Orange is the New Black
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:44:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Orange is the New Black
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Orange is the New Black  (Read 417 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:32:57 PM »

I can't be the only one who binge watched it last year on Netflix and is doing the same again? Smiley
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:24:21 PM »

I watched all of season 1 in one weekend last Winter. So far, I've gotten up to episode 4 on the new season. Brilliant. Easily my favorite show that's currently on.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:29:34 PM »

I haven't started the new season yet--books I'm reading, other things I need to catch up on--but I can't wait to.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »

SPOILER POLICY
Let's all be respectful, and put spoilers that occur after episode 2 (sounds like a safe benchmark) in white text. Starting on July 6, a month after season 2's release, we should feel free to discuss the entire season without putting spoilers in white text.

I finished season 2 last weekend. Going to re-watch it with a slower pace soon though, same as how I watched season 1 and watch House of Cards.

I really loved season 2.

Some thoughts

Loooved Piper's monologue on the plane
YOU KILLED YODA
"I need to know when you were born" oh my godddd
Taystee's story
Biggest disappointment: not enough Sophia.
MORELLO IS CRAZYYYYY. But it wasn't clear to me if she is in prison for stalking or for the mail scam? My guess is the mail scam, since Christopher was able to visit her in prison.
Rosa's story touched me, and I loved the last scene of the season where she took off in the van.
Also, the receptionist at Rosa's cancer clinic, the receptionist who goes out for a smoke break, we went to college together! She hates me, but I still think it's cool someone I know is on the show.
A little surprised Pennsatucky went off to the sidelines after the first few episodes.

I'll post more thoughts to this post as they come to me.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:06:46 AM »

I binged season one a few months ago in college and watched all of season two this past week; suffice it to say, this has quickly become one of my favorite shows.  Glad to see a fan following here. Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »

Great show, but I'm only a couple of episodes into season 2.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »

I'm a big fan as well. I haven't finished season 2, but I'm getting there. It is no spoiler to say that the show touches on issues of race and class better than any other show that I can think of. And it is nice to see the issue of imprisonment get some attention outside of the creepy murderer shows. The reality of prison is very much hidden in America, and that has some potentially unsettling consequences.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »

I'm a big fan as well. I haven't finished season 2, but I'm getting there. It is no spoiler to say that the show touches on issues of race and class better than any other show that I can think of. And it is nice to see the issue of imprisonment get some attention outside of the creepy murderer shows. The reality of prison is very much hidden in America, and that has some potentially unsettling consequences.

The show touches on sexuality, gender, the justice system and everything in between in a non sensationalist way. The second to last episode is probably one of the greatest and episodes of TV ever produced and the finale is a romp.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies