrand

This removes some unenforceable laws, such as bans on eating while driving, so our police officers can focus on stopping speeding and other unlawful activities. In addition, it gets rid of a local ban on texting while talking (Huh?).
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »

Statement on October

I would like to take this opportunity to state that I will not seek re-election this October. I think the Northeast has been very active under my tenure, and I am grateful for that. It is my hope that the reforms and laws that we have passed over the last two months have bettered the region, and the game itself, but I do not feel that I could maintain a solid level of activity in another term at this time.

I would like to thank Senator Bore, Speaker SWE, Lt. Governors Napoleon, Dr. Cynic, Matt, Representatives Rpryor, Sawx, and last but not least, Dallasfan, for assisting me in my time here, and I look forward to completing this session in the Northeast Assembly.

My activity in Atlasia will continue, and I am sure I will run for or take another office soon enough, but it won't be the governorship again this time around.

Thanks, Talleyrand
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies