Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:43:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85749 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: July 24, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »

Gentlemen, I feel I should give you the advice of being a bit more original... I currently have exactly 32 assassins behind Euron Greyjoy, xD
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #401 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:29 AM »

Gentlemen, I feel I should give you the advice of being a bit more original... I currently have exactly 32 assassins behind Euron Greyjoy, xD

I think that kind of was the point. Tongue We need to reach a critical mass to take him out of the picture.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2014, 12:54:35 AM »

To all the Southerners:

Your Night's Watch has failed to keep us contained. The Starks who have beaten the Kings-Beyond-the-Wall in the past are too busy fighting a little girl for an uncomfy chair to remove us. We're here and we aren't going back. If you're concerned about where to send your rapists and murderers, don't be. Your little black crows can keep Eastwatch-By-The-Sea and the Shadow Tower. They can keep patrolling their Wall. One day, once winter is done they can even have their other forts back. But Castle Black and the Gift belong to the Free Folk. Acknowledge this and help us get through this winter alive and we'll have no reason to fight you. You can keep your lands and your thrones, all we intend to do is survive with your help or without it.

Mance Rayder
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2014, 04:54:28 AM »

Sorry to be the usual prick, but when will we get the POV update?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »

I wanted to have it ready yesterday, but I have a hude dilemma concerning Daenerys and Euron Greyjoy. It will be ready today, and hopefully those who still need to send their orders will do so.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »

I wanted to have it ready yesterday, but I have a hude dilemma concerning Daenerys and Euron Greyjoy. It will be ready today, and hopefully those who still need to send their orders will do so.

Who still hasn't sent any moves?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »

POV Update:

KEVAN:

They had won. Kevan could not believe it himself, but they had defeated the dragons and Ser Barristan Selmy himself had fallen in the battle. The Battles of the Kingswood would enter history as one of the most unlikely battles of Westeros (every major House save for the Greyjoys sent troops to the battle), but they had opened the road for further Lannister survival. Jaime and Cersei were dead, but the Lannisters would live to fight another day thanks to his brother. Kevan often wondered about the extent of the loss that Tywin had suffered, losing both his sons, but of course the proud Lion never said a word about what had ensued in King’s Landing. Tywin was the same ruthless man he was when he defeated the Reynes and the Tarbecks and when he had mercilessly sacked the capital, and Kevan knew that if given the chance he would make Renly Baratheon and Robb Stark pay the price of the losses in blood. Many officers were talking about whom would Lord Tywin back, and the truth was that nobody knew. He was up to something, that was certain, but it was hard to predict what House Lannister (or what was left of it) would do now. The Westerlands were in ruins and half the army was made of sellswords without any concrete loyalty, which meant that as soon as Tywin died there would be chaos in the camp.

As the days passed, the men rested and buried the many dead while the wolf and his men left the area to go to the North, to finally strike against the foes that threatened their homes. Kevan wondered if Robb Stark felt an urge to attack them and have his final revenge, but it seemed the boy was just like his father. Eventually Lord Tywin called for a war council to make his decision (or rather, to inform the Lords of his decision), and Ser Kevan joined Ser Addam to walk to the enormous tent that was set to include the Lannister council (as King Renly and the Waynwood brothers were not invited). They were late, but as they entered the tent they noticed that one man was also missing. Clegane, Swift, Lorch and the sellswords were there, but the seat reserved for Lord Tywin was empty and none of them dared to ask where the Lord of the Westerlands was.

“It seems we’re not the only ones who are late.” Ser Addam casually remarked.
“Seems that way, Ser Addam.” Harys Swift was not in a good mood. “I find it hard to imagine Lord Tywin would not show up at the war council.”
“He doesn’t really need a council, all we have to do is kill the dragon bitch.” Amory Lorch was drunk, and Kevan wondered why Tywin still had him at his service.
“Easier said than done, she escaped.” The Tattered Prince replied. “Shouldn’t we send someone to see if Lord Tywin is fine?”
“We can go ourselves, Ser Addam. I have a feeling my brother would not like us to send servants for that.”
“Of course, Ser Kevan.”

Kevan and Marbrand walked swiftly through the camp to reach Tywin’s tent in the middle of the area, and when they arrived they found that there were no guards at all. Ser Addam dismissed it as if Lord Tywin had taken them for a walk, but Ser Kevan had a terrible feeling about it, just like when he saw the gates of King’s Landing open for Tywin to do as he pleased back in the rebellion. Something awful was going to happen, he knew it, and he could recognize the uneasiness. He called for a couple of soldiers to come and the group entered the tent to check on their liege, and Ser Kevan, unlike Ser Addam and the guards, had a remarkable lack of reaction at the image he saw. Tywin Lannister was dead on his chair, stabbed countless times and covered in blood. As Ser Kevan approached the body and Ser Addam raced for help, he noticed the wounds were small and there was blood everywhere. His brother had bled to death, no one to witness the final moments of the proud Lion of the Westerlands. And then came the final insult, for there were words written in blood in Lord Tywin’s golden armor: THE NORTH REMEMBERS. Ser Kevan Lannister felt nervous laughter escaping his mouth, and he knelt before the corpse.

ASHA:

(This chapter is smaller than what I had envisioned because there are some spoilers I don’t wish to reveal)

Asha Greyjoy was getting tired of the sight of the execution of an assassin. Ever since Euron Greyjoy had crowned himself and Victarion and her father had died, the Lords of Westeros had panicked and tried to murder him in all possible ways. Dozens of assassins tried to claim the life of the Iron King, but every single time they were discovered by those pesky warlocks and then used as food for Urron, Harwyn and Harren, Euron’s dragons. How he had gotten them to obey him was a mystery, but Asha and Rodrik were convinced that the horn he always held close to him was the key to controlling the dragons, who grew larger every day. They were still small, but Harren, the largest, allowed Euron to ride it for limited time. The dragons were so impressive for the Ironborn that it really didn’t matter how large they were, they simply taught the lesson that Euron Greyjoy could not be opposed. Or at least many of them thought so, because it was evident the King was despised by others, like her uncle Aeron and herself. Euron was a dangerous man, and she didn’t trust him one bit. He had killed Lord Blacktyde and Victarion, and probably her father as well to win the crown, and he didn’t look like the kind of man who would give up that crown easily. Either way, he had convinced the Ironborn that it was time to strike as well, and the fleet was ready to leave for the target.

“Do you really think he will be successful?” Qarl the Maid asked.
“With dragons it would be hard to see him failing, don’t you think?” Tristifer Botley was in a rather good mood. “When we arrive, they are going to surrender as soon as they see them.”
“And then he will burn them all.” Asha stated, remembering the fate of Victarion.
“I wonder if this time we will lose as much men as we lost in Highgarden. For being so effeminate, those Tyrell dogs knew how to put a decent fight.”
“Well, they are not growing strong anymore, don’t you think?” Tristifer started to eat something. “I’ve heard that Willas, you know, the cripple, has gone paranoid and he kills Lords just for disobeying him.”
“Nonsense, Tristifer.” She replied. “No Lord is foolish enough to do that,”
“And what about the Mad King, eh?”
“Kings are not the same as Lords, you idiot.”
“You really despise Euron.”
“He burned my uncle to death among other things, what do you think?”
“Mayhaps we should stop talking, one of those eunuchs is watching us.”

Tristifer, Qarl and Asha made silence while one of the warlocks observed carefully. Euron had captured a lot of them during his journey, and he used them and their magic to do things that many Ironborn had considered impossible. Aeron said he was a heretic for not following the drowned god, but more than one of the Ironborn Lords was interested in the new powers that the King had. They finally arrived to the Black Wind, and as Asha gave the commands to prepare the ship to sail from Pyke she wondered for one moment in Euron could really conquer large parts of Westeros. She had thought it impossible with the resources the Ironborn had and the losses in the Greyjoy rebellion, but with dragons and magic… well, it was better not to think about it. The Ironborn would sail to conquer the seas, and she would have to find a way to defeat Euron Greyjoy in his own game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »

QUENTYN:

Mayhaps it’s not all lost, he thought. My uncle and his army will come, and the roses will return, and we will save the situation. When they had left the battlefield in the Kingswood, Quentyn could clearly see that something had changed inside his wife. She had lost her dragons and witnessed the death of her loyal servants, Ser Jorah and Ser Barristan, and she was forced to escape South, humiliated and defeated by those whom she called the Usurper’s dogs. She had spent the following days either in apathy or in deep anger, and in the end the Dornish Lords and their few remaining men had abandoned the camp to return to Prince Oberyn. They had tried to convince Quentyn to come, but he refused. He would do his duty, and he would not abandon his wife not even if meant his death. To run from danger would have meant that he was not a worthy son of House Martell, and so he bid his friends and countrymen goodbye. With the patience of the sellswords running out and the Pentoshi troops desperate to leave, the camp quickly faced the chance of disintegrating within hours, and the news had finally caused Daenerys to snap. Claiming that she needed to recover her dragons and the inheritance of the Targaryens, she had set course for Summerhall and she commanded the troops to wait there for her, promising to return with the dragons. Quentyn gathered some of the Stormlanders who lived near Summerhall to join the Queen, but he knew very well that many of those men would desert at the first chance. Nonetheless, he had to see what would happen and what plans she had to recover what she had lost.  

The rode through the Stormlands through forgotten roads, trying not to meet with any of the hostile Lords and their small garrisons. Daenerys Targaryen’s invasion had not endeared the Stormlanders with her cause, and in that regard it was a relief that nobody recognized them. Without speaking a single word over the entire journey, Daenerys, Quentyn and the Stormlanders arrived on Summerhall on a dark and cold morning, and the Dornish Prince was left in awe of the ruins of what once was a Targaryen seat. Summerhall was a black ruin, and yet it still looked beautiful and light, a dignified ruin when compared to the monster that Harrenhal was. It was here that the Targaryen dynasty had suffered a crushing blow twice: once when Aegon V and his son burned to death inside the castle in the same day Prince Rhaegar was born and twice when Robert Baratheon had swung his war hammer to crush his rebel Stormlords with three battles in a single day. Summerhall was not cursed like Harrenhal, but it still felt scary for Quentyn, who wondered how Prince Rhaegar could travel here so often to sleep inside the ruins. Daenerys took her dothraki handmaidens and disappeared inside the castle, forcing the Prince to wait outside and talk to the Stormlanders, who were surprisingly courteous with him despite the enmity between the Dornishmen and the Stormlanders of the Dornish Marshes. Eventually Daenerys returned a satisfied look on her face.

“Your grace, it’s good to see you.” Quentyn said, rather clumsily. “Did you found anything?”
“Yes, my love, I did.” Daenerys have a good hard look to Summerhall and Quentyn saw her eyes were bright. “Summerhall still hides many secrets inside, and my handmaidens found just what I wanted, but I’ll need the help of the men.”
“Only them? And what would you have me do?”
“If you could search for a place to stay and go with the servants to find food, I would be grateful.”
It was, perhaps, insulting to a Prince of Dorne to send him to fetch food, but at that point Quentyn did not mind. He would do anything to see Daenerys acting in a normal way again. By the time he and the servants returned the men looked exhausted, as if they had worked the entire day. One of them, a Fell, informed him that the Queen summoned him in the main hall, and Quentyn moved among the ruins to get to said place. As he entered, he saw Daenerys sitting on the throne that had belonged to Aegon V, a torch on one hand and a dragon egg in another, and the entire room was surrounded in green flasks. The Queen was smiling.

“Did I ever tell you how I got my dragons, my love?”
“You did, it was on Khal Drogo’s… funeral pyre.” Quentyn was almost speechless.
“Indeed.” Daenerys took a brief pause. “Say, have you ever wondered by this castle burned a few years ago?”
“I have a few ideas why.”
“But Aegon V wasn’t a real dragon. Real dragons can’t be harmed by fire, like my brother Viserys was.”
“Daenerys, please! This is insane, the room is surrounded in wildfire!”
“I know, my love.” Daenerys smiled once again. “You really don’t get it, do you? Do not fear, my love. I am born out of fire, I was wed to fire, and I gave birth to fire. And I plan to do it again.”

Quentyn screamed when Daenerys threw the torch and ignited the wildfire, setting the entire hall in fire and forcing him to fall back. Desperate to help her and knowing he could not do it alone, he raced to get out of the hall and met with the Stormlanders outside, who looked at him with the same courtesy as before.

“You have to help her!”
“Help who, my Lord?” One of the Stormlanders approached him.
“The Queen! She set the main hall on fire!”
“Oh, that? We already knew about that.”

The Prince felt the cold touch of the blade entering his stomach, and as he fell to the ground he could see the whole castle enlightened by green fire, a painful sight for the dying man. He wanted to think of his father and his family, but all he could think before dying was of how ironic it was to see history repeating itself. The last of the Targaryens was dead now, all because of the desperate desire to recover the might of the dragons.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2014, 10:11:42 PM »

Now I'm just going to find some shelter and protect myself from the reactions, xD
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »

Well f!ck Sad

And I was a few turns away from running train too Sad
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »

Uhh...Dayyyymn.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »

Hmm....Tywin very pointedly never named an heir to Casterly Rock. Who is lord of the Westerlands now? Ser Kevin or the free-ish Tyrion?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2014, 10:38:54 PM by X is Tywinning »

Hmm....Tywin very pointedly never named an heir to Casterly Rock. Who commands the Lannisters now? Ser Kevin or the free-ish Tyrion?

Well, Tyrion is a POW so, I'd assume Kevan, but I am dead so...

Again, very frustrating given how close my master plan was to coming to fruition.  I was going to flay Renly next turn Sad
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »

Hmm....Tywin very pointedly never named an heir to Casterly Rock. Who commands the Lannisters now? Ser Kevin or the free-ish Tyrion?

Again, very frustrating given how close my master plan was to coming to fruition.

I'm truly sorry, X, but the dice caused a plot against you to succeed, which meant Tywin had to die.

The new Lord of the Westerlands is Tyrion Lannister as Tywin's rightful son and heir (he hasn't been charged with the deaths of Joffrey and Cersei), and he has become a playable character as of now. I also announce that Nix will play as King Euron Greyjoy from now on, and Lord Roose Bolton is still reserved for Mr. X should he desire to play as him.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43:36 PM »

Again, very frustrating given how close my master plan was to coming to fruition.

I'm truly sorry, X, but the dice caused a plot against you to succeed, which meant Tywin had to die.

The new Lord of the Westerlands is Tyrion Lannister as Tywin's rightful son and heir (he hasn't been charged with the deaths of Joffrey and Cersei), and he has become a playable character as of now. I also announce that Nix will play as King Euron Greyjoy from now on, and Lord Roose Bolton is still reserved for Mr. X should he desire to play as him.

No worries, the Roose is loose Smiley

Do Nix and I re-enter at the end of this turn or immediately?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »

No worries, the Roose is loose Smiley

Do Nix and I re-enter at the end of this turn or immediately?

Right now gentlemen, so you may start plotting, xD

I will provide you with extra info if request, and you have until Sunday to send orders!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #416 on: July 26, 2014, 05:35:00 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2014, 05:38:07 AM by The Roose is Loose »

OOC: So now the question is who really killed GameTywin b/c I'd bet good money it wasn't Robb Stark Tongue  Probably Renly (smart move) or Willas (not so strategically sound and pretty out of character given the circumstances).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #417 on: July 26, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »

"For the Gods' sake, I'm fed up with being the scapegoat for someone else's misdeeds! First Theon, then the Kingslayer, and now Tywin! This is too much. I'm no King of anything until these conspiracies keep happening under my nose! We must find a way to stop them."

-- Robb's private rant to his bannermen after learning of Tywin's death

A Raven to Kevan and Tyrion Lannister

My Lords,

You may find it hard to believe my word at this point, but you must believe me when I swear, by the old Gods and the new, that I have no part in Lord Tywin's death. However bitter enemies we had been until that point, in the wake of the fall of King's Landing, we forged an uneasy but effective alliance, one that, I insist, lasted up until Lord Tywin's last breath. While I am ruthless toward traitors, you must know that I always stay faithful toward my allies. Besides, killing Lord Tywin would have been an absurd and foolish move from a strategic standpoint. Whomever killed your Lord sought to harm the Starks as much as the Lannisters. If the good relationship between our two houses can endure following this tragedy, we can, together, seek to bring the real culprits to justice.

-- Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, King in the North
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2014, 10:36:41 AM »

Mod question: Wouldn't Tyrion being Renly's prisoner make Kevan the defacto leader of the Lannisters?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #419 on: July 26, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »

Mod question: Wouldn't Tyrion being Renly's prisoner make Kevan the defacto leader of the Lannisters?

You would think right? 
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #420 on: July 26, 2014, 12:37:21 PM »

You would think right? 

Renly freed Tyrion and put him on his council earlier, meaning that Tyrion is not really a prisioner. I could make Kevan the player, but at best that would last one turn and I prefer to leave Tyrion open right away.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #421 on: July 26, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »

Announcement: Since there is a character I cannot portray in the game because of a massive spoiler (which led me to a small crisis in regards to a several character's path), I have decided to invent a character to balance things up without spoiling A Dance with Dragons and Season 5 for those who haven't read the books.

Like some of you know, the Targaryens had a rebel bastard line called the Blackfyres, and they fought for decades until Ser Barristan Selmy slayed the last Blackfyre Pretender, Maelys, two decades before Robert's Rebellion. Since Varys and Illyrio need another dragon to support and the Blackfyres might still be alive via bastards or in the femenine line (this is never confirmed in the books), I have created a last Blackfyre for them, a young ambitious man called Daemon Blackfyre (grandson of Maelys), who will serve as the last Valyrian claimant to the Iron Throne.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #422 on: July 26, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »

Good; otherwise the only claimants left to the Iron Throne were Renly and maybe Myrcella.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #423 on: July 26, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2014, 03:18:34 PM by The Roose is Loose »

Good; otherwise the only claimants left to the Iron Throne were Renly and maybe Myrcella.

What's wrong with that?  Eliminate the Renly and it is a free for all Evil
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #424 on: July 26, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »

This game will never end if you keep adding more characters. Not that I have any problem with that of course. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies