IRS skepticism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:35:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  IRS skepticism
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IRS skepticism  (Read 688 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2014, 03:40:23 PM »

Am I the only one who does not, for one second, buy the story about the IRS "losing" classified emails from Lois Lerner?

I'm not saying that there IS a scandal, or that this should be an issue (I don't know enough about the situation to pass judgement either way). But still. We're living in the 21st century -- incredibly advanced computer systems, NSA metadata on millions of people, an agency handling highly classified information -- am I really expected to believe that the IRS just "lost the emails?

This is reminiscent of Ollie North's paper-shredded documents.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 03:46:18 PM »

Reminds me of this:
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »

Obama good!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »

Republican officeholder=automatic HP.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »

Exactly, with these people.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »

The IRS isn't trustworthy, even for for a government entity. In this day and age, the government shouldn't just "lose" emails.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »

The IRS isn't trustworthy, even for for a government entity. In this day and age, the government shouldn't just "lose" emails.

Given how creaky the IRS has been with its efforts to computerize, I doubt the IRS is in this day and age.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »

Given how creaky the IRS has been with its efforts to computerize, I doubt the IRS is in this day and age.

Yeah, the OP lost me when he used the phrase "advanced computer systems" in conjunction with the IRS. It's hardly the first place to get a big computer update budget, especially given Republican efforts to starve the agency and privatize functions throughout the last decade.

It's highly believable that the IRS could lose emails. It's even more believable that the agency doesn't have the IT department resources to recover them once they're lost.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 08:48:33 PM »

It would be funny if real America used the Lerner line, and, uh, lost tax records due to a computer crash.
Meursault
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »

The sort of disgruntled Forgotten Manism on display in this thread smells of curdled milk.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 08:54:28 PM »

The parasitic IRS has been spending its money engaging in debauchery in Vegas.

And check out their standards!

All federal employees and federal contractors are required by law to preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency. Records must be properly stored and preserved, available for retrieval and subject to appropriate approved disposition schedules.

If you create or receive email messages during the course of your daily work, you are responsible for ensuring that you manage them properly. The Treasury Department’s current email policy requires emails and attachments that meet the definition of a federal record be added to the organization’s files by printing them (including the essential transmission data) and filing them with related paper records.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »

I don't buy this any more than I buy the missing 18 1/2 minutes of the Nixon tapes as being "accidental".
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »

Am I the only one who does not, for one second, buy the story about the IRS "losing" classified emails from Lois Lerner?

Link

After informing Congress on Friday that it can't find two years of email from former Director of Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner, House Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp revealed Tuesday that the IRS can't produce records for six more employees whose hard drives also supposedly failed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies