Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:00:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85919 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: June 27, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »

Announcement: bullmoose88 will hereby join the game as Lord Varys, Master of Whisperers of the Iron Throne.

I'll be here all week.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »

Again sorry guys, I need to take LOA... I'm having laptop issues and I can't post for awhile...

Well, you know what your father is going to think you are doing when you miss your responsibilities. Tongue

How long of an LOA?  Is someone filling in?  Is the GM handling the character until Dr. Cynic's return?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »

Uhh...Dayyyymn.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »

Mod question: Wouldn't Tyrion being Renly's prisoner make Kevan the defacto leader of the Lannisters?

You would think right? 
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »

Arya Stark is still around, right? Anyway, if you're looking for potential matches, there are always Freys around.

I should note that Arya Stark is bethroted to a Frey, so she's unavailable. On the other hand, we have women like Jeyne Westerling, Myrcella Hill/Lannister/Baratheon,  the Mormont ladies, some of the Florents, an endless supply of Freys and Lady Hornwood available (although Lady Hornwood has taken a keen interest in Ser Rodrik) for marriage. And once Sansa is back with her family (although such a thing happening is not certain), she will be a fantastic marriage as well. Mya Baratheon was available a well, but she married Loras Tyrell.

Out of curiousity, which Frey?  There are so many of them Tongue  

For that I reccommend the wiki. I've done a lot of research for the game, but I refuse to even take a look at Walder Frey's family and decide which one is actually open to marriage and so forth. That said, Roslin Frey is now Robb's Queen and Fat Walda is still there, xD

There you go, is old man frey offering her and her weight in previous metals?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:28:04 PM »

Ouch. Well played all.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »

Proclaim of the Allied Kings

We, the rightful sovereigns of Westeros, in Order to establish lasting Peace throughout the continent, restore Law and Justice, provide for the common defence, and promote the General Welfare of our Realms, do hereby agree to join our forces and wisdom in a Commonwealth of the Free Kingdoms, whose setting principles shall be laid out in the following Charter.

Section I - Scope and Extent of the Commonwealth

Article 1 The Commonwealth shall be formed by the North, Riverlands, Vale, Dorne, Westerlands, Stormlands, Dragonlands (formerly known as Crownlands), and all other realms of Westeros which shall wish to join it at any time.

Article 2 The Purpose of this Commonwealth shall be to organize and maintain stable and peaceful relations between separate realms, or to deal with matters involving the common safety of all. This document shall in no way be construed to deny each of the aforementioned realms their absolute freedom and independence in resolving internal matters.

Article 3 Each realm must provide one twentieth (1/20) of their soldiers to form a Commonwealth Army. Said Army may only be used to fight a foreign force, and may not, under any circumstance, be directed against a member of the Commonwealth.

Article 5 The Commonwealth shall negotiate with foreign entities in the name of all its members on military and commercial matters that involve the interests of several realms. Single realms may still conduct separate negotiations with foreign entities, as long as those do not contradict the entanglements contracted by the Commonwealth as a whole.

Article 6 The Commonwealth shall settle any disputes arising between two or more realms in matters of trade or justice, which could not be resolved through direct negotiations. If petitioned by one of its members to act as a mediator in such dispute, the Commonwealth shall have the power to set appropriate trade barriers, and to order a realm to return an individual which is facing trial in another realm.

Article 7 A common currency shall be minted in all member realms. The individual realms shall remain responsible for its minting. However, if disputes shall arise between realms regarding the amount of coins produced by each, the Commonwealth may be petitioned under Article 6 to set reasonable minting limits.

Article 8 In the case that one member of the Commonwealth failed to honor the obligations subscribed under this document, the Commonwealth may call upon other realms to ensure, though military means if necessary, that the agreement is respected.

Section II - Structure of the Commonwealth

Article 9 All power recognized to the Commonwealth under this document shall be vested into a Lord Protector of the Commonwealth and into a High Council. The Lord Protector shall initiate all decisions, which may then be ratified or rejected by the High Council.

Article 10 The office of Lord Protector of the Commonwealth shall befall upon Daemon Blackfyre, and to his rightful heirs as identified under the common laws of succession. The Lord Protector shall rule as King of the Dragonlands.

Article 11 The High Council shall be formed by one member appointed by each of the rightful sovereigns of the realms that form the Commonwealth (including the Dragonlands). A High Councilor may at any time be removed from office by the sovereign who appointed them, and replaced by another.

Article 12 The High Council shall deliberate and vote on any Commonwealth action taken by the Lord Protector, with the exception specified under Article 13. A Commonwealth action shall become effective if and only if more than half of the High Councillors vote to ratify it. High Councilors must keep their deliberations secret to anyone aside from the respective sovereign who appointed them, to whom they must provide a complete and truthful account of their actions.

Article 13 If, upon request of the Lord Protector, at least two thirds of the High Councilors vote to acknowledge a state of war against a foreign entity, the Lord Protector shall assume full command of the Commonwealth Army in its struggle against said force. The High Council may, at any time, by a vote of two thirds of its members, revoke a declaration of war.

Article 14 The terms of this Charter may at any time be subject to revision if, upon request of the Lord Protector, more than three quarters of the High Councilors shall consent to the revision.

Appendix - Financial organization

The Seven Kingdoms being hereby dissolved, the now independent realms that once composed it shall assume full faith and credit for debts contracted by its Crown. Each of the formerly united Kingdom shall take up a share of this burden, to be determined in due course after the war's end, which shall be proportional to a realm's wealth and economic resources.

The Commonwealth Administration hereby established shall not contract any debt, nor levy any amount of money from its constituent realms, whether directly or indirectly. Each realm shall be responsible to provide for the expenses of its respective High Councillor, and the Dragonlands shall be responsible to provide for all additional expenses.

X, King Daemon of the House Blackfyre, First of His Name, Lord Protector of the Andals, Rhoynar, and First Men, King of the Dragonlands, the Liberator, the Peacemaker, the Just, the Honest.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 11:02:46 PM »

A Writ and Proclamation to the Kings and Queens of Westeros

Per the terms of the Proclaim of Allied Kings, you are hereby invited to King's Landing to take part in the First High Council, or to send one of your Lords to do the same.

To Your Graces who have not signed the Proclaim, you are again invited to sign and send your representative to King's Landing to take part in the High Council of the Commonwealth.

The Council shall be called to Order before me or my representative within one month's time.

Witness my hand and seal,

King Daemon of the House Blackfyre, First of His Name, Lord Protector of the Andals, Rhoynar, and First Men, King of the Dragonlands, the Liberator, the Peacemaker, the Just, the Honest and the Lord of Dragons.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »

I enjoyed this greatly and look forward to another game if and when our excellent GM is ready.

I know he sort of did this but I would welcome his commentary/thoughts on how he saw the game and how bright or not plans were.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 02:01:40 PM »

I second wanting to hear more about what you thought about how everyone did. I also want to find out what Varys was doing the whole time that you kept raving about in the turn summaries Tongue

Mostly trying to hide himself and Sansa from Littlefinger, I guess? Tongue

Well, partially that.  I was trying to get Sansa to Dorne before my time ran out.  Waited a turn too long.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 05:02:26 PM »

I had a part in Tywin's death.  It's not certain whether my plot or another succeeded (or unwittingly aided each other)...but my plot was a last ditch attempt to prevent Tywin--I preferred keeping tywin, robb/starks alive...only wanted to defeat/kill the magic users as Varys--from taking Daenys out (my intel had Tywin moving against Daenys).  Sadly, there was nothing I could do for her at that point.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »

I really wanted Littlefinger dead (that's more based on my view of the relationship between the two characters on tv and in the books)...I also wanted the Red Priestess to be kaput...magic and all.  My only other real attempt as varys was to kill renly and blame it on Stannis to sow discontent in the Stag ranks but that didn't work at all.  When everyone went after Euron (which was extremely predictable), I had my birdies steal the horn.  Which ended up in Daemon's hands.  A tad too late for the prospect of having all three dragons

As varys I believed that the Starks had to be brought into the fold for any pro-dragon resolution...personally I'm sympathetic to their cause (who couldn't be).  Tywin/X was the most crafty player...manipulated me once (a good lesson)...I was hoping some global resolution with Danys, Dorne, Stark, and the Lions could be worked out, but when everyone basically decided she was the biggest threat, there was no hope.

In my view I was a pretty straight shooter the whole game.  Certainly as much as one could be and keep one's head. 

As both characters I wanted to restore order and try to get most things to status quo ante, save change in realm rulers.  True status quo ante was impossible by the time Daemon rolled around.  So a new order was necessary.  I would have liked slightly more power in King's Landing, but I didn't have many cards.  Still not a bad result from a "bastard"-line.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies