Coming Democratic trends in Bunkerville NV and Hailey ID?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:46:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Coming Democratic trends in Bunkerville NV and Hailey ID?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coming Democratic trends in Bunkerville NV and Hailey ID?  (Read 578 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »

Does anyone else think these 2 towns are going to trend sharply to the Democrats after being afflicted by recent news stories? What were their voting patterns like before?
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:24:02 AM »
« Edited: June 10, 2014, 11:02:35 AM by Never »

Is Bunkerville where Cilven Bundy is from? I don't know much about that town, so I'll mainly discuss Hailey.

I suppose they could trend Democrat. If they are small enough towns where people actually know the recent newsmakers who reside there, I suppose we might see some changes.

Hailey could shift. As I see more of the Bergdahl story, it really seems his parents were typical people handling a stressful situation, and if they were well known (and liked) in the community. We are really seeing the townsfolk rally around Sgt. Bergdahl, which might tell us something.

In 2012, Blaine County (where Hailey is) was the only county in Idaho in which Pres. Obama won at least 50% of the vote (He received 58.8%, a very high number for Democrats in the state, and the next highest county percentage for Obama in the state was Latah, where he only won with 49.6% ). If Hillary Clinton runs and wins the presidential election in 2016, she might get at least 60%, and possibly 65%.

EDIT: Apparently, in 2008, President Obama won two-thirds of the vote of the vote in the county where Hailey is. I'm under the impression that a Democrat like Hillary could do better than that on a good night for the Democrats.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »

Bunkerville is where Cliven Bundy and his Tea Party militia took over the whole town and began setting up checkpoints to stop local residents.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:31:35 AM »

Another candidate for this list is Gilberton PA, which is where a Tea Party police chief posted obscene YouTube rants and got his militia supporters to take over the town.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 10:15:02 AM »

I really don't see why Brian Sandoval or even President Obama hasn't called in the National Guard and put an end to this insanity. Yes it would be another Waco and yes there will be casualties, however when you're letting terrorists bully the federal government out of enforcing the law, they're going to keep doing it.

Not only should they first arrest Bundy for contempt of court, but also round up all the militiamen that are left. Any other time you point a gun at a cop, you get killed.

Another thing I'd like to see is Sean Hannity charged as an accessory to murder for every cop these right wing terrorists kill when they do go to round up the cattle. After all, he's the one who egged them on.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies