How is the Republican Party different from the Constitution Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:08:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How is the Republican Party different from the Constitution Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How is the Republican Party different from the Constitution Party?  (Read 1951 times)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 13, 2014, 04:00:18 AM »

After reading the Constitution Party pillars (and some of the other things on their website), I'd say there's some overlap between conservative/libertarian Republicans and the Constitution Party, but the Republican Party covers a lot more ideological ground. The Constitution Party seems more isolationist (e.g they oppose UN and NATO membership, and oppose the war on terror), more in favor of states' rights (e.g. they advocate nullification), and more libertarian (e.g. they want to repeal the Patriot Act). They also apparently favor a moratorium on all immigration to the US, and the elimination of Social Security (and, I'm guessing, Medicare), which is well beyond what almost any Republican politician would advocate.

I imagine that pro-choice and "pro-" same sex marriage politicians wouldn't be able to win a Constitution Party primary for a major office, unlike e.g. Sandoval or Portman (granted, Portman hasn't won since he came out in favor of legalizing same sex marriage).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies