Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:44:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 86010 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2014, 02:33:06 PM »

Again sorry guys, I need to take LOA... I'm having laptop issues and I can't post for awhile...

Well, you know what your father is going to think you are doing when you miss your responsibilities. Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »

Again sorry guys, I need to take LOA... I'm having laptop issues and I can't post for awhile...

Well, you know what your father is going to think you are doing when you miss your responsibilities. Tongue

How long of an LOA?  Is someone filling in?  Is the GM handling the character until Dr. Cynic's return?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »

How long of an LOA?  Is someone filling in?  Is the GM handling the character until Dr. Cynic's return?

So far I'm assuming he will be gone for at least the next turn, but I don't see a need to replace him yet, I'll handle Tyrion in the meantime!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »

If we are talking of LOA's here, I'm on holiday from Tuesday for about 9-10 days. So I guess one of my allies has to take over Dorne that time, I'm thinking of Averroes? Would you take over Dorne for that time?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »

I still have to see if we will have further moves for the next three hours, but I'm really exited about the military results! The War of the Five Kings pales in comparison to this, and we may even have players dying, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »

Oh, yes, I forgot about this:

A proclaim from the Iron Throne:

In the name of King Joffrey of Houses Baratheon and Lannister, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm, the Kingdom of the North and the Riverlands is hereby recognized as independent from the Iron Throne, and Robb Stark's is hereby recognized as King in the North as well. This proclaim shall not be used in any way to justify help from the Iron Throne to the Kingdom of the North against foreign invaders.

Tyrion Lannister, Acting Hand of the King.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2014, 05:16:11 PM »

Huh
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2014, 05:19:14 PM »

Reaction to the Baratheon-Baratheon-Tyrell axis through uniting the Starks, Tullys, Lannisters and Arryns?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »

Reaction to the Baratheon-Baratheon-Tyrell axis through uniting the Starks, Tullys, Lannisters and Arryns?

Considering they started the war and loathe each other I remain unsure about how much they can be "united" Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2014, 06:04:29 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2014, 06:11:17 PM by Antonio V »

I, Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North, welcome King Joffrey's recognition of our country's hard-fought independence. Surely the Lannisters must desperately crave for powerful allies to save them from impending doom. But they fool themselves if they believe Northmen will ever lift a finger to save the man who killed their beloved Lord Eddard Stark.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »

Considering they started the war and loathe each other I remain unsure about how much they can be "united" Wink

Attempting to unite, then Tongue The Lannisters need allies to survive, so they're trying all options.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »

I believe I have all I need for this turn, time to roll the dice!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »

Bigger fool you if you think King Joffrey or my House would ever ask your barbaric people for help.  The day we need the help of your ilk is the day Stannis Baratheon admits that his wife's bastard was fathered by his court fool.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »

Military Update:

The March of the Vale Lords:

As the months passed it seemed Lysa Arryn would continue to reside in the Vale while forbidding his knights to march South, but Lady Arryn finally decided the time was ripe for the Vale to intervene in the War of the Five Kings. Preparing herself for winter, Lady Arryn left the Eyrie for the Gates of the Moon with her Court and protected Lord Baelish by making him Lord Steward of the Vale, rewarding Nestor Royce’s service with the Lordship of the Gates of the Moon. Lysa called the banners, and the Lords answered immediately (as they were prepared to leave), bringing more than 20,000 men at the Bloody Gate. Lady Lysa kept Ser Donnel Waynwood and 2,000 men, and send more than 18,000 men under Yohn Royce and Lyn Corbrary to leave the Vale and enter the war. Avoiding battle with any other army and putting extra men to guard the rear against the Mountain Clans, Lord Royce got as far as Darry, hanging dozens of criminals and remnants of the Brave Companions, while being cheered by the Riverlander smallfolk. So far they haven’t struck any of the Five Kings, but all Lords in Westeros are nervous wondering, who are the Knights of the Vale backing?

The Battle of Crakehall:

Sensing weakness in the Tyrell’s weakened forces at Crakehall, Ser Daven Lannister prepared to raise whatever men were left in the Westerlands, not even sparing the Lannisport City Watch. The quickly assembled 5,000 were put under the command of Damion Lannister and sent to Casterly to hold the line against the Greyjoys and the Starks while Daven took his veterans to seize Crakehall and kill Garlan Tyrell. Following an encirclement tactic, Ser Daven tried to close the retreat for Garlan and take full advantage of his superiority in numbers. Sadly, as the battle grew more and more fierce Ser Daven realized the Tyrells were pouring more and more men out of the castle. Lord Mace had realized the danger and had called the banners of the North of the Reach, including the Oakhearts, who had reinforced Garlan with more than ten thousand men. Daven had lost his superiority and his forces were dispersed over the battlefield, but he wasn’t willing to lose the battle, pushing forward with everything he had and knowing that the Tyrell forces lacked experience. In the end, Daven was unable to take Crakehall, and took heavy casualties, but he made Garlan suffer and he was able to withdraw to Lannisport in good order. Both commanders then received terrible news from the Reach and the Riverlands. Jaime Lannister had been found dead in Riverrun along with two or three Stark guards, and Mace Tyrell had been poisoned at a banquet with a terrible kind of poison: the strangler, thus making Willas Tyrell the next Lord of the Reach.

Ironbon Invasion of the Westerlands: (Continued)

With the urgent need for reinforcements acknowledged, Balon had Victarion and Sharp withdraw back to the Iron Isles, and he himself took command over most of the Greyjoy Army to join with Asha’s forces. The joint Greyjoy Army under the command of the Iron King was too strong for the bloodied and weakened forces of the Westerlands, so Balon set the entire coast on fire, sacking the Crag, Tarbeck Fall, Kayce and Feastfires (with Castamere sadly out of reach for now) and capturing entire noble families from the Westerlands, including the Westerlings, the Presters and the Kennings (with Jeyne and Raynald Westerling narrowly escaping to Casterly Rock). Balon left a garrison in Faircastle (knowing the Lannisters had no fleet to retake the island) and returned to Pyke cheered and celebrated by his men. The Iron King had triumphed against the Lions, and the Westerlands was almost in ruins.

Targaryen Invasion of Westeros:

Fifteen years had passed since the end of Robert Baratheon’s rebellion, and the Targaryens were back in Westeros. Daenerys Targaryen was only fifteen and already the widow of a Dothraki Khal, but she landed with an impressive army and with three small dragons, mirroring Aegon Targaryen’s conquest two hundred years ago. Using the Golden Company and the naval and military assets of the free city of Pentos, Ser Harry Strickland and half the Golden Company landed north of Storm’s End, cutting the supply lines to the Baratheon Army in the Crownlands. Daenerys and the Pentoshi Army (under the command of Barristan Selmy) travelled with Groleo, landing in Griffin’s Roost and forcing the garrison to surrender. Prince Doran Martell of Dorne had called the banners some time ago in preparation for the Stormlands campaign, and Prince Oberyn Martell led 20,000 Dornishmen (almost their entire force) to assault the Dornish Marshes, almost undefended with Renly out of the region. Oberyn took the smallest castles and left the biggest ones encircled in order to march faster, pretty much ignoring the Rainwood and Cape Wrath. With Houses Fell, Cafferen and Grandison joining the ranks of the Targaryen loyalists thanks in no small part to the prestige of Barristan Selmy (they confronted Robert Baratheon at Summerhall back in the rebellion), Daenerys Targaryen and Oberyn Martell met at Storm’s End, fielding more than 30,000 men between the Dornishmen, the Golden Company, the Pentoshi Army and the Stormlanders who had joined, a mighty army that besieged Ser Courtnay Penros, Prince Edric and Princess Mya Baratheon at Storm’s End. The Stormlands still has many castles and fortresses sworn to the Baratheons and most of the region remains intact, but there’s chaos thanks to the unexpected attack. In the meantime, Ser Jorah Mormont and Tristan Rivers led 5,000 men of the Golden Company north, bypassing the Stark fleet in the Vale and arriving to White Harbor unmolested. Using his knowledge of the North and the lack of a fleet to stop him, Mormont captured the city and took Lord Wyman Manderly prisoner, putting a focus in not harming his fellow northerners as much as he could. He tried to march on Moat Cailin as well, but King Robb had ordered more of his bannermen to rise despite the troubles with the harvests, and Galbert Glover had more than 4,000 men to defend the Neck, making a surprise attack impossible and forcing Ser Jorah to keep his troops in White Harbor and capture Oldcastle as well.

The Battle of Rosby:

Tywin Lannister knew he had to prepare his forces for the battle, and if he didn’t assembled his full army then he would be finished. Showing his logistical and organizational skills, he regrouped with Addam Marband and combined the remnants of the Lannister Army with the Crownlander Army, marching north to meet with Lord Harys Swift’s forces coming from Cracklaw Point. Too weakened from the past battle, Randyll Tarly was unable to successfully intercept Tywin in a series of maneuver fights over the Crownlands, which meant that Tywin joined with the sellsword army in Duskendale and then marched back to save King’s Landing from the Baratheons. Lord Tarly moved to Rosby and prepared to contain Tywin before he reached the capital, thus dooming the defenders. Tywin had the superiority in numbers, but his army was unstable and the sellswords unreliable, and Tarly was just as good as Tywin in the field (some even said better). As Stannis and Renly Baratheon stormed King’s Landing, Tywin moved his forces for the assault, using the sellswords and Marbrand’s cavalry to encircle the Tyrell Army while he pushed for the center to keep them busy. Thanks to the superior quality of the sellswords, Tywin forced Tarly to withdraw without being able to destroy his army. Forced between a second battle and saving King’s Landing, Tywin marched straight to the capital to save it from the Baratheon Army.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2014, 09:03:42 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2014, 09:47:31 PM by Senator Lumine »

The Battle of the Blackwater:

It was the confrontation everybody was expecting since Renly Baratheon gave up the crown. King Stannis and King Joffrey, both fighting to see who would get to be the one true Baratheon King. Stannis left Dragonstone with his 6,000 men army and sailed through Blackwater Bay while Lord Hightower and his 7,600 Tyrell host and Renly with his 17,800 Stormlords approached the city by land, attacking the 7,000 defenders with more than 30,000 men. While Tyrion Lannister had prepared a significant amount of time, traps and defenses to buy time, it seemed too much to overcome. Stannis and his fleet approached the weakest spot, the Mud Gate, and the Imp made wildfire rain over them, wreaking havoc over the Baratheon Fleet while some ships later identified as belonging to the Ironborn Blacktyde Fleet attacked the real of the Dragonstone Fleet. Stannis, not impressed, ordered his men to land while Renly attacked from the other side and Hightower guarded the rear. Lord Tyrion then used his archers, his catapults and the boiling oil to keep Renly away, but with the Lord of the Stormlands leading the charge himself his men fought bravely. In comparison, the City Watch was running low on morale, and things took a turn for the worse when Queen Cersei holed herself up in a tower of the Red Keep and ordered Joffrey to be taken away from the frontlines. With morale dropping, Tyrion attempted a charge and at first succeeded in holding the walls, but it was too hard to keep going against two armies attacking from both sides. Finally, the Gold Cloaks broke and left the walls to retreat to the Red Keep while Baratheon troops poured into the city. With Stannis still trying to enter the city with his knights to capture the most important noblemen, Renly, Brienne of Tarth, Loras Tyrell and his Knights charged to the Red Keep to capture Joffrey, and it was then when they were assaulted by a mysterious soldier dressed in black, who charged at the Storm Lord and cut off his head to then disappear inside a house. The men raced to the corpse, and one of them removed his helmet to prove that he was Renly, since he had used a decoy in case things were wrong. The knights cheered him and then kept racing towards the Red Keep, where Cersei chose to use her final weapon. In the meantime, Lord Hightower’s scouts reported the Lannister Army approaching faster and faster with numbers that tripled the defenses of the Tyrells. As a result, Lord Hightower abandoned the fight and had his army fall back as far as he could, thus preventing his forces to act in any way. Lord Tywin’s charge killed many soldiers in the rearguard, and the Baratheon forces ran inside the city to guard themselves and avoid being slaughtered in the open. Meanwhile, before Stannis and his knights could get to the Red Keep, Renly was racing to save as much hostages and capture as much prisoners as he could, finally reaching Cersei’s tower. Sadly, the proud lioness couldn’t be captured, having killed herself and Prince Tommen after ordering the deaths of all highborns inside the palace. Before Brienne of Tarth could kill Ilyn Payne most of them were dead, but some, like Lady Hayford and Lady Stokeworth were saved. Renly and Loras saved Myrcella as well, and confined her to her rooms. King Joffrey, Ser Mandon, Ser Boros, Ser Meryn and Lancel Lannister tried to reach Tywin’s army after seeing the fall of the Red Keep, but they were captured in Flea Bottom not by the Baratheon troops, but by a mob of angry citizens who had been starved by the King. Going for his face first and after killing the Kingsguards, King Joffrey was torn to pieces by the mob, having ruled less than a year. Tywin finally succeeded with capturing the outskirts of the city and pushing the Baratheons inside, but his exhausted troops were too tired and the sellswords were not willing to attack right away, thus forcing him to see how the flags of the Red Keep changed the Stags and the Lions for the flaming Stag. By the time King Stannis and the heroes of the battle (Aurane Waters, the bastard of Driftmark, Ser Justin Massey and Ser Shadrich of the Shady Glen) entered the Iron Throne Renly was waiting for him, smiling and flanked by his knights. Cersei and Tommen lay dead near the throne and he had the prisoners: Lord Tyrion Lannister (wounded), Princess Myrcella Baratheon, Ser Lancel Lannister (severely wounded), Lady Hayford, Lady Stokeworth, Grand Maester Pycelle, Bronn and the survivors of the Kingsguard: Ser Preston Greenfield and Ser Arys Oakheart. As Stannis Baratheon sat on the Iron Throne by the first time with Ser Davos, Renly and the Lady Melisandre at his side, he had become the only Baratheon claimant to the throne (for now). Lord Tywin was besieging him outside and there were some key people missing, like Lord Varys and Lady Sansa Stark, but the throne was his at last.

Army Update:

Tywin:
Army of Ser Daven Lannister – 9,800 – Sarsfield
Army of Lord Tywin - 31,100 - Near King's Landing
Army of Ser Damion Lannister – 5,000 – Casterly Rock
(cannot call more men)

Willas Tyrell:
Army of Randyll Tarly - 20,500 – Near Rosby
Army of Leyton Hightower - 7,600 – Tumbleton
Army of Garlan Tyrell - 10,700 - Crakehall
Garrison of Highgarden – 5,000 - Highgarden
Fleet of the Reach - 40 – Blackwater Bay
Fleet of the Arbor - 175 – The Arbor
Hightower Fleet – 30 – Oldtown
Shield Islands Fleet – 30 – Shield Islands
(can call a max. of 20.000 more men)

Stannis:
Army of Dragonstone – 3,700 – Blackwater Bay
The Royal Fleet - 130 - Blackwater Bay
(cannot call more men, only sellswords)

Renly:
Army of Lord Renly – 14,100 – King’s Landing
Army of Courtnay Penrose – 5,000 - Storm's End
Stormlander Fleet – 40 – Blackwater Bay
(cannot call more men, only sellswords)

Robb:
Army of Helman Tallhart – 5,900 – The Golden Tooth
Army of King Robb Stark - 18,000 – Harrenhal
Army of Roose Bolton - 7,500 – Riverrun
Army of Galbart Glover – 4,000 – Moat Cailin
Garrison of Winterfell – 2,000 – Winterfell
Garrison of Torrhen’s Square – 2,000 – Torrhen’s Square
Fleet of White Harbor - 20 – Near Gulltown
The River Fleet - 30 - Near Gulltown
(can call a max. of 15.000 more men)

Daenerys Targaryen:
Dragons - 3 – Storm's End
Daenerys Khalasar – 200 - Storm's End
Army of Jorah Mormont – 5,000 - White Harbor
Army of Barristan Selmy – 14,000 - Storm's End
Targaryen/Pentoshi Fleet – 60 - Storm's End

Balon:
Army of Balon Greyjoy - 16,500 - (Pyke)
Reaving Fleet - 490 - (Pyke)
Army of the Iron Islands - 5,000 – Pyke (3,800 part of the Iron Fleet)
The Iron Fleet - 90 - Pyke
Army of Baelor Blacktyde - 200 – Blackwater Bay
The Iron Fleet (2) - 10 – Blackwater Bay
Garrison of Faircastle – 1,000 (+ 10 ships)

Doran Martell:
Army of Oberyn Martell - 20,000 – Storm’s End
Navy of Sunspear - 40 – Sunspear
(can call a max. of 5.000 more men)

Lysa Arryn:
Army of Yohn Royce - 20,000 - Darry
Fleet of Gulltown - 45 – Gulltown
(can call a max. 15.000 more men)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »

Yep, I went Martin style in this turn and killed many people, xD. I'm so sorry, Spamage, but a plot was successful against you. I will leave Willas Tyrell open for a day or two, and if nobody claims it, you can have him if you desire to continue playing.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »

Yep, I went Martin style in this turn and killed many people, xD. I'm so sorry, Spamage, but a plot was successful against you. I will leave Willas Tyrell open for a day or two, and if nobody claims it, you can have him if you desire to continue playing.

OOC: can we get a table of who died or was captured this turn? Kinda difficult to keep track with 20 of them Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »

I didn't die first Cheesy
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

OOC: can we get a table of who died or was captured this turn? Kinda difficult to keep track with 20 of them Tongue

Sure!

A Tribute to those Lumine had killed or captured:

DEAD:

King Joffrey Baratheon of the Iron Throne.
Queen Regent Cersei Lannister of the Iron Throne.
Prince Tommen Baratheon of the Iron Throne.
Lord Mace Tyrell, Warden of the South and Lord of Highgarden.
Ser Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
Ser Meryn Trant, Ser Boros Blount and Ser Mandon Moore of the Kingsguard.

CAPTURED:

Lord Tyrion Lannister, Acting Hand of the King.
Princess Myrcella Baratheon of the Iron Throne.
Grand Maester Pycelle of the Iron Throne.
Lady Ermesandre Hayford.
Lady Tanda Stokeworth and her daughters.
Ser Lancel Lannister.
Ser Preston Greenfield and Ser Arys Oakheart of the Kingsguard.
Bronn.

MISSING:

Lady Sansa Stark of Winterfell.
Lord Varys, Master of Whisperers of the Iron Throne.
Sandor Clegane of the Kingsguard.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2014, 09:48:30 PM »

Where is Ser Gregor Clegane? I want his head on a pike and shipped to Dorne!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »

Does this mean I no longer get to play the Tyrells? Sad

Who posioned me?!?!??
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »

Where is Ser Gregor Clegane? I want his head on a pike and shipped to Dorne!

Lord Tywin needed him to crack skulls, so he is with the Lannister Army outside King's Landing now.

Does this mean I no longer get to play the Tyrells? Sad

Who posioned me?!?!??

Sadly, yes, but if there are no volunteers for Willas Tyrell for tomorrow in the afternoon (I don't want to pause the game too much), I'll be more than happy to welcome you back into the game! I can't reveal the culprit, not until the game is over...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

More importantly, who killed Jaime Angry
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »

Even more importantly, who tried to kill me? Not that I didn't anticipate it...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2014, 10:00:28 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2014, 11:03:37 PM by Simfan34 »

To Lord Tywin Lannister:

Your house lies in ruins. Your kith and kin have departed this earth. Your army is wavering. Come now, and do not fight this useless fight. If you seek to keep your neck- all you have left, honestly- you will do what is wisest and lay down your arms.

Prince Renly Baratheon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies