Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:25:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton  (Read 4069 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:09 AM »

I hope Hillary & the DNC destroy this charlatan.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2014, 01:54:24 PM by ShadowOfTheWave »

I hope Hillary & the DNC destroy this charlatan.
The question is this: If he is the nominee, will traditional Democratic base voters turn out for him in the polls?

Probably, he could even do a little better with certain sects. Of course, the idea of him playing well with swing voters is fantasy, the man's pompous personality would be a major turnoff. Also fantasy is the 'special appeal' he has, he talks like your typical politician. He pathetically evaded answering for his comments on polygamy in Romney's family in a CNN interview. He won't work in a year like 2016.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 11:37:59 AM »

I believe Schweitzer has calculated that he has absolutely no chance with the Democratic Establishment and is basically telling them f**k you.  That may play well with some of the anti-Hillary elements in our party, but those folks are very far from a majority of Democratic voters.  Perhaps he is trying to consolidate them early before someone else can?

Schweitzer's tactics are starting to resemble the sledgehammer approach John Edwards took toward Hillary in 2008.  And it probably contributed to her not getting the nomination.  But Edwards didn't get it either and Clinton is a much stronger candidate now than she was in 2008.

One can only hope Bernie finds enough of a hole to win.

I agree with him. While I do have faith in Hillary, the Democratic Party needs to return to its populist roots.

If the Democratic party were to go that route, I'd sure like to see Warren lead the way rather than some self serving prick like Schweitzer.

Admittedly I would too, considering all the work she's done. But unfortunately, since she won't run, that point is moot.

Schweitzer is just telling it like it is. Obamacare doesn't do enough to protect the people from rogue insurance companies, we need to teach respect for our Fourth Amendment rights instead of only caring when Republicans are in office, and we need to get off of Wall Street's teat as a party. That's why I support him over Hillary Clinton. He isn't afraid to speak out against the establishment.

Why would he be afraid? Speaking out against the establishment is going to be his trademark.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies