What was or would have been your draft number?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:37:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What was or would have been your draft number?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What was or would have been your draft number?  (Read 1761 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »

275 - I would have been safe
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »

216. Cheesy
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 10:02:10 PM »

150. They wouldn't have taken me though. I'm over 300lbs, have high blood pressure, and a diagnosed history of depression and anxiety.
And if any of those don't keep you out, you could always try litering. It kept Arlo Guthrie from going to Vietnam. And if that doesn't work...well, try kissing the Sargent Tongue.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 11:54:38 PM »

042. I would have gone to prison over Vietnam, though.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 07:41:38 AM »

Is this good? Draft numbers genuinely confuse me.

*never mind, I wouldn't have been drafted. I think.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 02:34:42 PM »

140.  Looks like I would've been drafted.  Sad  But I'd still go.  Freedom isn't free, after all.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »

H*ll no, we won't go!
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »

I would have been undoubtedly drafted. Sad
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 10:22:36 PM »

319 Cool
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »

140.  Looks like I would've been drafted.  Sad  But I'd still go.  Freedom isn't free, after all.

Indeed. And nothing buys freedom more than carpet bombing an entire country over seas and killing thousands of civilians in a war against a country that never attacked us and protecting a regime from the majority of its own citizens who don't like it.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2014, 12:25:58 PM »

Indeed. And nothing buys freedom more than carpet bombing an entire country over seas and killing thousands of civilians in a war against a country that never attacked us and protecting a regime from the majority of its own citizens who don't like it.
No, nothing buys freedom more than protecting America from communist dictatorships.  In hindsight, the Vietnam war was probably a mistake, and the communist takeover didn't create a domino effect, but we didn't know that at the time.  Most of the hippies and anti-war activists came of age after WWII anyway, so they didn't understand or appreciate the sacrifices their parents to stop Nazi fascism and Japanese imperialism.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2014, 12:32:14 PM »

No, nothing buys freedom more than protecting America from communist dictatorships.  In hindsight, the Vietnam war was probably a mistake, and the communist takeover didn't create a domino effect, but we didn't know that at the time.  Most of the hippies and anti-war activists came of age after WWII anyway, so they didn't understand or appreciate the sacrifices their parents to stop Nazi fascism and Japanese imperialism.
What is this?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »

Do you seriously believe every piece of patriotic garbage you read?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »

273, but I was already safe for medical reasons.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2014, 02:30:13 PM »

Do you seriously believe every piece of patriotic garbage you read?
Forget it, TNF, it's Oldiesfreak.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2014, 03:39:50 PM »

150. They wouldn't have taken me though. I'm over 300lbs, have high blood pressure, and a diagnosed history of depression and anxiety.

dont be so sure.  standards fall when demand is high.

my number would have been 311.  same as bill clinton. 
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »

Even though most of those anti-war activists had fathers who served in WWII?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2014, 06:12:38 PM »

#44.  At that point in the war, I would not have been able to defer the draft due to graduate school, unfortunately.  My brother would have been #12!  However, as he's working as an international policy analyst for the government, he may have been able to get an exemption.  My dad was actually in this draft in his first year of eligibility, but he was #276, and probably would have gotten a 1-S (C) or 2-S exemption anyway.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2014, 07:26:29 PM »

13 Sad
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2014, 11:51:59 PM »

83, looks like I would have gone off to war Sad. Wouldn't try to dodge though.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2014, 03:10:28 AM »

No, nothing buys freedom more than protecting America from communist dictatorships. 

America didn't need to be protected from Vietnam.

Vietnam needed to be protected from America though.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »

165 ;_;

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »

Yep, I would have been drafted.  Although given my upbringing and that of my family, I likely would have volunteered before then. Catholic parochial schools were pretty overtly patriotic and college simply wasn't an option for most. Career paths followed into things like police, fire, building trades- the military was first step on that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2014, 06:46:12 PM by Badger »

140.  Looks like I would've been drafted.  Sad  But I'd still go.  Freedom isn't free, after all.

No, nothing buys freedom more than protecting America from communist dictatorships.  In hindsight, the Vietnam war was probably a mistake, and the communist takeover didn't create a domino effect, but we didn't know that at the time.  Most of the hippies and anti-war activists came of age after WWII anyway, so they didn't understand or appreciate the sacrifices their parents to stop Nazi fascism and Japanese imperialism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_McGovern#Military_service

Not that I would've voted for the guy (unless I'd known about Watergate), but in all fairness....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies