The Ebola Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:30:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Ebola Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Ebola Thread  (Read 26020 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

Holy sh*t, a woman in Charlotte, NC has contracted it. 'Hoping she ends up ok.

She is from Charlottle, not in Charlotte.  She is in Liberia where she has been helping out with a medical aid mission.  By all appearances, she is a woman who should end up at the right hand of Christ, though hopefully not soon.

My heart skipped a beat. But yeah, Charlotte is the headquarters of Samaritan's Purse, the organization the Ft. Worth doctor who contracted it is from. Dr. Kent Brantly is only 33 years old; with a wife and kids in Texas. Last I checked his blogspots from 2009 were still up. God bless him. You can donate directly to the organization's West African ebola response here. I donated $50.

Nancy Writebol worked in the decontamination unit, basically she was one of those who you see helping the doctors suit up and take off their suits afterwards. The fact that she was infected, and doctors are infected, shows that there are multiple failures in the current operational procedures which must be corrected. For a supposedly "hard to catch" disease it certainly is hard to defend against. Which is going to be an issue going forward because, BSL-4 is not replicable on the ground.

Headquarters are actually in Boone. (pedant)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »

The only qualm I have with Samaritan's Purse is that they are noted for their strong support of socon-itude.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies