Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:52:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton  (Read 4056 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: June 05, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »

I hope Hillary & the DNC destroy this charlatan.

Agreed. If he actually gave a damn about liberalism and not himself he would be kicking Daines' a** in Montana right now.

Yeah, he really left the Dems hanging there. And he wouldn't even endorse Walsh, since his Republican Lt. Governor was challenging him in the primary.

The one thing Schweitzer will have going for him is that the media will give him tons of unwarranted positive publicity due to their hunger for a "horse race". But I doubt it will be enough, he will likely be crushed under Hillary's high heel. But I'm sure he'll be able to sell a lot of books in the process.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:51:14 AM »

http://time.com/2826279/brian-schweitzer-hopeful-hillary-contender/

Only time magazine subscribers can see it, so I'd like to ask for them to quote the article and post it on here send it to me

Good luck finding someone who subscribes to Time. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 02:32:28 AM »

I believe Schweitzer has calculated that he has absolutely no chance with the Democratic Establishment and is basically telling them f**k you.  That may play well with some of the anti-Hillary elements in our party, but those folks are very far from a majority of Democratic voters.  Perhaps he is trying to consolidate them early before someone else can?

Schweitzer's tactics are starting to resemble the sledgehammer approach John Edwards took toward Hillary in 2008.  And it probably contributed to her not getting the nomination.  But Edwards didn't get it either and Clinton is a much stronger candidate now than she was in 2008.

Well, even if if he ends up losing in a landslide, he would still succeed in selling a lot of books. The Gingrich/Cain strategy. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 02:45:17 AM »

IA and NH are probably above average states for Schweitzer (caucus and independents, respectively), so I could see doing quite well there and giving the impression of a horse race. He'd almost certainly get crushed in the big Dem machine states like NY and IL, though.

Actually, Schweitzer's pro-gun views would probably hurt him here. NH Democrats don't like guns here, and Clinton's economic views are left-of-center enough to win over our voters. Plus, the establishment will be coming out of the woodwork for her - Hassan and Shaheen were two of her fiercest backers, and Shea-Porter also gave her endorsement of a Hillary candidacy (and Kuster strikes me as the type to back her too). I just might see Schweitzer winning Iowa, but New Hampshire is Hillary country.

Plus there's the fact that she won it in 2008 against someone much more formidable than Schweitzer.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:14:41 PM »

He'll be in Washington if he became president though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies