Who will win in 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:23:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Who will win in 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Who will win in 2008?  (Read 39394 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2004, 06:54:34 PM »

I don't think either will be running in 2008.  Rudy will just be getting used to the perks of his new senate seat while Hillary is sulking in her forced retirement.

If Hillary does manage to survive reelection to the Senate, I would love to see a Hillary Clinton vs. Condoleeza Rice campaign.  Would that not be an entertaining race.  I think Condi would win a landslide.

No landslide.  Turnout in the south would be SUPERLOW unless a Roy Moore emerged, then we would be looking at no electoral majority.

That's why she'd have to put a good old boy on the ticket.  Roy Moore would help.  Jeb Bush would be a good VP pick.  Chambliss would be another good pick.

But I think you underestimate southern voters when you say turnout would be really low.  There would be some who wouldn't be that excited at the prospect of a Rice presidency, but they might be motivated to go out and vote against Hillary Clinton.  Don't underestimate the level of animosity that a lot of Americans have for that woman.
Rococo4

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2004, 11:06:09 PM »

I don't think either will be running in 2008.  Rudy will just be getting used to the perks of his new senate seat while Hillary is sulking in her forced retirement.

If Hillary does manage to survive reelection to the Senate, I would love to see a Hillary Clinton vs. Condoleeza Rice campaign.  Would that not be an entertaining race.  I think Condi would win a landslide.

No landslide.  Turnout in the south would be SUPERLOW unless a Roy Moore emerged, then we would be looking at no electoral majority.

That's why she'd have to put a good old boy on the ticket.  Roy Moore would help.  Jeb Bush would be a good VP pick.  Chambliss would be another good pick.

But I think you underestimate southern voters when you say turnout would be really low.  There would be some who wouldn't be that excited at the prospect of a Rice presidency, but they might be motivated to go out and vote against Hillary Clinton.  Don't underestimate the level of animosity that a lot of Americans have for that woman.

That is true.....there would be just as much turnout against her as there would be for her, if not more.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2004, 06:23:12 PM »

If Bush wins in 2004, Edwards wins in a landslide in 2008.  

Kerry wins in 2004, he gets re-elected in 2008 with Edwards as his VP, Edwards goes on to win in 2012.  

Either way, John Edwards will be President someday.  
Rococo4

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2004, 01:06:46 AM »

Edwards wont be President. He couldnt even beat a lackluster Kerry this time around....assuming he is not VP, what is he going to do to make himself a viable candiate in 08 and stay in the limelight?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2004, 06:57:14 PM »

Edwards wont be President. He couldnt even beat a lackluster Kerry this time around....assuming he is not VP, what is he going to do to make himself a viable candiate in 08 and stay in the limelight?

People voted solely on front-runner status this time around.  By the time Edwards made his move in Iowa, Dean and Kerry already had a good 75% of the support in NH.  The NH results downplayed how well Edwards did in Iowa.  Everyone though, "oh, Kerry got NH and IA, he just HAS to be the winner!"  So they all voted Kerry.  

Ask ANY Republican on this board.  Who would you rather go up against?  Kerry or Edwards?  
Rococo4

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2004, 11:31:33 PM »

I would rather go up against Kerry, but still how is Edwards going to remain a viable national figure if he is out of politics

papabeargary

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2004, 04:15:17 PM »

I'd say Kerry for a second term.  I don't think Hillary would win that soon.  Given how much she's been vilified by the right, she would need to have a much longer tenure in the Senate.  Maybe in ten years of so.  She'd make an awesome president though.
howardpearlman
Rookie

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2004, 07:41:35 PM »

Kerry will be re-electede in 2008
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2004, 08:24:35 AM »

Turnout in the south would be 20%.  Only women would vote.

Hillary would probably win FL, LA, and AR, will Bill's help.

If a Roy Moore-type ran he could take AL, MS, GA, SC, etc.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2004, 08:13:38 AM »

Mayor Rudolph Giuiliani (R-NY)

VS

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

O. That would be so nice. It would be a win-win situation for me. I think I would vote 3rd party because I wouldn't want to cast a vote against any of these 2.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2004, 09:45:51 AM »

I am sure many men would vote Giuliani, GOP's Giuliani. In a somewhat close race:

Giuliani- 302
Clinton- 236
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2004, 01:38:06 AM »

If Edwards was to jump back into the NC Senate race now (which he won't), he'd win a landslide...

If he was so confident he was going to win, maybe he would have come back to the race.  I suspect he is not so confident.

Probably because he has bigger & better things in mind.  VP
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2004, 01:44:22 AM »

I'd say Kerry for a second term.  I don't think Hillary would win that soon.  Given how much she's been vilified by the right, she would need to have a much longer tenure in the Senate.  Maybe in ten years of so.  She'd make an awesome president though.

Kerry/Edwards ticket will win in 04 & in 08.  I think Edwards then will be the frontrunner for Pres in 12.   Unless Guliani is the Republican running against hilary in 06, she gets re-elected to a 2nd term (her approval is in the 60's now) and possibly she will be a Candidate inn the Primary with Edwards, possibly becoming Edwards's VP in 12.   Kerry loses this year, I see Edwards leading the Dems in 08, wither possibility of Clinton as the VP
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2004, 07:15:23 AM »

Hillary won't be VP in 2012.  She would be 65
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2004, 09:03:45 AM »

Giuliani (R) - 269
Clinton (D) - 231
Moore (I) - 38

Election to house, Giuliani wins.

I'm horrible at these things btw, this is just an out-of-the-blue guess.
struct310
Rookie

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2004, 02:09:49 AM »

Elizabeth Dole is who I'm going to support in 2008 provided that Senator Kyl does not run.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2004, 09:11:32 PM »

You've gotta think a Governor will get the nod. Bill Owens has been groomed but isn't a sure thing. Maybe not though... a few solid candidates in the Senate. Frist wants it, Hagel probably does, Allen definitely does.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2004, 12:26:34 PM »

You've gotta think a Governor will get the nod. Bill Owens has been groomed but isn't a sure thing. Maybe not though... a few solid candidates in the Senate. Frist wants it, Hagel probably does, Allen definitely does.

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about Hagel, he may have to wait until 2012. Definitely a President in the making, though. Frist looks more like a running-mate to me; I can envisage a Giuliani/Frist ticket for 2008. But of course there's the question over whether mainstream Republicans would accept a pro-choicer like Rudy as their candidate.
gorkay

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2004, 07:25:43 PM »

Put it this way... if we were taking a poll in 1972, how many people would have said that Jimmy Carter would be elected in 1976?
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2004, 03:48:28 PM »

Neither will be nominated.
Ronald Reagan
Spl2
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2004, 09:33:50 PM »

Could 2008 look like a NY Governor Race?
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2004, 12:04:40 AM »

i don't think either would be good candidates.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2004, 12:15:30 AM »

We democrats won't take Hillary. She lacks Bill's ability to deal with a crowd, and is stiff and shrill when speaking. John Edwards or Howard Dean will get the nod, I'll bet if Kerry loses.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »

No mention of Obama or McCain apparently.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »

No mention of Obama or McCain apparently.

We did get this nice bit, though.

Put it this way... if we were taking a poll in 1972, how many people would have said that Jimmy Carter would be elected in 1976?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies