SENATE BILL: Rapists Shouldn't Have Custody Act of 2014 (Redraft Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:35:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Rapists Shouldn't Have Custody Act of 2014 (Redraft Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Rapists Shouldn't Have Custody Act of 2014 (Redraft Law'd)  (Read 2639 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: June 08, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »

I support this as well. I mean, even if the perpetrator had the potential to technically be a good parent, I don't think he should be allowed to be near that child. It would bring a major psychological trauma to him and specially to the mother.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:51:45 PM »

After reading more and actually paying more attention, Shua is right in us not addressing the constitutional point yet.

On one hand, Article I Section 6.7 states (in the context of the powers of the Senate) that "no Law requiring any action to be taken or to be not taken by a Region shall be passed, except to preserve the rights of the Senate or of the People enumerated under the Constitution. " On the other hand, Article I Section 5.5 states that we can "establish uniform rules of Naturalization and Alienation, Marriage and Divorce, and Adoption and Emancipation of Minors throughout the Republic of Atlasia. ", which would technically allows us to mandate the regions in light of an uniform rule of adoption, and to preserve the rights of the people that appear on the Constitution.

Problem is, the rights in Article VI don't seem to match this case, so I'm at a loss here...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:22:12 PM »

Aye.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:41:12 PM »

Aye FTR.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: