ERIC CANTOR *LOSES* PRIMARY!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:02:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ERIC CANTOR *LOSES* PRIMARY!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: ERIC CANTOR *LOSES* PRIMARY!!!  (Read 12111 times)
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2014, 05:05:49 PM by Chairman Wow »

The American U. PhD. is quite surprising  (I interviewed with staff when considering a program).

American U's econ department is known for its heterodox economics (as well as being a very left leaning program). The core theory courses are designed to poke holes in classic liberal economic thinking.

It is not heterodox in the tea-party friendly economics sort of way: i.e., Austrian. But rather gender economics and "post" Keynesian macro economists.

http://www.american.edu/uploads/docs/WismanCVAugust2013.pdf

Unless the program has radically departed since Brat's day--but I doubt it.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2014, 09:03:51 PM »

Some of these comments make me laugh. Yes, how dare someone run against a Jewish Republican, as if that was the main issue of the campaign.

As a Jew, to me the greater issue is, how dare a Jewish man serve in the Republican leadership in the first place.  The Republicans in Congress are so far from Jewish values that I don't understand how any Jewish person would support them, much less lead their party in the House.

This is grossly offensive, to try and say that someone of a certain religion can not serve in any leadership he damn well pleases.  Shame on you.

I did not say he can't serve on Republican leadership in the House.  I said he's not living up to Jewish values and he's an embarrassment to Jewish people.  I think as Jewish people we have certain responsibilities to make this world a better place, specifically to help poor people, focus on education and practice kindness.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies