Enough with Invincible Hillary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:32:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Enough with Invincible Hillary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Enough with Invincible Hillary  (Read 1662 times)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« on: June 06, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »

While it may be true that her chances of being the next POTUS are less than 50%, she still has better odds than anyone else.  I would say right now, there is about an 85% chance she will be the nominee, and an even 50-50 chance that she will win if nominated.

But why? What are her qualifications besides the two I mentioned? Why is she treated like this political god-among-(wo)men

Just look at the polls.  She is, in fact, unbeatable in Democratic primaries, and polls show her as competitive against her potential Republican opponents.  She is the best hope the Democrats have of keeping the White House.  Why this is the case is a debatable question.

She is "invincible" BECAUSE of the two factors. Do people know of her POLICIES? Do they know of what she wants to actually DO? That's all I'm asking.

Between her very public push for policy and pieces of legislation as First Lady, some time in the US Senate (where she took actual policy positions and cast votes), and a run for President (where again, she took actual policy positions via numerous debates), Hillary Clinton has become the very definition of a known quantity.

I would be very surprised if there is anybody who doesn't know what they'd be getting with a Clinton Presidency.
I don't think anyone knows what we'd be getting with a HRC presidency.

She got to pick and choose her battles as First Lady. As Secretary of State, she avoided domestic disputes.

Her time as Senator is worthless as a way to determine what she really believes because the entirety of it was spent as one of the country's likeliest candidates for national office. Impressing potential swing voters in Florida and Ohio is a priority for her in a way that it isn't for most Senators.

Maybe I'm better putting it this way: after all of the time that she has spent in politics, that there is any confusion about where she stands on most major domestic and foreign policy issues?

Well, Hillary is very pragmatic on most issues, so I wouldn't say that we don't know where she stands, but it seems like she does base her opinions on what would be acceptable to the public instead of forming deeply held views.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies