Office of Representative Talleyrand
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:10:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Representative Talleyrand
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Office of Representative Talleyrand  (Read 15288 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »

Thank you for everything you've done for the region Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

2. This list shall be updated each year based on the recommendations of the Atlasian Fish and Wildlife Service.

Section 2

1. The Northeastern Endangered Species Preservation Agency (N.E.S.P.A.) is hereby formed, falling under the jurisdiction of the Northeast Department of the Environment.

2. This agency shall be responsible with tracking the condition of the endangered species of the Northeast region, and shall present a report to the Governor and the Secretary of the Northeast Department of the Environment bi-monthly.

3. This agency shall have the power to set regulations and guidelines to protect endangered species in the Northeast region.

3. $1.5 billion shall be allocated each year in grants by this agency to governmental and non-governmental dedicated for the sole purpose of the conservation of endangered species in the Northeast region. [/quote]

x Talleyrand

I am very happy to sign this bill into law; I hope it means we will tap more of our sizeable surplus in the future.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2014, 07:42:10 PM »

I thank you for your service. It's been a pleasure working with you.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2014, 08:15:11 AM »

x Talleyrand

Some relief from our constant special elections is provided here. In the future, we may still see special elections for the earlier part of an assembly term though, but this law will increase the importance of gubernatorial elections in the Northeast.

To increase the number of competitive elections, I've proposed an amendment that would force gubernatorial elections to coincide with all assembly elections, so we would have two month gubernatorial terms instead. 
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »

x Talleyrand

My reasoning for signing this bill is detailed below.
I am completely in support of this bill. Police departments should not be allowed to take easy pickings off of criminal or civil forfeiture, and it is only fair that the vast majority of those possessions be transferred to the public indirectly via the regional government.

As for giving appropriations to local police departments, I think we've already done enough by enforcing the camera policy on them; it is up to local governments to figure out how to provide for their police departments. The Northeast government's duty is to regulate them, not give them blank checks. Wink
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2014, 02:22:40 PM »

My apologies for my absence over the last two days. I've had a serious family issue going on and was unable to devote my time to Atlasia during this period. I've seen PMs from a number of citizens and plan to respond to them soon.

x Talleyrand

See the debate thread for why I support this bill or ask so here.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2014, 09:27:32 PM »

I can't say I'm sorry to see you go, after you have signed all that deplorable legislation, including the

We Love Incest Act of 2014

I must say I am not holding out any hope that your successor will be any better.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »

x Talleyrand

I was surprised when Representative Dallasfan initially proposed this bill, but it seems as if certain localities in Atlasia continue to have draconian laws regarding adultery. This law will settle for once and for all that consenting adults in our region may have sexual intercourse with one another with no silly laws preventing them from doing so.

I would also like to offer my condolences to the victims of the heinous terrorist attack in Washington D.C., and those abroad in Frankfurt and Kuwait. I will offer the full resources of the Northeast region to assist those impacted by these events and to capture and bring to justice the perpetrators of these acts.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2014, 06:46:56 PM »

State of Emergency

The Northeastern National Guard is hereby deployed throughout the region to quell the extreme unrest troubling our region and to protect citizens from being harmed. I strongly condemn the revolutionary secessionist movement, and believe that they should pursue their goals through democratic means, if at all.

x Talleyrand
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2014, 11:26:09 AM »

x Talleyrand

x Talleyrand

It is my intention that after we quell this rebellion and have all citizens safe again, the Northeast will seek a pathway to a referendum for independence. While I personally oppose this course of action, especially with the tactics that some pro-independence supporters have taken, it's quite clear at this point that many Northeasterners would like to see our region become its own country.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2014, 01:26:54 PM »

State of Emergency

The Northeastern National Guard is hereby deployed throughout the region to quell the extreme unrest troubling our region and to protect citizens from being harmed. I strongly condemn the revolutionary secessionist movement, and believe that they should pursue their goals through democratic means, if at all.

x Talleyrand

The current state of affairs has made it clear that Atlasia has thrown democracy out the window.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »

x Talleyrand

A recent federal bill allowed regions to make laws on the sale of most drugs, and I am happy to legalize them through this bill. My initial intention had been to attach a "sin tax" to it of reasonable proportions, but since we do not have any for cigarettes/tobacco, I think this will be unnecessary for now.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2014, 06:48:44 AM »

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »

x Talleyrand

This definition of marriage is one which does not conflict with regional law and most reflects the views of our region's citizens, in addition to respecting the rights of homosexual, polygamous, or incestuous couples. In addition, it allows ample room for citizens to disagree with the definition set forth, preserving the right of speech and dissent which the Northeast values so much. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2014, 11:37:13 PM »

Hey, if you wanna marry your mother, father, sister, brother go right ahead perv.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »

Hey, if you wanna marry your mother, father, sister, brother go right ahead perv.
So you're saying you agree that it should be legal?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2014, 10:21:58 PM by Lincoln Republican »

So you're saying you agree that it should be legal?

No, however, it seems you and the rest of the pervs in the Governor's office and the Assembly want to marry your mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and that is why you have all voted to make it legal.

What can I say, the Northeast is being run by a group of pervs.  
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:35 PM »

x Talleyrand

x Talleyrand

I am happy to sign these two bills, as they will help continue the march of the Northeast into the 21st century. Innovating in 3-D printing technology and removing bizarre restrictions on personal electronic applications are certainly clear steps toward doing so.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »

Lt. Governor and Representative Opening

With the unfortunate departure of Lt. Governor Matt from the Assembly, we have a vacancy for Lt. Governor and another for Representative.

I've contacted some prospective candidates for both these positions, but if anyone else is interested, please PM me by tonight. Since we do not have much time left in the Assembly term, I plan to make these appointments by tomorrow at latest.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2014, 08:47:38 PM »

x Talleyrand

Dallas has been someone I've had the pleasure of working with extensively over recent months and I know his commitment to the Northeast is second to none. He has been our most active Representative and I am confident he will easily perform the duties of this job.

x Talleyrand

Adam is someone who I trust to be active and has NOT been involved in the treasonous activities which are going on in our region. In addition, he has agreed to fill the remainder of Lt. Governor Matt's term as a caretaker.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »

I appreciate the Governor giving me the opportunity to serve yet another one-week stint in an Atlasian office, and will ensure the gears of government keep on moving.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2014, 09:01:05 PM »

Welcome to the Assembly, Griffin. I for one also welcome the ascendance of Lt. Gov. Dallas.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »

I warmly welcome Dallasfan and Griffin to their new positions - both of them are great friends of mine, and they will do exceptionally well in their new roles.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2014, 09:23:47 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll enjoy being a NE Rep/Caretaker again.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2014, 03:35:12 PM »

x Talleyrand

This law will have to be amended to get rid of the sections regarding Government of Atlasia elections, as our regional government has no authority over federal voting rights. However, I've signed this bill anyway- I plan to remove that section in a bill to be introduced ASAP.

x Talleyrand

This allows for Alcoholics Anonymous to be an alternative course of action that may be taken for alcohol related offenses, although now judges may no longer mandate it as the only one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies