The O'Riley Factor: QUESTIONS RAISED ABOUT LABOR VEEP'S COMPETENCE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:53:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The O'Riley Factor: QUESTIONS RAISED ABOUT LABOR VEEP'S COMPETENCE
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The O'Riley Factor: QUESTIONS RAISED ABOUT LABOR VEEP'S COMPETENCE  (Read 362 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »
« edited: June 11, 2014, 08:10:40 PM by Governor Riley Keaton »

In wake of ruling, questions bubble up..

Is He Ready?

In the wake of the Supreme Court's stinging opinion on Labor VP Nominee's flagship legislative initiative, people are asking a very simple question. Is Windjammer up to the job of being Vice President?

One major concern the court had was the bill's unclear, over-legalized language that clouded the purpose of the law. As President of the Senate, the Vice President is critical to guaranteeing that legislation is high-quality. Can Windjammer do that with the invalidation of his signature law?

We are facing a raging healthcare debate. Our current healthcare system has devastated our healthcare system. The devastation is not only a result of bad policy, it's the result of bad politicians. People got too caught up in the legalese of the bill, not unlike Windjammer's failed assault on free speech, and that resulted in a bill that forced hospital closures all over the country.

This country won't survive another faux-lawyer, another legalizer-in-chief that writes ineffective, unconstitutional legislation bogged down in vocabulary. This country won't survive Windjammer.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »

It's Systemic!

With the coverage this court ruling has generated, you would have thought this was an outlier. However, one look at the Governor's record of writing and you'll know that it's a systemic issue. The problem was not isolated to the assault on free speech.

Our healthcare system was ruined by flowery language that no one understands. We can't correct the country's course if we have an incoherent, faux lawyer as Senate President.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:59:23 AM »

your xenophobic attacks will backfire, mr keaton. you can be sure of that.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:10:36 AM »

It's a good thing Windjammer's only job will be performing some administrative tasks in the Senate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 09:12:01 AM »

As you probably know, the MW LGBT was struck down by the Supreme Court. So I guess I have to explain some things. I thank the Associate Justice for having let me defend this bill by the way.

Firstly, the goal of this bill. I received some PM by some people saying they couldn't vote for someone who wanted to "transform the gay community into a superior class". Let me be clear. The goal of this bill was made to forbide the firing based on sexual orientation motive. Something, I believe, most of Atlasia agree. Who believe someone should be fired based on their sexual orientation? That's what the motive of this bill, nothing extreme as you can see. The problem was the writing of this bill, and I'm sorry for that.

Now the second point, I read some comments, saying that I was against the right of free speech. I think I need to explain a bit my views on the right of free speech. Firstly, even if some people say the contrary, I support the right of free speech. I'm obviously pro-democracy (normal). However, I don't support the use of free speech to allow some disgusting comments. By saying that, I'm obviously referring to this case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snyder_v._Phelps. That's my point of view. You may disagree, but if you truly want to defend the right of people to disturb funerals because they're anti-gay, in name of free speech, that's your choice. Oh and, this is my view, I don't know the Labor thinks about that, so accusations on the Labor Party because of my views on free speech are definitely pointless.

Then, I received attacks from Riley Keaton. Firstly, I just want to say I don't understand why you're so hostile to me. I mean, one of the few bills (or the only bill, I'm not sure)  you wrote, failed to pass the Mideast Assembly, mostly because it was poorly written (https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=190391.0). So I thought that you can understand that mistakes can happen, that this is difficult to write bills,etc, because you had this experience. But that's all, you do whatever to want. And don't worry, since I don't have a problem with agressivity, I won't start creating thread because you were unable to pass this bill, because it was poorly written Wink.

But, you're accusing me of being a poor legislator. Well, during my long time as MW representative, then as MW Archduke, and now as MW Governor, I wrote, sponsored (and signed) a lot of bills. So this is unfair to me judging my entire career on only the MW LGBT bill, bill I didn't even write (but assumed sponsorship and signed though, so I totally assume the mistake).

But that's fine, you have the right to believe that my career has been totally terrible, I disagree because I believe this is unfair to me, to judge me on only one bill, but that's your right.

However, I would like to remind all of you that the Vice-President isn't a legislator. He's the president of the senate. His duty is to break the tie, and to be the speaker of the senate. His duty isn't to write bill, amendments or anything. So I don't see how the fact that the MW LGBT was struck down could say I would be a weak VP, I would have understood if I were running for a senate seat, but that's not the case, I'm running for VP, who breaks the tie and is the speaker of the senate, not a senator.

And then RileyKeaton, you accused the Labor Party of being the origin of the problems of the current health care system. This is funny you say that because you weren't able yourself to reform the current Mideast health care, but that's not true. Fritzcare passed 8-1, this is a compromise between the federalist party, the labor party, the People's Party and former parties like the Liberal Party. Here is the link of this law: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Fritzcare

Oh and I forget, I will soon visit Berlin for few days. But don't worry, I will be back before the elections! So please Riley Keaton, don't open other threads saying I would be unable to be VP because I would be in Berlin, or that I'm a german spy or I don't know. Tongue

Well, if you have any questions, feel free to ask Smiley.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies