SENATE BILL: Rapists Shouldn't Have Custody Act of 2014 (Redraft Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:56:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Rapists Shouldn't Have Custody Act of 2014 (Redraft Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Rapists Shouldn't Have Custody Act of 2014 (Redraft Law'd)  (Read 2657 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 06, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »

Not to be an MRA or anything, but I'm offering this teensy amendment (the word "fathered" could lead to some legal loopholes and I'm not sure the first sentence differentiates beween the rapist and the victim):

You must be logged in to read this quote.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »

Should we go for a final vote? I doubt anyone here actually supports giving rapists custody of their children.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »

Aye.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:47:51 AM »

This has enough votes to pass, Senators have 24 hours to change their votes.

Aye

And as Duke alluded to, it's really not difficult, if this is found unconstitutional, to use the nuclear option.

You mean removing all federal funding from a region because they won't do something we legally are not allowed to command them to do?   That should definitely be considered unconstitutional.

Not really because no one is forcing them to take the money.

Ironically, the episode of M.A.S.H where BJ borrows money from Winchester to buy some land and pays for it as Winchester basically try to make him his slave, is on right now.

No, we are just taxing the people of the region, thus lessening the tax base for regional funding for a function, and then withholding the money for that function if they don't do what we tell them in some completely different area. Yeah, not coercive at all.   

Hold on, I'm confused. Do you think rapists should be allowed custody of their children?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies