Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:53:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85825 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2014, 05:19:21 PM by Iron King SJoyce »

Ugh, come on. Looks like our victory proved pointless. With Mance on the loose south of the Wall, I'm finished. Sad

At least you're alive Tongue The war has actually gone relatively well for the Iron Islands - but Balon, Victarion, and Theon are all dead. The only surviving Greyjoys are Asha, Aeron, and Euron.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #376 on: July 12, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »

Ugh, come on. Looks like our victory proved pointless. With Mance on the loose south of the Wall, I'm finished. Sad

From where I stand, it was an unambiguous success aside from Dany barely escaping.  But then, I'm not the self-declared King in the North Wink

Maybe something we can all agree on: What if we stopped all the plotting completely until let's say, one day or so before Lumine is coming back? The 19th, next Saturday, would be a good date. Otherwise, Lumine has 500+ PMs to go through before he can start the new turn, I know us all to well Tongue
What do you say? Are you on board?

My vote would be to simply put PMs to Lumine on hold until he gets back, but allow plotting between now and then and just update him after the next turn starts.
Yeah, we could do that maybe.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #377 on: July 12, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2014, 06:10:18 PM by X is Tywinning »

OOCish:

@ Daenerys Targaryen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jERdloSRJEw&list=PLWCCUNVFyWme-nC8K-8ODf-U1DvOOIsUd

@ everyone: I suppose this could also be a tribute to the late Stannis Baratheon, seeing how I forgot to mention that I had him assassinated Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »

I'm surprised Euron would be able to ride a dragon, considering he just stole them from their mother.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2014, 07:24:54 PM »

The debt part is for Stannis, Rains of Castamere just seemed appropriate given that House Lannister won such a massive victory this turn Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2014, 09:07:56 PM »

I'm surprised Euron would be able to ride a dragon.

"So was I." - Victarion Greyjoy
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2014, 11:04:06 PM »

OOCish:

@ Daenerys Targaryen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jERdloSRJEw&list=PLWCCUNVFyWme-nC8K-8ODf-U1DvOOIsUd

@ everyone: I suppose this could also be a tribute to the late Stannis Baratheon, seeing how I forgot to mention that I had him assassinated Tongue

Uh-huh.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2014, 05:50:49 AM »

OOCish:

Uh-huh.

You may've tried to have him killed, but from Lumine's description, my plot was clearly the one that succeded.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #383 on: July 19, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »

So, is this resuming today?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #384 on: July 19, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »

I hope so, but I don't know if Lumine will be back/ready to resume the game yet.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #385 on: July 19, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »

I am back, but so far in no condition to start the game until Monday night. Therefore, I leave the next two days open for players to claim Lord Petyr Baelish and King Euron Greyjoy. King in the Wall Mance Rayder is hereby given to Dereich and Roose Bolton is still reserved for Mr. X should anything happen. Since the turn won't start until Monday, I will not acknowledge further plotting until that date, so please remember that.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2014, 08:33:05 AM »

It'd be kinda weird to play as Euron after he killed me, so I'll be Baelish.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »

Great to see the game continue soon. I hope you have had a nice holiday, Lumine?

Just a small question by the way: The latest Dany POV did not explicitly state Quentyn's fate, just something that he was affected by the Qarthian spiders. Is he still alive or did he die?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »

It'd be kinda weird to play as Euron after he killed me, so I'll be Baelish.

Welcome, Lord Baelish! I will explain you the special gameplay that affects you and Varys on Monday.

Great to see the game continue soon. I hope you have had a nice holiday, Lumine?

Just a small question by the way: The latest Dany POV did not explicitly state Quentyn's fate, just something that he was affected by the Qarthian spiders. Is he still alive or did he die?

I did, it was very invigorating! King Quentyn is still alive, the magic horn did cause most of the presents to become temporarily weak, but he remains at the side of Daenerys after the retreat and he is currently in good health.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2014, 01:47:45 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2014, 02:12:33 AM by Governor Cranberry »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I did, it was very invigorating! King Quentyn is still alive, the magic horn did cause most of the presents to become temporarily weak, but he remains at the side of Daenerys after the retreat and he is currently in good health.
[/quote]

Great!
Great also for my son Tongue But his King his actual title? I thought it'd be something like Prince Consort or whatever... But you decide it, Father in Heaven Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2014, 06:47:04 PM »

Great!
Great also for my son Tongue But his King his actual title? I thought it'd be something like Prince Consort or whatever... But you decide it, Father in Heaven Tongue
[/quote]

I was rather unsure of what title to give, given that the only Queen in Westeros was Rhaenyra Targaryen and her husband Daemon chose "Protector of the Realm" and stayed with Prince, and Argella Durrandon married after losing her crown to Aegon the Conqueror. I think I will start to use Prince Consort from now on, though, it fits better than King.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2014, 08:53:59 AM »

Lumine said it will resume sometime tonight.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »

Oops sorry, for some reason I thought it was Sunday night.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2014, 11:11:44 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2014, 01:52:34 AM by Senator Lumine »

300 AL (1), or "A Time for Wolves"Sad

General View:

In another display of the ever changing context of Westeros, Daenerys Targaryen has been utterly humilliated after the loss of her three Dragons at the hands of Euron Greyjoy and the crushing defeat of her army thanks to the unlikely coalition of Tywin Lannister, Robb Stark and Renly Baratheon to get rid of the Targaryens. All regions are now weakened and burning with the exception of the Iron Islands and Dorne, with Highgarden in ruins, the North facing a three-way war between Mance Rayder, Robb Stark and Roose Bolton and most of the armies of the realm extremely depleted. As none of the potential alliances have the potential to be stable with so many deaths and betrayals, there's no end in sight to the slaughter and winter has finally come all the way to the Crownlands, covering Westeros in a shroud of snow... and blood.

Quotes:

"Westeros will kneel. Harren the Black was a great King who held the Iron Islands and the Riverlands while he built Harrenhal, but his might does not compare to what the Ironborn are going to do now. We will rise from our islands and take our fleet and my dragons, and we will pay the Iron price to earn what is ours. Dorne, the Reach, the Stormlands, the Westerlands, the Crownlands, the Vale, the Riverlands and the North. We will take all of Westeros!"
(King Euron Greyjoy of the Iron Islands)

Info:

Tywin Lannister:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 2.000.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Still undisputed Lord of the Westerlands)

-The Westerlands has enjoyed from about six months without an invasion now, giving time to repair defenses and train the troops, meaning that the resources left to House Lannister are still decent enough. The problem is that the bulk of your troops are now mercenaries, so even with a complete victory it should be remembered that the Westerlands will need several years to recover. On the other hand, Highgarden seems to be open to an attack that could crush the remaining might of the Reach, so there's a gamble that might shift the balance even more.

Renly Baratheon:
-Prestige: 7/10
-Gold: 600.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 6/10

-King's Landing was saved and the city is grateful to you, and the recent victory in the Kingswood has brought a surge of support for the Baratheon cause, with the Lords of the Stormlands currently besieged pledging loyalty once again. Despite your military weakness, House Florent and the remnants of House Tarly have declared for you, so if you can recreate an alliance behind the Iron Throne you could very well win the war if you play your cards right. Ser Courtnay Penrose also sends a message from Storm's End, as they have almost run out of food and they need immediate relief if they want to avoid the fall of the castle.

Robb Stark:
-Prestige: 4/10
-Gold: 400.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 7/10

-On one hand, Edmure and Lady Mormont are back, most of the Northern lords have rallied behind you and your army is finally safe from complete destruction, but the North is in complete chaos with Mance Rayder's invasion and the continued fight between the Stark loyalists and Roose Bolton. The Smalljon has pledged to bring you Bolton's head, but many of your generals want you to return to the North and crush your enemies before you lose Winterfell and your brothers. Returning North via land might take months, but there's an entire fleet waiting in King's Landing to bring you back into the North if you manage to strike a deal with King Renly.

Willas Tyrell:
-Prestige: 2/10
-Gold: 1.700.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Unchallenged)

-It seems House Tyrell has hit the lowest point in decades, with most of your armies beaten and many of your vassals up in arms after a percieved tyranny on your behalf. Garlan holds Highgarden but he lacks strength, the Florents and the Tarly remnants are opposing you and Euron Greyjoy is still a grave danger if he choses to return to finish the job. What will you do to avoid the fall of House Tyrell and the Reach?

Doran Martell:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 400.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Unchallenged)

-Despite most Houses bleeding to death over the past months, House Martell of Dorne has avoided taking strong losses and they have become the key of success for the Targaryen cause. Princess Arianne and the Sand Snakes have focused on the war allowing you to enjoy some rest, but it's becoming evident that death might come sooner than later because of your sickness. You should start to consider potential matches for Arianne and Trystane as well, and Prince Consort Quentyn might need some extra protection after the last military disaster.

Daenerys Targaryen:
-Prestige: 4/10
-Gold: 100.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 5/10

-Despite an excellent start and several early victories, the tide is turning against House Targaryen with the disasters in the Reach and the loss of Ser Barristan, your dragons and most of your army in a crushing military defeat. Your allies in Pentos are disturbed by the news and enraged at the loss of their troops, and now more than ever you depend on Prince Doran and the armies of Dorne to save your cause.

Yohn Royce:
-Prestige: 9/10
-Gold: 500.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 9/10

-Congratulations, Lord Regent Royce, you are now the master of the Vale. Despite heavy losses, the region is still a force to be reckoned with, as you still have a fleet, an amry with you and one near King's Landing and a fleet to use if needed be. Many wonder if you will swear loyalty to Robb Stark or Renly Baratheon, but unlike many of the other remaining Lords in the realm, you still have the strength and the prestige to lead the Vale into a decent victory.

Mance Rayder:
-Prestige: 6
-Gold: 0 GD
-Legitimacy: 10

-The King in the Wall. After crushing the Night's Watch in the Battle of Castle Black you and your army of refugees have taken the wall and now have the North open to attack. You have about 20,000 soldiers and about 80,000 civilians to move, but don't trust the numbers that much, Westerosi soldiers are of higher quality. Some of your men wish to man the wall and prepare for a potential attack from the Others, and some wish to strike at the Lords of the North despite the heavy winter. There are many possibilities open, your Grace, what are your commands for the freefolk?

Petyr Baelish:
-Prestige: 5
-Gold: 1.500.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 4

-Welcome back to the Game of Thrones, Lord Baelish. While Yohn Royce is the man with the power in the Vale, you have several advantages and several chances to gain power in these complicated times. Harrenhal has been promised to you and perhaps it's time to ask for that reward, you have massive gold reserves after your time as Master of Coin, and you have several other assets that will be kept a secret from the rest from now on. Make us proud, Lord Baelish!

Varys:
-Prestige: ¿?
-Gold: 150.000 GD
-Legitimacy: ¿?

-I could say a lot about Lord Varys, but in this turn I couldn't possibly say anything. Expect an update on songs very soon, my Lord!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »

I hope someone will take Euron soon, because otherwise I will play as him and the plans I have will drive a few players mad, xD

Have fun! You have until Thursday night before I post the POV update!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2014, 01:17:50 AM »

I am sorry, but where is Doran?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »

In Sunspear, the gout does not enable him to travel long distances.

Despite an excellent stark and several early victories, the tide is turning against House Targaryen

I don't mean to nitpick over a single typo in a long post, but I laughed at this one.

Well, that's a fascinating mistake on my behalf, xD
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #397 on: July 22, 2014, 01:26:25 AM »

I meant my introduction sentences Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #398 on: July 22, 2014, 01:53:09 AM »

Now on the turn! (I apologize for that mistake)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #399 on: July 22, 2014, 02:18:37 AM »

No problem, thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies