The Ebola Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Ebola Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: The Ebola Thread  (Read 25894 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2014, 01:46:30 AM »

Make jokes. I care more about the well being of my fellow Americans than the travel of foreigners.

This was not a joke. It was a serious advice to remain vigilant.

Because someone might knock on your door and bring you:

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2014, 07:29:54 AM »

Now this is a joke:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2014, 07:38:45 AM »

I understand your lack of intelligence especially being from a region of the world whose borders have been spliced and diced more in the last 100 years than a pizza at an Italian pizzeria

If you were just trying to prove your own intelligence, then you should probably keep trying. Maybe one day you'll get there.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2014, 08:22:27 AM »

Yes I did, but as far as U.S. security goes, we have to assure we're safe before the others. We're the policeman of the world and have been since 1945. If the policemen are vulnerable, everyone is even moreso.

True. You must send the LAPD to Liberia and the NYPD to Sierra Leone immediately. They'll catch the virus and then they'll read the mean Ebola its rights. What are you waiting for? Go, policemen of the world!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »

Yes I did, but as far as U.S. security goes, we have to assure we're safe before the others. We're the policeman of the world and have been since 1945. If the policemen are vulnerable, everyone is even moreso.

True. You must send the LAPD to Liberia and the NYPD to Sierra Leone immediately. They'll catch the virus and then they'll read the mean Ebola its rights. What are you waiting for? Go, policemen of the world!

Breaking news: Ebola has been released from police custody after Officer Michael Anthony Naso forgot to read the Miranda rights to it. More at 10.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »

This is just awful. As far as America is concerned, like I said over a month ago, all flights to and from any African nation should cease immediately.

We already had an infection in the U.S. from a person who came over from an infected nation. It must end now. No more risks.

Remember, we're the same country that locked up Japanese-Americans "just to make sure". If that was thin, I'm pretty sure stopping flights to a from nations with a deadly disease is a pretty reasonable idea.

You realize that he came on a flight from Belgium, right?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »

This is just awful. As far as America is concerned, like I said over a month ago, all flights to and from any African nation should cease immediately.

We already had an infection in the U.S. from a person who came over from an infected nation. It must end now. No more risks.

Remember, we're the same country that locked up Japanese-Americans "just to make sure". If that was thin, I'm pretty sure stopping flights to a from nations with a deadly disease is a pretty reasonable idea.

Are you sure Belgium is not just another name for Burundi?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2014, 04:18:51 PM »

Are you sure Belgium is not just another name for Burundi?

I'm pretty sure Naso has heard of neither.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2014, 02:45:26 PM by politicus »

The Danish pharmaceutical company Bavarian Nordic has made an agreement with American Janssen Biotech about development of an Ebola vaccine. Animal tests has shown that their MVA-BN vaccine combined with Janssen's Advaxc gives a 100% protection against Ebola, and both companies are therefore eager to test a combo vaccine on humans. BN stocks up 21% on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange after the news.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »

The growth rate of the official count has slowed dramatically since September and exponential growth, at least in Liberia has come to an end for now. As a result, there were fewer than 10,000 cases on October 20, instead of the over 13,000 in my projection. As a result, I am revising my model from exponential to linear.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »

The growth rate of the official count has slowed dramatically since September and exponential growth, at least in Liberia has come to an end for now. As a result, there were fewer than 10,000 cases on October 20, instead of the over 13,000 in my projection. As a result, I am revising my model from exponential to linear.

You're aware that reporting in Liberia has broken down, yes?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2014, 08:42:40 PM »

Just so you all know, with the hysterical and uninformed (this is not news) input from Naso et al... this thread is officially a greater threat to humanity than Ebola.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies