No one has the guts to let poor people wither and die
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:48:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  No one has the guts to let poor people wither and die
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No one has the guts to let poor people wither and die  (Read 1430 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

Except for John Johnson, a brave Republican candidate in Indiana!

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/porter/28000445-418/gop-house-candidate-defends-facebook-comment-about-poor.html#.U5hc5Y1dVuD

Krazen, did you move to Indiana and not tell us about it? Purple heart
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »

I'm pretty sure the GOP is doing just that by rejecting Medicaid expansion.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 05:16:23 PM »

Wanting to let people wither and die is disgusting, but I do agree that there are entire generations of people growing up not even knowing what it means to work. It happens to the children of parents who are on welfare and have given up, but it happens just as often to kids born with a silver spoon in their mouths who will never have to work for anything.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »

Wanting to let people wither and die is disgusting, but I do agree that there are entire generations of people growing up not even knowing what it means to work. It happens to the children of parents who are on welfare and have given up, but it happens just as often to kids born with a silver spoon in their mouths who will never have to work for anything.

It doesn't happen "just as often" to rich kids; it only happens to rich kids.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »

It doesn't happen "just as often" to rich kids; it only happens to rich kids.
Of course, the money that supports spoiled rich heirs exists already and is not being taken out of the public treasury. I'm not anti-welfare in any way, but I think that's a huge stretch to call spoiled rich heirs/heiress's more parasitic than actual welfare fraudsters, who literally are .00001% of welfare recipients.

AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2014, 05:39:14 PM by AggregateDemand »

I'm pretty sure the GOP is doing just that by rejecting Medicaid expansion.

Medicaid expansion costs more than the subsidy in some cases, and DC has strings attached. States don't reject free money unless DC makes the money undesirable. Furthermore, insurance doesn't make people healthy. Healthcare providers are a bigger issue than insurance for some states.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »

There's a big misconception about what being on welfare entitles you to in the United States.  Welfare reform already happened many years ago. 

If anybody could get housing, food, and medical care without having do anything, there wouldn't be all these homeless people in this country.  Welfare is difficult to get and doesn't give you very much once you get it and it's not something you enjoy and queen up on.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 05:45:09 PM »

Is this problematic?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »

How many of these generations of people have you met in person?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 07:03:58 PM »

Wow, Thomas Jefferson apparently does more than post on this forum.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 08:53:45 PM »

How many of these generations of people have you met in person?

Rich kids who don't work because they don't understand what it means to do so? Tons. Poor kids who are the same? Just as many. But if I get into specific anecdotes I'll just be accused of Naso-ism.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 09:07:48 PM »

There's a big misconception about what being on welfare entitles you to in the United States.  Welfare reform already happened many years ago. 

If anybody could get housing, food, and medical care without having do anything, there wouldn't be all these homeless people in this country.  Welfare is difficult to get and doesn't give you very much once you get it and it's not something you enjoy and queen up on.

Meh. Welfare "reform" in the 1990s was more of a neocon fantasy to cut the welfare roll sheet in half, and give more control to the states. The actual nuts and bolts of the federal regulations, particularly the disincentives for unskilled people to find work, are still quite strong.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »

That's the kind of talk that will really endear him to the base. I see a future CPAC speaker!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »

So why are they so opposed to just aborting the poors while they're still embryos and fetuses and avoiding this whole issue?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »

So why are they so opposed to just aborting the poors while they're still embryos and fetuses and avoiding this whole issue?

Because that's... immoral? You can't just kill the poor.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 02:44:15 PM »

Because that's... immoral? You can't just kill the poor.

The key is to let them kill themselves.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies