Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:03:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schweitzer: I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton  (Read 4052 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« on: June 07, 2014, 02:13:37 AM »
« edited: June 07, 2014, 02:16:12 AM by Ogre Mage »

I believe Schweitzer has calculated that he has absolutely no chance with the Democratic Establishment and is basically telling them f**k you.  That may play well with some of the anti-Hillary elements in our party, but those folks are very far from a majority of Democratic voters.  Perhaps he is trying to consolidate them early before someone else can?

Schweitzer's tactics are starting to resemble the sledgehammer approach John Edwards took toward Hillary in 2008.  And it probably contributed to her not getting the nomination.  But Edwards didn't get it either and Clinton is a much stronger candidate now than she was in 2008.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:26:41 AM »

I believe Schweitzer has calculated that he has absolutely no chance with the Democratic Establishment and is basically telling them f**k you.  That may play well with some of the anti-Hillary elements in our party, but those folks are very far from a majority of Democratic voters.  Perhaps he is trying to consolidate them early before someone else can?

Schweitzer's tactics are starting to resemble the sledgehammer approach John Edwards took toward Hillary in 2008.  And it probably contributed to her not getting the nomination.  But Edwards didn't get it either and Clinton is a much stronger candidate now than she was in 2008.

One can only hope Bernie finds enough of a hole to win.

I like Sanders but realistically, he would be a weak general election candidate. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies