Coming Democratic trends in Bunkerville NV and Hailey ID? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:04:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Coming Democratic trends in Bunkerville NV and Hailey ID? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coming Democratic trends in Bunkerville NV and Hailey ID?  (Read 581 times)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« on: June 10, 2014, 09:24:02 AM »
« edited: June 10, 2014, 11:02:35 AM by Never »

Is Bunkerville where Cilven Bundy is from? I don't know much about that town, so I'll mainly discuss Hailey.

I suppose they could trend Democrat. If they are small enough towns where people actually know the recent newsmakers who reside there, I suppose we might see some changes.

Hailey could shift. As I see more of the Bergdahl story, it really seems his parents were typical people handling a stressful situation, and if they were well known (and liked) in the community. We are really seeing the townsfolk rally around Sgt. Bergdahl, which might tell us something.

In 2012, Blaine County (where Hailey is) was the only county in Idaho in which Pres. Obama won at least 50% of the vote (He received 58.8%, a very high number for Democrats in the state, and the next highest county percentage for Obama in the state was Latah, where he only won with 49.6% ). If Hillary Clinton runs and wins the presidential election in 2016, she might get at least 60%, and possibly 65%.

EDIT: Apparently, in 2008, President Obama won two-thirds of the vote of the vote in the county where Hailey is. I'm under the impression that a Democrat like Hillary could do better than that on a good night for the Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies