Kanye West vs. Slayer vs. Jawbreaker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:52:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Kanye West vs. Slayer vs. Jawbreaker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Kanye West vs. Slayer vs. Jawbreaker
Kanye West

Slayer

Jawbreaker

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Kanye West vs. Slayer vs. Jawbreaker  (Read 1416 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »

Pretty much everyone I've ever met that "hates hip hop" has actually ended up just being a racist douche. I'm really hoping that's not BRTD.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 07:35:10 PM »

Actually Badger I do recall you being pretty dismissive of entire genres before, basically most -core genres and emoviolence.

Pretty much everyone I've ever met that "hates hip hop" has actually ended up just being a racist douche. I'm really hoping that's not BRTD.

It primarily comes from when that when I was a teenager it was pretty standard for my demographic (middle class white males) to really like hip-hop, when the only stuff I was familiar with was the utter crap that was on MTV. But all sorts of adults assumed that I MUST be a hip-hop fan because of that demographic when I f[inks]ing hated it and found it BORING. Which is still the case.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »

Actually Badger I do recall you being pretty dismissive of entire genres before, basically most -core genres and emoviolence.

Actually, I've only been dismissive of certain poster's self-absorbed obcession withh said genres, and minutely differentiating between the various "cores" as if there is a tremendous differnce between the lot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 07:52:24 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2014, 07:54:39 PM by the blue man group won't cure depression »

Actually, I've only been dismissive of certain poster's self-absorbed obcession withh said genres, and minutely differentiating between the various "cores" as if there is a tremendous differnce between the lot.

But...there is. A HUGE difference.

Just for one example:

Melodic hardcore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZnSPPfevy0
Deathcore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9tj-xH1qU

Yeah those sound almost exactly the same. Roll Eyes

(Oh and for the record due to its similarity to metal, I consider deathcore to be terrible too.)
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 05:56:28 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2014, 05:58:32 AM by rejectamenta »

I think I've said this before, but I love the Bir Tawil situation deathcore finds itself in. Nobody likes it and neither the hardcore or metal scenes want to cop responsibility for it, and for good reason. Although I'd have to say the despicable modern metal scene is more directly related to it than anything else, unfortunately.

Oh and Slayer, obviously
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2020, 07:50:02 AM »

Despite my love of Iron Maiden and Metallica, I could never get into Slayer. Jawbreaker isn't even on the radar. Despite his bling obcession, Kanye's debut is one of the best hip-hop albums ever, so......

"One of the best hip-hop albums ever" is like saying something is the healthiest meal Bushie has eaten all year.

Once again, you are going to create a thread proudly illuminating your one-demensional view of music, where genre identification trumps the actual music.

I'm not arguing hip-hop is per se a superior music form to whatever excrutiatingly specific genre you assign Jawbreaker to, but your relegation of the most revolutionary innovative music form in the last 30 years in entirity to the slag heap is just the worst.
oh Badger I did find that post referenced here. Here it is: https://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/11151/disliking-hiphop-music-intellectual-failing?page=2
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies