Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:34:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85869 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »

A Rose's Thorns:

During Robert Baratheon’s Rebellion against the Targaryen Dynasty, the Reach was the region most loyal to the old order and the status quo. Even after the brutal sack of King’s Landing by Tywin Lannister (may he rot in the Seven Hells) we continued to besiege Storm’s End until we were forced to surrender.

In the ensuing peace we may have feigned loyalty, but we never forgot. My father was exceptionally well at this, even getting my sister a marriage to Renly Baratheon, the man who would’ve been King. Our apparent loyalty was thrown in our face and my sister dishonored however, when Renly ceded the crown to Stannis Baratheon, a heathen and uncharismatic leader. Since Margery was pregnant with the child of Renly we had to make it appear as though we too remained loyal, but yet again we never forgot and now, looking upon our past, it is time to act.

The Reach hereby recognizes Daenerys Targaryen as the Queen of the Andals and of the First Men, ruler over all of Westeros, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea and the Mother of Dragons.

Long Live the Queen!

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »

OOC: Oh my god, this is just freaking amazing! You were born for that role, you know? They should have casted you over Charles Dance Tongue

Thanks Smiley  I am glad folks are enjoying GameTywin, he is an extremely fun character to write for.  To be compared to Dance's performance even as a joke is high praise, indeed!  Anyway, this is just the warm up act, the main show starts whenever Roose Bolton becomes important here Wink 

OOC: Well, I'm not going to screw things up the way the real Robb did, so he should never become that "important". Wink But I'd love to have you on my side helping me fight for Northern independence. Tongue

Roose Bolton as Hand with Robb as King in the North would certainly be an interesting dynamic though Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »

A Rose's Thorns:

During Robert Baratheon’s Rebellion against the Targaryen Dynasty, the Reach was the region most loyal to the old order and the status quo. Even after the brutal sack of King’s Landing by Tywin Lannister (may he rot in the Seven Hells) we continued to besiege Storm’s End until we were forced to surrender.

In the ensuing peace we may have feigned loyalty, but we never forgot. My father was exceptionally well at this, even getting my sister a marriage to Renly Baratheon, the man who would’ve been King. Our apparent loyalty was thrown in our face and my sister dishonored however, when Renly ceded the crown to Stannis Baratheon, a heathen and uncharismatic leader. Since Margery was pregnant with the child of Renly we had to make it appear as though we too remained loyal, but yet again we never forgot and now, looking upon our past, it is time to act.

The Reach hereby recognizes Daenerys Targaryen as the Queen of the Andals and of the First Men, ruler over all of Westeros, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea and the Mother of Dragons.

Long Live the Queen!

OOCish: Let the record show that this is the second time in three turns that the Tyrells have stabbed an ally in the back Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2014, 03:20:32 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 03:23:08 PM by Spamage »

A Rose's Thorns:

Long Live the Queen!

OOCish: Let the record show that this is the second time in three turns that the Tyrells have stabbed an ally in the back Tongue

Says the man who sacked King's Landing while pretending to be loyal... we informed Renly that we were discussing with you all along. You were never our ally.

Also the Baratheons lost our alliance the moment that Renly lost the crown.

EDIT: This is a real Bolton-eque moment! Turning on my former ally because of a slight.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2014, 03:58:34 PM »

A Rose's Thorns:

Long Live the Queen!

Says the man who sacked King's Landing while pretending to be loyal... we informed Renly that we were discussing with you all along. You were never our ally.

EDIT: This is a real Bolton-eque moment! Turning on my former ally because of a slight.

No, it is a Walder Frey moment.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »

A Rose's Thorns:

Long Live the Queen!

No, it is a Walder Frey moment.

Deal with it. Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 04:56:41 PM by Senator Lumine »

299 AL (3), or "The Dragon and the Stags": (Part I)

General View:

It seems the Stags hace achieved sucess, but at a high cost. Trapped inside the walls of King's Landing and having lost the support of the Tyrells and other Houses, Stannis Baratheon willl have to work hard to keep his crown, and he will need to work with Renly to save his reign. Daenerys Targaryen has rallied the South and several Targaryen loyalists into her cause, and by besieging Storm's End she is finally fighting the brothers of the Usurper. Robb Stark and Balon Greyjoy seem closer to their ideal of independence, Lysa Arryn moves her men to attack an unknown enemy and Tywin Lannister is ready to fight until the bitter end. Who will win?

Quotes:

"The Night's Watch is in danger, Lords of Westeros. The wildlings have smashed our expedition North of the Wall and Lord Commander Mormont is dead. I implore you, the Night's Watch implores you, come to our rescue before the Wall falls to Mance Rayder!
(Maester Aemon of the Night's Watch)

"I said I couldn't serve Stannis anymore, and I meant it. I will not back a heretic! House Sunglass and Sweetport Sound are behind Daenerys Targaryen, the one true Queen!"
(Guncer Sunglass, Lord of Sweetport Sound)

"The House of Velaryon has not forgotten it's Valyrian heritage, and we stand loyal. Let Westeros know that Driftmark stands with the Targaryens!"
(Monford Velaryon, Lord of Driftmark)

Info:

Stannis Baratheon:
-Prestige: 10/10 (Won the Battle of the Blackwater)
-Gold: 400.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 8/10 (Still not technically Crowned)

-Congratulations, your Grace! You now seat on the Iron Throne, and there are many matters to attend (I need you to do some of these things, Oakvale, otherwise you get a penalty for not acting). First there's the issue of having to prepare a Small Council and a Kingsguard, see what to do with the prisioners, keep King's Landing supplied to avoid further starvation and take a stand in the issue of religion. Melisandre has asked to build a temple to the Red God and burn the Sept of Baelor, and the High Septon says he is not going to crown you if you follow Melisandre and her faith, an opinion that the Stormlanders and Renly seem to share. Finally, there's the problem of Tywin Lannister outside your gates with his army, soon to recieve even more sellswords, he will have to be dealt with, just like Daenerys in Storm's End.

Tywin Lannister:
-Prestige: 3/10
-Gold: 3.000.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Still undisputed Lord of the Westerlands)

-The Westerlands are burning and all that's left in the armies there and Lannisport-Casterly Rock. You know siege King's Landing with your remaining officers (Kevan, Swift, Marbrand, Clegane, Rosby and the sellsword captains) and more troops should land soon, but the sellswords and the Crownlanders are having second thoughts as well. House Lannister is not lost yet, but only the iron will of Tywin Lannister can save it now.

Renly Baratheon:
-Prestige: 4/10
-Gold: 700.000 GD (No debts)
-Legitimacy: 5/10

-Stannis is King, but given the current circumstances you are stronger than him. The Stormlords make most of the army inside the city and they still prefer you, just like the smallfolk. That said, something must be done about Tywin and the Stormlands, the Lords won't be too patient if they see their homeland burn while you do nothing.

Balon Greyjoy:
-Prestige: 9/10
-Gold: 600.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 8/10

-You are victorious, your Grace, and Fair Island seems to be firmly on your grasp now. The Captains of the Iron Fleet respect you even more than before, but they state that the Greyjoys are still not done with the campaign. Lannisport and Casterly Rock are still unharmed, and they hide the wealth of the Westerlands. Will you sail once again to pay the iron price?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 04:42:44 PM by Senator Lumine »

299 AL (3), or "The Dragon and the Stags": (Part II)

Info:

Robb Stark:
-Prestige: 7/10
-Gold: 525.000 GD

-You have some problems, my Lord. Being patient has helped you retain most of your army and kick the Lannisters out of the Riverlands, but the Lords are furious at you for not continued your campaign on the Westerlands. They still want revenge, and if you keep blocking their desires you might find yourself having trouble commanding them. Lord Karstark does not blame you for the death of Jaime Lannister, but he wants his son back, just like the Northern Lords want to march and kill Tywin once and for all. There's also the problem of Jorah Mormont and the Targaryen Army in the North (Roose Bolton and Maege Mormont have offered to ride North and take care of Mormont), plus the threat of the Arryn Army and the problems at the Wall. What will you do, my Lord?

Willas Tyrell:
-Prestige: 5/10
-Gold: 2.800.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Unchallenged)

-My condolences for your loss, Lord Tyrell. But it seems your gamble has paid off, most of your vassals were more than happy to swear fealty to Daenerys Targaryen, which means that if you hadn't changed sides then some of then would have. Randyll Tarly is still far away, Garlan requires reinforcements and Lord Hightower and Lord Redwyne ask for orders. There's also the problem of having Loras in King's Landing, still loyal to Renly.

Daenerys Targaryen:
-Prestige: 7/10
-Gold: 100.000 GD

-While not everybody is convinced with your attack on the North, the Stormlands campaign has been a success and now you command the Reach, Dorne and several loyalist Houses, making you the next powerhouse of Westeros. Your commanders and your allies await orders and commands, it's time for the Dragon Queen to name advisors and move!

Lysa Arryn:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 650.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 6/10

-It seems you are slowly regaining the trust of your vassals, and all of Westeros awaits the moment in which the Knights of the Vale strike at their real enemy. In the meantime, Littlefinger has started to craft a few plots in the Vale with his agents and sellswords, and he won't tell what he's up to.

Varys:
-Prestige: ¿?
-Gold: 100.000 GD
-Legitimacy: ¿?

-You have escaped the mess of King's Landing, Lord Varys, and it's time to choose where to go so you can continue to serve the realm, as you have always done. Good luck! (posting more here would mean heavy spoilers)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2014, 04:36:27 PM »

Be patient, will you? I had to post the turn and you sent like eight, xD
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2014, 04:52:32 PM »

Lumine, my brother Kevan Lannister is still alive.  Pretty sure he's one of my officers Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2014, 04:57:08 PM »

Lumine, my brother Kevan Lannister is still alive.  Pretty sure he's one of my officers Tongue

Sorry, I've killed so many people I lose track of them...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »

Sorry, I've killed so many people I lose track of them...

No worries Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2014, 06:00:20 PM »

I have to say I actually like this scenario much better than what actually happened! Cheesy The King in the North thing may be more than a vain dream in the end... Cheesy

Also, I made this nice little map about military positions:

Circles indicate armies, triangles indicate fleets. Area is proportional to the number of ships/men. I had to guess a couple of exact positions, especially the clusterf**k around King's Landing. Tongue Some colors are quite self-explanatory, other than that it's yellow=Daenerys, light green=Renly, dark green=Tyrell, purple=Stannis, brown=Greyjoy, turquoise=Arryn, orange=Martell.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »

Awesome map, Antonio, thank you!

And man, this turn has not lasted a day and I already have several assassination orders, you guys are getting a bit impatient, xD
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »

Awesome map, Antonio, thank you!

And man, this turn has not lasted a day and I already have several assassination orders, you guys are getting a bit impatient, xD

Surely one of those is from Stannis Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2014, 07:59:19 PM »

A proclaim:

Search any ship from the greenlands to see if anyone on board might possess weapons, including poisons. Can't be too cautious with so many plots going about.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »

How many iron Ships are there in Blackwater Bay? There seem to be just 10 but the map shows otherwise.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »

Lysa Arryn:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 650.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 6/10

-It seems you are slowly regaining the trust of your vassals, and all of Westeros awaits the moment in which the Knights of the Vale strike at their real enemy. In the meantime, Littlefinger has started to craft a few plots in the Vale with his agents and sellswords, and he won't tell what he's up to.

Oh god, can't he stop plotting for FIVE MINUTES.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2014, 09:18:54 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 10:24:43 PM by Iron King SJoyce »

Raven to Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon,
We regret that we cannot send more men north, but we shall search our islands for any thralls (since they cannot serve in the military) that we can spare. We thank you for your service, and once we secure the independence of our land shall be eager to assist you in defending our realm.
-Balon Greyjoy, King of the Iron Islands

A Proclaim:

The hostages taken in our Westerlands campaign shall be returned.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »

Aemon: We would normally send men north to join you, but we have been faced with the death of our patriarch Mace. Furthermore getting an army to you would be next to impossible considering the fact that the Lannisters and Baratheons control the road to the Wall and the land on the way is desolate and in ruin due to the war, meaning getting men north would require alot more supplies and goods that we cannot afford to give out now that winter is nearly here.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2014, 11:41:49 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 11:48:28 PM by Iron King SJoyce »

A proclaim:

To increase the efficiency of our government, I have appointed the following individuals as advisers, to advise the Seastone Chair on matters of policy:

Hand of the King: Lord Rodrik Harlaw of the Ten Towers, for his loyal and trusted service
Grand Maester: Wendamyr, for his reliable counsel to House Greyjoy
Master of Coin: Lord Sawane Botley of Lordsport, for overseeing and rebuilding one of our islands’ largest centers of commerce
Master of Laws: Lord Meldred Merlyn of Pebbleton, for a dedication to justice
Master of Ships: Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet Victarion Greyjoy, for his capable command of the fleet
Master of Whisperers: Lord Baelor Blacktyde of Blacktyde, for his education, diplomacy, and knowledge of those beyond the Islands
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard (such as it is): Ser Harras Harlaw of Grey Garden, for great skill in combat and loyalty to the Ironborn
Advisor: Princess Asha Greyjoy
Advisor: Lord Harmund Sharp of Faircastle, for his rule over lands closest to the greenlands

-Balon Greyjoy, Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and Lord Reaper of Pyke

OOC: A little bored and I had time for it, so why not make an entire small council? Certainly makes me look much more like a legitimate King. I understand that Lord Blacktyde may not be able to take his seat at this time.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2014, 07:16:21 AM »

The North will pay its due to the Night's Watch, as it always has ever since the Long Night. Unlike the complacent Southerners, we have never forgotten the perils that await us beyond the wall, and know the price to pay for our common safety. I will make sure the Night's Watch has enough men to defend us against Mance and whatever other enemy awaits us.

-- Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, King in the North
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »

Renly and Stannis should probably tell us something about what they want to do. It's not very clear right now.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2014, 08:59:17 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2014, 09:15:10 AM by Iron King SJoyce »

Renly and Stannis should probably tell us something about what they want to do. It's not very clear right now.

OOC: It's not entirely clear what anyone wants to do. The Targaryens are allied with the Martells, the Tyrells, and the Greyjoys, the Greyjoys are aligned with the Starks, the Targaryens fight the Starks, the Starks fight the Lannisters, the Lannisters fight the Targaryens and Baratheons, nobody has any idea who the Lannisters want to see as King now, the Tyrells used to support the Baratheons but now support the Targaryens, the Greyjoys make off with Lord Tywin's treasury next turn, and nobody has any idea what Lysa Arryn is doing.

Also, the current Targaryen-Greyjoy-Tyrell-Martell axis can field just over 140,000 men if we called all our banners - the Lannisters have aroudn 46,000, while the Starks can call 54,000, the Baratheons have 23,000, and the Arryns have 35,000. #dominating
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »

OOC: It's not entirely clear what anyone wants to do. The Targaryens are allied with the Martells, the Tyrells, and the Greyjoys, the Greyjoys are aligned with the Starks, the Targaryens fight the Starks, the Starks fight the Lannisters, the Lannisters fight the Targaryens and Baratheons, nobody has any idea who the Lannisters want to see as King now, the Tyrells used to support the Baratheons but now support the Targaryens, the Greyjoys make off with Lord Tywin's treasury next turn, and nobody has any idea what Lysa Arryn is doing.

OOC: Good point. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies