Texas GOP may endorse 'ex-gay' therapy.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:31:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Texas GOP may endorse 'ex-gay' therapy.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Texas GOP may endorse 'ex-gay' therapy.  (Read 6286 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »

It's also worth noting that the Texas Republican Party has also moved to a full hard-line stance on immigration. And:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »

It's also worth noting that the Texas Republican Party has also moved to a full hard-line stance on immigration. And:

"No state wants to ban contraception, what a silly question" - Willard M. Romney
CountryClassSF

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 11:14:06 PM »

I am sorry but those who are attacking Perry are wrong. I have said that not everyone is "proud" to be gay, and I stand by that statement.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2014, 11:16:41 PM »

Outrageous. Not gonna respond to those hateful comments.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »

I am sorry but those who are attacking Perry are wrong. I have said that not everyone is "proud" to be gay, and I stand by that statement.

Why would you respect a party that completely condemns your 'lifestyle' simply because of one verse in the old testament and thinks its your choice to be gay? Its illogical, you don't have to be proud of being gay or anything, but you should not let who you naturally are be stepped on and fear mongered by false allegations and xenophobia. I feel terribly bad for you because you can't seem accept your own self.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »

Choosing to live your life as a homosexual is a choice. Attraction is not. There's nothing hateful about a simple statement of reality.

If a grown adult chooses to seek religious counseling for their sexuality, this is a pursuit of happiness issue on constitutional grounds.

I appreciate you not saying you hope I suffered like the charming fellow above.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2014, 11:23:31 PM »

Choosing to live your life as a homosexual is a choice. Attraction is not. There's nothing hateful about a simple statement of reality.

If a grown adult chooses to seek religious counseling for their sexuality, this is a pursuit of happiness issue on constitutional grounds.

I hope you suffer cause that is what you constantly tell yourself everyday. What's the difference between you saying it or me saying it?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2014, 11:28:08 PM by CountryClassSF »

You said it based on your antipathy towards me and my position--That's the difference.

Also, it clearly bothers you that all gay people do not think in a collectivist way. I'm not going to shut my mouth anymore, and I don't believe Rick Perry deserves to be smeared by the far-left and RINO pals...
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2014, 11:35:31 PM »

You said it based on your antipathy towards me and my position--That's the difference.

Also, it clearly bothers you that all gay people do not think in a collectivist way. I'm not going to shut my mouth anymore, and I don't believe Rick Perry deserves to be smeared by the far-left and RINO pals...

The day you'll meet Jesus you'll discover to your immense surprise that even he doesn't hate gay People like you do.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2014, 11:46:14 PM »

Do you routinely put words in people's mouths that they don't say?

I don't support the gay agenda. What does that have to do with the person?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2014, 11:48:24 PM »

Well you're free to support your own hate loving agenda then. Does hate really make you feel that great about yourself? Does it feel amazing to hate yourself so strongly?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2014, 11:52:34 PM »

the radical homosexual agenda
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2014, 11:53:35 PM »

From what I know, there is no homosexual lifestyle, in that there is nothing different that a gay person does rather than a heterosexual does other than being with another man or another woman. The only reason people are going to go to conversion therapy for something natural is because of bigotry, bullying, discrimination, etc. This doesn't have to exist if people know the truth and gay's don't hate themselves (*cough*) for who they are. That's my final word.

I will also just say your tea party language is hilarious, calling republicans left-wingers, RINO's, etc.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2014, 11:54:13 PM »

How long did that take?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »

about two minutes
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2014, 12:46:42 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 12:49:37 AM by Ronnie »

Some, it seems, would prefer Texas's GOP return to its old stance on LGBT people: that the "practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society."

Didn't the Texas GOP also condemn teaching critical thinking in schools?

Yeah and I hope you die in your grave being not proud of yourself. You deserve it.

I am as pro-gay rights as can be, but I think George Carlin sums up the whole "pride" thing rather well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OnWnwwxNPA
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2014, 12:48:13 AM »

Best evidence yet of your trollism.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »

Well you're free to support your own hate loving agenda then. Does hate really make you feel that great about yourself? Does it feel amazing to hate yourself so strongly?

You're arguing with a profile that fails the gay version of the Turing Test.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2014, 03:09:34 PM »

I consider this platform a blessing to us gays who did not wish for our sexual orientation. The Texas GOP has given us a voice today. There is FINALLY some hope for real conservatism!

It's funny because one of the ten commandments is "thou shall not bear false witness," yet that's exactly what you do every time you pretend to be gay.  Rather selective reading, no?  Or did God tell you to ignore all the parts that can't be used to rationalize discrimination?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »

I consider this platform a blessing to us gays who did not wish for our sexual orientation. The Texas GOP has given us a voice today. There is FINALLY some hope for real conservatism!

It's funny because one of the ten commandments is "thou shall not bear false witness," yet that's exactly what you do every time you pretend to be gay.  Rather selective reading, no?  Or did God tell you to ignore all the parts that can't be used to rationalize discrimination?

Actually that's what you're doing by insisting I'm "pretending" because I think as an individual rather than allowing Dan Savage to dictate what I believe
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »

Actually that's what you're doing by insisting I'm "pretending" because I think as an individual rather than allowing Dan Savage to dictate what I believe

You expect people to believe you're a homosexual who freely uses terms like "the gay agenda."  Why should we assume that's for anything other than pure shock value?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »

1. Who is Dan Savage?

2. Actually my skepticism stems more from the type of language you've been using.  For example, saying "us gays" rather than "those of us."  It is somewhat like how a person saying "I'm not a racist or anything, but..." is usually a pretty reliable that they're about to say something racist.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »

Dan Savage is a gay sex columnist writer, and is so gay he hates women. He's also the orgin of "Santorm" being a slang word for something nasty, and the founder of It Get's Better.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2014, 09:20:26 PM »

Dan Savage is a gay sex columnist writer, and is so gay he hates women. He's also the orgin of "Santorm" being a slang word for something nasty, and the founder of It Gets Better.
Meursault
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »

Remember how the Victorians errantly attributed male homosexuality to misogyny? Well...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies