Gun to your head: Do you think Hillary Clinton will run for POTUS in 2016 ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:49:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gun to your head: Do you think Hillary Clinton will run for POTUS in 2016 ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will she ?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Gun to your head: Do you think Hillary Clinton will run for POTUS in 2016 ?  (Read 1581 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »

My opinion:

No.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:00:15 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2014, 09:10:26 AM by A dog on every car, a car in every elevator »

Please take the gun away from my head and then we can have a conversation.

EDIT: Fine. We'll do it your way: obviously running.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »

I said no in back in 2012.

I say yes today.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 09:52:59 AM »

Absolutely. She's far ahead of any other candidate on both sides in terms of structure (already got a PAC that is raking in money and rallying support) and her polling is fantastic. This advantage will lead her to give in to her desire to be President, which has been clear for years.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »

The only thing that can stop her now is............basically nothing.
Of course she's running.
The only question is whether she will announce it before or after Christmas.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »

Yes. She seems to really want the presidency, and 2016 is her last, best chance to win the office.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 10:42:08 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2014, 10:46:20 AM by ShadowOfTheWave »

Yes. I will be beyond disappointed if she doesn't, she's our last hope. If she cares about the party and it's policies as much as she says, she will run. Everyone else would either lose (O'Malley/Biden), or is not a real Democrat (Cuomo).
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »

Yes, she would be the biggest f**king idiot if she didn't and she knows this, I suspect.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:07 PM »

Yes, unless her health fails.
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »

No,  I do not believe she will run.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »

Why, in God's name, do you care?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »

Yep
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »

Yes, thankfully.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »

Firstly, put down the gun! What do you think this is? A Chipotle?

And Yes, of course she will run.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 05:26:16 PM »

I say yes today.

I agree with this mostly.  I thought no until as late as March 2014, but then seeing everything she is doing and everything she is saying, I believe she will run.  That said, I still would not be surprised if she ends up not running.

I am still not sold on her chances if she does run.  I do not think she is a shoo-in for either the nomination and certainly not the general.  The Republicans have a good crop of names being mentioned it sounds like and there are still several other good, if not better, Democrats being talked about.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »

I say yes today.

I agree with this mostly.  I thought no until as late as March 2014, but then seeing everything she is doing and everything she is saying, I believe she will run.  That said, I still would not be surprised if she ends up not running.

I am still not sold on her chances if she does run.  I do not think she is a shoo-in for either the nomination and certainly not the general.  The Republicans have a good crop of names being mentioned it sounds like and there are still several other good, if not better, Democrats being talked about.

Do you seriously consider the names Bush and Paul "good"?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »

Please take the gun away from my head and then we can have a conversation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »

I say yes today.

The name "Bush" is nowhere near as toxic as it was several years ago.  This is because the Obama administration has been such a disaster that the Bush name has been redeemed in a sense.  To be true, the name "Obama" is worse than the name "Bush" right now.  (I voted for Obama twice, and even I think he's been a disaster especially in the second term).

The name "Paul" hasn't had a chance to be tarnished, really.  Ron Paul was a good congressman from Texas and provided a lot of good ideas on the campaign trail.  Rand Paul is doing several good things for the people of Kentucky.  I don't think he'd be that good of a president, but he would be better than the catastrophe we have in the White House now.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »

Can you explain what exactly has been disasterous about Obama's presidency? I'm not exactly a fan, but I recognize he's the best we're going to get out of an American President.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »

I say yes today.

The name "Bush" is nowhere near as toxic as it was several years ago.  This is because the Obama administration has been such a disaster that the Bush name has been redeemed in a sense.  To be true, the name "Obama" is worse than the name "Bush" right now.  (I voted for Obama twice, and even I think he's been a disaster especially in the second term).

The name "Paul" hasn't had a chance to be tarnished, really.  Ron Paul was a good congressman from Texas and provided a lot of good ideas on the campaign trail.  Rand Paul is doing several good things for the people of Kentucky.  I don't think he'd be that good of a president, but he would be better than the catastrophe we have in the White House now.

Even if this is the case, do you really think the name Bush holds more weight than Clinton?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 12:12:11 PM »

Can you explain what exactly has been disasterous about Obama's presidency? I'm not exactly a fan, but I recognize he's the best we're going to get out of an American President.

I think his foreign policy has been terrible.  You don't announce to the world when you're going to bring troops home from Afghanistan, you just do it as secretively as you can, even if your own citizens don't know.  The terrorists can now just wait us out and then set up shop and wreak havoc.  That almost happened in Iraq.  IIRC, when we pulled out of Iraq there was a brief uptick in violence.  I pray the same thing does not happen in Afghanistan.  Second, I still believe there was a cover up over the Benghazi incident that will hurt Hillary Clinton if she were to run.  It may not be as bad now that it was almost two years ago, but it will still come into play.  He also allowed the IRS to unfairly target conservative groups because of their ideology.  He put on a show and acted all mad when he "found out", but he didn't do enough to stop that before it happened.  It also feels like our Christian liberties are crumbling and we're having bites of our liberties taken out little by little.  This country is not as free as it was 10-20 years ago.  Christians aren't as welcomed and encouraged to speak their mind as they used to be.  In fact, anymore, it seems Christians are told to keep their mouths shut and allow the immorality to continue.  We're still nowhere near the persecution level of other countries, but it is still alarming.  Obama hasn't done near enough to free Christian Pastor Saeed who is being held in Iran in captivity just for being a Christian.  He also hasn't done enough to free that Christian wife and now mother in the Sudan who has been sentenced to death just for marrying a Christian husband.  There are reports she will be freed, but he needs to be working tirelessly and feverishly until her and her husband are freed and safely on American or American-friendly soil.  I agree with his decision not to notify Congress about the former POW, Berdahl's, trade off, because he would have been killed if it were to be made public.  I don't like that he had to release 5 of the most notorious terrorists to do so, but he had to bring our soldier home whether or not he is a traitor to his unit.  Obama's been a disaster, but there are a couple redeeming qualities about his administration.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 12:17:06 PM »

I say yes today.

Even if this is the case, do you really think the name Bush holds more weight than Clinton?

Not necessarily more weight, but not any less weight.  I think Jeb Bush has as good of a chance as Hillary Clinton.  His name won't be a hindrance, or not as big of a hindrance as a few of the things plaguing Hillary.  Hillary's health is a big one, because remember, she recently suffered a concussion and she is aging and showing her age.  Also, one thing that I think could very easily keep Hillary from even running is her new grandbaby.  When Chelsea gives birth, Hillary may, wisely, decide that Chelsea and the baby need her more than her country needs her.  Hillary's first priority should be to her family.  I don't think even her most adamant supporters could blame her if she decides to be a grandmother rather than the President of the United States.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »

I say yes today.

Not necessarily more weight, but not any less weight.  I think Jeb Bush has as good of a chance as Hillary Clinton.  His name won't be a hindrance, or not as big of a hindrance as a few of the things plaguing Hillary.  Hillary's health is a big one, because remember, she recently suffered a concussion and she is aging and showing her age.  Also, one thing that I think could very easily keep Hillary from even running is her new grandbaby.  When Chelsea gives birth, Hillary may, wisely, decide that Chelsea and the baby need her more than her country needs her.  Hillary's first priority should be to her family.  I don't think even her most adamant supporters could blame her if she decides to be a grandmother rather than the President of the United States.

I respectfully disagree. I think if you polled people on which Presidency they remember more fondly, Clinton would defeat Bush soundly. I realize Jeb is not George and Hillary is not Bill, but I can't agree that the Bush name holds the same weight as the Clinton name.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 01:01:50 PM »

I say yes today.

I respectfully disagree. I think if you polled people on which Presidency they remember more fondly, Clinton would defeat Bush soundly. I realize Jeb is not George and Hillary is not Bill, but I can't agree that the Bush name holds the same weight as the Clinton name.

I agree that Clinton is largely perceived to have had a better presidency than Bush.  Even I think that. Both men are very popular and have their own individual strengths and weaknesses, so I don't think the weight of the name is affected too much by the fondness of the administration.  Clinton and Bush have been two of the four most popular names in political chit-chat for the past 35 years with Obama and Reagan being the others.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »

No. Too old, declining health, and lots of baggage.
If she does run, she's a paper tiger
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies