Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:31:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85597 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:42 PM »
« edited: September 01, 2014, 01:05:31 PM by Speaker Dereich »

It was a lot of fun. Thanks for all the effort you put into it Lumine, it turned out great. As for anything else, it'd be premature for anyone to start another game right now when we're so close to WoIaF coming out. Maybe we'll find something there that'll make an even batter game.

I second wanting to hear more about what you thought about how everyone did. I also want to find out what Varys was doing the whole time that you kept raving about in the turn summaries Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #576 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »

I second wanting to hear more about what you thought about how everyone did. I also want to find out what Varys was doing the whole time that you kept raving about in the turn summaries Tongue

Mostly trying to hide himself and Sansa from Littlefinger, I guess? Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2014, 02:01:40 PM »

Mostly trying to hide himself and Sansa from Littlefinger, I guess? Tongue

Well, partially that.  I was trying to get Sansa to Dorne before my time ran out.  Waited a turn too long.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2014, 02:37:47 PM »

Thanks for the positive feedback! I will start some work in the future world I have envisioned, but don't worry, I will not rush things and I will certainly take my time (I am quite interested in what WoIaF has to offer).

Game:

To my surprise, the first turn was rather subdued and calm given that most armies moved in a measured way. We had sieges, yes, but nobody seemed willing to make a truly decisive step except for Tywin, whose plans were thwarted by Robb's prudent moves regarding the Blackfish. As the game progressed I was hoping that things would be resolved with actual battles, but once Game!Tywin asked about the faceless men all hell broke loose. And I'm not joking, I tried very hard to put a high price for them and make them an undesirable choice, and yet most of you almost seemed to find it pleasant to send assassination orders turn after turn, xD. As a result, Quentyn Martell's death was the price that Doran Martell had to paid (I believe Euron was the victim), and if memory serves right Jaime Lannister was the price Tywin payed to get rid of Mace Tyrell. Just in case all the hints I've sent failed, there was no Reach Bolton, so Randyll Tarly was indeed an innocent man. I was quite upset to see him dying that way, hence why I dropped some minor clues and spoke about it in the Grand Finale. If I make a sequel you can bet I will put massive restrictions on assassinations, right before Euron died I had 30 normal assassins after him and two faceless men contracts, with one of them being carried off.

I originally though Renly was going to win given Simfan's activity and levels of support back in the mid game, and then Daenerys swept through Westeros in a way that threatened to end the game in an early way. That was the reason why Euron Greyjoy and his subplot was created, to balance things out and prevent an early Targaryen victory. Of course, that ended up being a waste of time after, to my surprise, Simfan, Mr. X and Antonio created the most unlikely alliance and pushed Game!Daenerys to her death in Summerhall. Since I never envisioned such a swift end for Daenerys I left without many choices since I couldn't reveal the identity of the mysterious character for those who hadn't read the books, and thus Daemon Blackfyre was born. I expected him to face a lot of resistance, but Euron died, Simfan's activity dropped and all of the sudden most pieces were in line for a satisfying ending. To my shock, the loose ends were rather easy to solve or actually solved themselves, especially when it was evident that it was the end of the line for the remaining plotters (Roose and Baelish).

I was surprised at times, frustrated at some points, and there moments in which I wanted to have the battles go the way I wanted instead of what the dice said, but overall I enjoyed it and I tried to be as neutral as I could... unless, of course, the plot demanded some intervention, hence Euron's diavolous ex machina and Daemon's deus ex machina (quite a symbolic pair). There were many elements I was hoping to include, like the Others, the intervention of Volantis and Braavos in the civil war, a bigger role for the High Sparrow and the Faith Militant and an unsullied army, but that will have to wait for another game. Finally, while writing the POV's was at times exhausting since my writing skills in English are quite poor and I am no Martin (if you read the 40 pages or something made out of my POV's you will notice that I tend to repeat many expressions and terms), but some of them were chapters I loved, and there were many I wanted to write with a lot more detail and more pages (of course, that would have slowed the game too much). Honorary mentions go to the chapter in which Stannis dies, the Second Tragedy of Summerhall and Tyrion's coup in King's Landing, someday I plan to write detailed versions of those to see what happens. After all, I do have something resembling a novella with so many pages...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »

Players:

(According to what I remember)

Antonio/Robb: Needless to say, Antonio was the second player who surprised me the most. Since he hadn't seen Seasons 3 and 4 when the Game started I figured he would eventually die along with most of the Starks, and I was completely proven wrong. I still think he made a critical mistake by forgiving Roose that almost costed him his life (and Theon would have been another critical mistake had the dice determined his survival), but Antonio adapted quickly, worked hard and always tried to find the best solutions to the dilemmas of his House, even when that costed him support. And he was one of the players with the less amount of assassination orders, something I really appreciated... Until he moved to have his own aunt murdered by plotting with Littlefinger of all people, xD

Mr. X/Tywin/Roose: Not only he was excellent as Tywin in terms of roleplaying (seriously, his comments against Tyrion were amusing), Mr. X was the ultimate plotter. Turn after turn he would come up with ingenious ideas and potential loopholes, and while he did abuse the assassins and the faceless men potential requests he made most of the intrigue of the game possible, thus being an integral part of the game. Sadly, he was often struck by bad luck on the dice rolls (to ridiculous levels, forcing me to throw them again just to see what happened), and while he performed admirable as Roose given the circumstances it was Tywin where he truly excelled. If a couple of battles or plots had gone his way, Renly would have been skinned alive and he would have probably lived until the ending.

Dereich/Lysa/Mance: I was relieved when Dereich entered the game as Lysa, it worried me to have an inactive Vale and he was very successful during the early game, avoiding the major conflicts until he was in a position to strike. Sadly, he misjudged his vassals and their respect for the Starks, and that coupled with Littlefinger's dealings with Robb ended up in his death. He was able to save the lives of the wildlings and protect the Wall at the same time with King Mance, and while there was never a battle with the Starks for Winterfell as I thought it would, his measured King in the Wall was key to having the pieces set in motion for the ending.

Spamage/Mace/Willas: Another player who was very good and very active in his role, Spamage often found ways of increasing the power of the Reach, and he was able to outsmart Mr. X in a hilarious way to smash his armies in Stokeworth, a turning point for the early game. Sadly, he made the mistake of believing Mr. X after Mace died, turning Willas's reign in the end for the Tyrells. For a moment I considered having greyscale expand to all of Westeros thanks to Willas's orders, but in the end that was not necessary. Perhaps it wasn't 100% in purpose, but his orders regarding greyscale, isolation and House Tarly gave me a lot of material to turn the promising heir into the Mad Rose, something that really helped the game. Of course, if he hadn't been so ruthless he would probably still be alive, an irony that probably teaches us that the Tywin method is not always the most efficient, xD

SJoyce/Balon/Littlefinger: He was fantastic as Balon, and far more wise than the book counterpart. Knowing the limitations of the Ironborn he had no problem with playing around with the Reach, the Westerlands and the North, invading all three at some point in the game and sacking Highgarden. I looked forward to his continued role in the end game, but once Euron had the dragons the outcome of their duel was always going to be evident. He also played a great Littlefinger, getting rid of Lysa and enacting a series of plots (including some sort of triple plot with Mr. X that was very amusing to see in motion) that would have made the original proud, especially when he got the last laugh over Varys. Of course, this Littlefinger didn't have Sansa and control of the Vale in the way Book!Baelish had, but he played his cards very well despite the lack of advantages. He had to die in the end to tie up the loose ends, but he came very close to surviving the game as a respected Lord.

Bullmoose/Varys/Daemon: Despite entering late into the game and dying in such a horrible fashion, Bullmoose certainly knew how to play Varys and use his advantages. If you're wondering, yes, he stayed in King's Landing with Sansa for all those months after the capital fell, and he certainly used his time. To balance the fact that he had no army, Varys was given certain pieces of information regarding some movements by the players, a weapon that he used to ruin some plans. He was extremely active to fight for Daenerys and Daemon, and if Daenerys had won at the Kingswood or if the dice had allowed him to escape the capital, Lord Varys would be sitting in the High Council now. That goes to show how timing is very important here!

Averroes Nix/Daenerys/Euron: The original plan was a lenghty storyline in Essos mimicking Daenerys's trips, but Nix chose to ignore Qarth, Astapor and the Unsullied and go straight to Westeros, a choice that certainly made the game a thousand times better. While not all of his moves worked and he was undone by his allies (and the sudden alliance of his enemies), Nix came very close to winning the game, so he also deserves congratulations. I was hoping his Euron would terrorize Westeros for some time, but in the end the players were a bit opposed to the idea...

TheCranberry/Doran/Trystane: Sadly, Cranberry was absent during a couple of turns, but he was able to do something that the rest failed to achieve: win the most by losing the least. His armies barely suffered during the war and Dorne was not invaded once, and yet he led two campaigns in the Stormlands, had his son and daughter marrying Daenerys and Daemon and had Euron killed with the sole loss of Quentyn. Cranberry certainly knew how to play the long game and use Dorne's advantages in a unique way, but like others he also had the back luck of getting killed at the last moment.

Simfan/Renly: It was strange to judge Renly, to be honest. Simfan had some inactive turns and some really active ones, something that mirrors Renly's sudden changes of fortune all the way until his death. I believe that if he had been more active in the late game he could have won the game, but for the time he was active he enacted some ingenious plots to enlarge House Baratheon and outsmart Stannis's plans to have him killed, so he was also a great players.

Dr. Cynic/Tyrion: Given the large role that Tyrion played in the end game it was sad to see that it would be done as an NPC, because if Cynic had been able to play as him for those turns the end game would have been even better. He only had Tyrion for the first two or three turns, but he took the right choices and showed a good level of skill in plotting (although without unleashing the Imp's full potential before he had to stop playing).

Oakvale/Stannis: Oakvale also had massive potential, so I didn't enjoy having Stannis killed. Still, for the time he played and like Cynic he showed some skill in decision making and other moves, even managing to sit on the Iron Throne for some time and almost having Renly killed.

It's quite optimistic, but all of you were indeed great players, so beyond some activity issues for one or two of the players I was satisfied and encouraged with the participation. I am of course forgetting a lot of plots and I could be confusing some, but those are my thoughts on the game as whole.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »

My god, this proposal is so interesting! I would so love to play this, please give it a try moderating it!
Additionally, what might evoke some tensions and certainly some plot as well, is the concentration of power, you know, where the power sits in one Kingdom, the struggle between centralism and absolutism on one side and regionalism and feudalism at the other, and to some extent, maybe parliamentarian on a third side...
If I may give some thoughts here, especially the Westerlands and the Crownlands, maybe also the Reach and Dorne would be countries that more and more would shift towards centralistic absolutism in my imagination, similar to OTL France... The Reach however, with its numerous houses descended from House Gardener, would be the perfect realm for War of the Roses... On the other hand, the North would likely hold on to the old ways, feudalistic structure, the longest; while the Vale, I don't know, maybe The Lords Declarant and so on is already a first showing of a developing parliamentarism...
You should include Braavos and Valyria in the next game then, maybe at the cost of some lesser important realms in Westeros, as it surely would be too many then... I don't know, combine Crownlands and Stormlands, and Riverlands and North or what...
What would be the main power colonising the new continent, by the way? I'd assume the Westerlands, maybe also the Reach?
This all however sounds so amazing, please make a new game! Smiley

I actually like that idea, the lesser Lords and perhaps the rising merchants winning more power over the Kings (which could lead to an Oliver Cromwell situation), the Reach and the Vale (and potentiall the Riverlands as well) could very well turn into a complicated political situation due to, say, the weakness of King Robert and the potential heir to Edmure Tully (or Edmure himself).

But yes, if this game starts at some point I would be interest to include the new family in Braavos (House Tarquinia or something like that), the new Targaryen Dynasty in Volantis and also the new High Septon (or the Westerosi Martin Luther, I don't now). I suppose the Iron Islands would be the first to confirm the existance of the new continent, but from there I guess tha players should be free to start colonization to see what happens.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #581 on: September 01, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »

Antonio/Robb: Needless to say, Antonio was the second player who surprised me the most. Since he hadn't seen Seasons 3 and 4 when the Game started I figured he would eventually die along with most of the Starks, and I was completely proven wrong. I still think he made a critical mistake by forgiving Roose that almost costed him his life (and Theon would have been another critical mistake had the dice determined his survival), but Antonio adapted quickly, worked hard and always tried to find the best solutions to the dilemmas of his House, even when that costed him support. And he was one of the players with the less amount of assassination orders, something I really appreciated... Until he moved to have his own aunt murdered by plotting with Littlefinger of all people, xD

Well thanks, that's a pretty nice summary. Smiley I certainly made a good deal of mistakes, and frankly, I'm not even sure how I survived all through the game while everyone else was dying like flies. Tongue

It's worth pointing out that, within the first week or so of the game, I had finished watching the show. So yeah, I knew what fate might have awaited Robb if he screwed up. Wink

Basically, my philosophy of play could be summarized as "don't f**k with me and I won't f**k with you". So I didn't enact many plots, but the few I've successfully carried out (two, that is: Lysa's "downfall" and Roose's "trial") were for very good reason. Evil I think this helped me gain the trust of several key players (even though I was framed for basically everyone else's plots! Tongue).

Mr. X/Tywin/Roose: Not only he was excellent as Tywin in terms of roleplaying (seriously, his comments against Tyrion were amusing), Mr. X was the ultimate plotter. Turn after turn he would come up with ingenious ideas and potential loopholes, and while he did abuse the assassins and the faceless men potential requests he made most of the intrigue of the game possible, thus being an integral part of the game. Sadly, he was often struck by bad luck on the dice rolls (to ridiculous levels, forcing me to throw them again just to see what happened), and while he performed admirable as Roose given the circumstances it was Tywin where he truly excelled. If a couple of battles or plots had gone his way, Renly would have been skinned alive and he would have probably lived until the ending.

OMG, did Tywin really sacrifice Jaime in order to kill of Mace? Shocked Isn't that a bit OOC, considering how badly he wanted Jaime to succeed him, and considering that without him Tyrion was the only remaining heir? Did you really let that happen, Lumine? Grin Also, was Roose trying to have me killed too? I've never managed to clear that up. Tongue And who the hell killed Tywin?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »

OMG, did Tywin really sacrifice Jaime in order to kill of Mace? Shocked Isn't that a bit OOC, considering how badly he wanted Jaime to succeed him, and considering that without him Tyrion was the only remaining heir? Did you really let that happen, Lumine? Grin Also, was Roose trying to have me killed too? I've never managed to clear that up. Tongue And who the hell killed Tywin?

I considered it OOC for a moment, but when Jaime was captured in AGOT Tywin pretty much considering him as dead, hence why Tyrion was made acting hand. He probably believed the Starks would never release him and he probably needed Mace dead to disengage the Reach, so yes, I accepted, xD

I believe the plan called for you to die in a hunting accident and for Roose to become Bran's regent, but I'm not sure if that was the actual plan. You were marked to die, though, that much is beyond dispute. And regarding Tywin, I believe it was Simfan/Renly who gave the command, although I may be wrong about that.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »

My god, this proposal is so interesting! I would so love to play this, please give it a try moderating it!
Additionally, what might evoke some tensions and certainly some plot as well, is the concentration of power, you know, where the power sits in one Kingdom, the struggle between centralism and absolutism on one side and regionalism and feudalism at the other, and to some extent, maybe parliamentarian on a third side...
If I may give some thoughts here, especially the Westerlands and the Crownlands, maybe also the Reach and Dorne would be countries that more and more would shift towards centralistic absolutism in my imagination, similar to OTL France... The Reach however, with its numerous houses descended from House Gardener, would be the perfect realm for War of the Roses... On the other hand, the North would likely hold on to the old ways, feudalistic structure, the longest; while the Vale, I don't know, maybe The Lords Declarant and so on is already a first showing of a developing parliamentarism...
You should include Braavos and Valyria in the next game then, maybe at the cost of some lesser important realms in Westeros, as it surely would be too many then... I don't know, combine Crownlands and Stormlands, and Riverlands and North or what...
What would be the main power colonising the new continent, by the way? I'd assume the Westerlands, maybe also the Reach?
This all however sounds so amazing, please make a new game! Smiley

I actually like that idea, the lesser Lords and perhaps the rising merchants winning more power over the Kings (which could lead to an Oliver Cromwell situation), the Reach and the Vale (and potentiall the Riverlands as well) could very well turn into a complicated political situation due to, say, the weakness of King Robert and the potential heir to Edmure Tully (or Edmure himself).

But yes, if this game starts at some point I would be interest to include the new family in Braavos (House Tarquinia or something like that), the new Targaryen Dynasty in Volantis and also the new High Septon (or the Westerosi Martin Luther, I don't now). I suppose the Iron Islands would be the first to confirm the existance of the new continent, but from there I guess tha players should be free to start colonization to see what happens.

Possibly, yet I don't think they would be able to really colonize this new continent. Reach and Westerlands seems like the best bet here, due to proximity and relative density of population. We must not forget however that Westeros is severely underpopulated compared to Europe, so there surely won't be a large-scale colonization of that new continent like it did happen in America...

Such a situation would be very interesting. You could possibly give some guidelines, so that one Kingdom would likely develop in that region, and the one in the other, but which could be changed by wise choices Wink

TheCranberry/Doran/Trystane: Sadly, Cranberry was absent during a couple of turns, but he was able to do something that the rest failed to achieve: win the most by losing the least. His armies barely suffered during the war and Dorne was not invaded once, and yet he led two campaigns in the Stormlands, had his son and daughter marrying Daenerys and Daemon and had Euron killed with the sole loss of Quentyn. Cranberry certainly knew how to play the long game and use Dorne's advantages in a unique way, but like others he also had the back luck of getting killed at the last moment.

Thanks for your praise, and yes, playing the game in summer isn't that superb for me, because of holidays and so on Wink
Anyways, I guess I achieved what I wanted to do, that's use Dorne's remoteness to gain the most by staying out of anything too risky, and by all means keep Dorne as the only Kingdom untouched by the war. Plus, I got great marriage deals for all my kiddies, and hadn't someone killed me (it was Littlefinger, right? Either LF or Bolton, I really have no clue and just accused the one I was more likely to get Tongue - But tell me please! Wink), I would have mastered every single of my goals... But never mind, let Antonio get that crown of the survivor Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

I considered it OOC for a moment, but when Jaime was captured in AGOT Tywin pretty much considering him as dead, hence why Tyrion was made acting hand. He probably believed the Starks would never release him and he probably needed Mace dead to disengage the Reach, so yes, I accepted, xD

LOL, actually by that point I had secured a deal with him that effectively ensured Jaime would be released after the war was over. Seems like that little bastard fooled you too! Wink

Cranberry, it's LF that got you murdered, but he did so on Bolton's orders (because by that point Bolton had enacted a plot that made LF his puppet... more or less).
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »

Cranberry, it's LF that got you murdered, but he did so on Bolton's orders (because by that point Bolton had enacted a plot that made LF his puppet... more or less).

Oh yes, there was this thing with the Faceless Men, that LF would die if Bolton died, right?
But I still don't get why? Just for plain fun? Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2014, 04:03:34 PM »

Oh yes, there was this thing with the Faceless Men, that LF would die if Bolton died, right?

I guess Bolton thought he could use that to blackmail LF, but it backfired a bit when LF decided he didn't want to be a tool and handed me evidence of Bolton's plans. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #587 on: September 01, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »

A few things:

1. I did not order LF to kill Doran.  I knew he was going to, but that wasn't my idea.  Although I was totally down with framing Robb for it just because GameRobb has to get framed for everything Tongue

2. I forgot about the hunting accident lol.  My bad Antonio, I think I was planning to kill you, but it sort of shifted from "kill with ice and fire" to "meh, I'm down with continuing to rule through him, but Manderly's gotta go."  I figured you'd get yourself killed listening to the bad pieces of counsel I mixed with legit advice and then I'd poison Bran (no warging Angry ) and then kidnap the remaining Starks and control Rickon by making him watch Ramsay flay bits his mother and sisters whenever he's uncooperative (and keep him within range of Bolton swords whenever he's in public).  Yes the North would hate me, but they wouldn't risk House Stark's extermination by rebelling.

3. The LF thing was basically a horrendous abuse of the faceless men that I am quite proud of Wink  I basically had a conditional contract made in which whenever I die for any reason whatsoever, Ramsay would be sacrificed to have a faceless man kill LF (and the contract would be valid even if Ramsay died, nice try Sjoyce...yes I knew about that little sideplot to have him killed Wink ).  This enabled me to do things like tell LF that I'm done paying for food, so I'll starve to death and/or be left to the mercy of my enemies when my soldiers starve unless LF starts paying for all the food the Dreadfort and my men need Tongue  I also made up some story about Manderly plotting to assassinate me to get Sjoyce to help me with that little misadventure.  Best of all, GameRoose got to write to GameFinger "Try not to take it personally, you are merely a tool for me to use as I please."

4. Antonio is mistaken, I hadn't reached out about an alliance with GameRobb when Jaime was killed.  That came later...speaking of which, we should really post the Tywin-Robb IC hatefest PM exchanges.

5. I had Stannis killed Grin

6. @ Spamage: Technically every OOC promise I made to you was true, you just asked the wrong questions Tongue

7. @ Lumine: Who killed Jorah and Theon?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #588 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:03 PM »

I guess Bolton thought he could use that to blackmail LF, but it backfired a bit when LF decided he didn't want to be a tool and handed me evidence of Bolton's plans. Wink

Well no, that was more of a "if I'm going down, might as well drag him down with me" thing IIRC.  Still worth it, just for how much I enjoyed it.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2014, 04:18:17 PM »

Oh, none of the players. I figured Karstark would go nuts after hearing Theon would be left to go home, so I rolled the dice and Theon got the wrong number. Same as Mormont, I figured many Northerners would despise him for his betrayal and I needed one of the Targaryen allies in the North to die to increase the tension, so I rolled the dice for Mormont and Ramsay and Mormont lost.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #590 on: September 01, 2014, 04:33:45 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2014, 04:54:40 PM by The Roose is Loose »

Oh, none of the players. I figured Karstark would go nuts after hearing Theon would be left to go home, so I rolled the dice and Theon got the wrong number. Same as Mormont, I figured many Northerners would despise him for his betrayal and I needed one of the Targaryen allies in the North to die to increase the tension, so I rolled the dice for Mormont and Ramsay and Mormont lost.

@ Antonio: Re: Rickard Karstark: Told you so Tongue  Btw, looking back, you were right.  I forget why I killed Jaime, probably for revenge on Mance for the carriage trick and as an excuse to get extra concessions from you/IC suspicion you weren't acting in good faith anyway.

Also, I'm gonna start releasing the PMs from the Tywin-Robb alliance/hatefest, feel free to add any I'm missing.

Edit: Nevermind, Antonio has them all Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #591 on: September 01, 2014, 04:34:25 PM »

Fun little fact: when the game began my PM inbox had 103 pages of PMs, accumulated over five years and half. Now, it has 140. Tongue So yeah, you can tell that was rather intense! Cheesy

Anyway, X is right, time to release the Great Tywin-Robb Ravens:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #592 on: September 01, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #593 on: September 01, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #594 on: September 01, 2014, 04:40:37 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #595 on: September 01, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »

A few things:

1. I did not order LF to kill Doran.  I knew he was going to, but that wasn't my idea.  Although I was totally down with framing Robb for it just because GameRobb has to get framed for everything Tongue

3. The LF thing was basically a horrendous abuse of the faceless men that I am quite proud of Wink  I basically had a conditional contract made in which whenever I die for any reason whatsoever, Ramsay would be sacrificed to have a faceless man kill LF (and the contract would be valid even if Ramsay died, nice try Sjoyce...yes I knew about that little sideplot to have him killed Wink ).  This enabled me to do things like tell LF that I'm done paying for food, so I'll starve to death and/or be left to the mercy of my enemies when my soldiers starve unless LF starts paying for all the food the Dreadfort and my men need Tongue  I also made up some story about Manderly plotting to assassinate me to get Sjoyce to help me with that little misadventure.  Best of all, GameRoose got to write to GameFinger "Try not to take it personally, you are merely a tool for me to use as I please."

These are both true, though based on my understanding of it, if Ramsay died the contract would have been invalidated. If they can't collect payment, they can't carry out their contract. It was a clever idea nonetheless. I only regret not being able to marry Asha - impossible for a number of reasons, but that would've changed things immensely. An Ironborn army back in the Riverlands combined with my plotting would have thrown things into chaos.

Anyways, thank you Lumine for a fantastic game! Can't wait for the next incarnation.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #596 on: September 01, 2014, 04:55:37 PM »

One hell of an exchange, isn't it? Cheesy So yeah, this is how I wasted my summer. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #597 on: September 01, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »

When I started, I had like 1800 or so PMs.  Now I have 3476 Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #598 on: September 01, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »

My hands are clean, except for the greyscale all over them Wink

Good game all!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #599 on: September 01, 2014, 05:02:26 PM »

I had a part in Tywin's death.  It's not certain whether my plot or another succeeded (or unwittingly aided each other)...but my plot was a last ditch attempt to prevent Tywin--I preferred keeping tywin, robb/starks alive...only wanted to defeat/kill the magic users as Varys--from taking Daenys out (my intel had Tywin moving against Daenys).  Sadly, there was nothing I could do for her at that point.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies