Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:33:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85940 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: June 20, 2014, 01:36:43 AM »

I appoint Lord Rodrik Harlaw, Lord of the Ten Towers, as Hand of the King.

Ironborn! It is time once again to return to the Old Way. Today, it is time for us to once again reave and plunder like the men of old, men who did carve out a great kingdom of their own. We will see the King of Salt and Rock once again take his place among the true, free, and independent Kings of Westeros - and we shall pay the iron price for it. What is dead may never die! — King Balon Greyjoy, Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and Lord Reaper of Pyke
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:57 AM »

A raven to Robb Stark from Balon Greyjoy

Theon is not my only son. You, Lord Stark, is fond of saying that the North remembers. We Ironborn remember as well - we remember the deaths of Rodrik and Maron. I remember my sons. And we remember how your father was one of the leaders of those who butchered the Ironborn in our own rebellion against the Iron Throne. As one who leads a rebellion against the throne at least partially to seek revenge for the death of someone close to you, can certainly understand such reasoning.
Doubtless you have heard the ravens from the North, and I do not deny that we Ironborn have sacked parts of your Kingdom. But the violence in Barrowton and in Deepwood Motte, among other places, is the same as your violence against the Iron Throne - revenge for the death of a family member. We have had our revenge, for blood has repaid blood. Now we seek the return of our living kin. Ensure safe passage for Theon Greyjoy to Pike and you shall see the raids on your lands stop. Your advisors will no longer fret about their homelands, and you can return to focusing on your war against those to the south. Or you can choose to keep possession of Theon and see how well you can hold your army together when their homes are being pillaged. You are a reasonable man, Lord Stark. See that you make a reasonable decision and return my son to Pyke.

-Balon Greyjoy, the Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and Lord Reaper of Pyke.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »

The Karhold is far from the Sunset Sea. Lord Karstark is a fortunate man because of this. Rest assured that the Ironborn will not forget this injury.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 12:26:17 AM »

A raven to Robb Stark

Lord Stark,

We thank you for your sorrow, and your attempts to seek justice for the death of my son - your trust in him was evident and we are glad to hear that an investigation will be conducted, and that Theon's remains will be swiftly transferred to Pyke. There shall be no future attacks on Northern settlements by the Ironborn in the immediate future.

-Balon Greyjoy, Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and Lord Reaper of Pyke.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »

A raven to Tyrion Lannister

Lord Tyrion,

I am still awaiting a response to my offer for a prisoners exchange. It seems to me that giving away three young Lannister men in exchange for two innocent girls may be considered a generous offer, especially since yours and your father's position in this war seem far from triumphant in these days. Being the reasonable man I have known you as, I have no doubt you will seize this opportunity.

-- Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, King in the North

OOC: I may be mistaken, but IIRC, Lumine never said you have Martyn Lannister as a hostage.  You might be thinking of the show where it is Willem and Martyn Lannister instead of Willem Lannister and Tion (?) Frey.

OCC: Yes, my reference was the show and I probably have misread Lumine's description... Shame. Sad Do I have Alton at least (the guy Jaime murdered in his attempt to escape, in the show)?

OOC: You do still have Willem Lannister, just not Martyn - Martyn (I think) is somewhere in the Westerlands, maybe with Daven's army.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 10:48:54 AM »

This is fascinating! I can't wait to see what happens next.

OOC: I know, isn't it great Smiley

OOC: I have to say that I really enjoy your Tywin impersonation, Mr. X. You do a great job at conveying the character's spirit and attitude. Wink

OOC: Reading X's tirades about Tyrion is one of the highlights of this whole thing.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »

OOC: Who else needs to send in their moves? Looking forward to seeing what this next round will be.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 07:12:33 PM »

OOC: Who else needs to send in their moves? Looking forward to seeing what this next round will be.

Stannis, Lysa and Renly, and I think this one might not need a POV pre-update, meaning we could technically jump ahead to some mindblowing military results.

Alright - one thing I might suggest for future rounds is setting a close date (like the election games), both to keep things moving along and to allow for more scheming and planning before the end-of-round deadline (so that you wouldn't try to plan something only to find someone's already sent in their moves).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 07:56:19 PM »

Stannis, Lysa and Renly, and I think this one might not need a POV pre-update, meaning we could technically jump ahead to some mindblowing military results.

Alright - one thing I might suggest for future rounds is setting a close date (like the election games), both to keep things moving along and to allow for more scheming and planning before the end-of-round deadline (so that you wouldn't try to plan something only to find someone's already sent in their moves).

OOC: Another possibility (that could even work for this round) is PMing folks who still haven't made there moves once there are only a handful outstanding.

OOC: I wonder if the Baratheons haven't just been engineering some massive plot over the past 3 days.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »

OOC: What are people's thoughts on setting a close date/time for this round?

I've seen Simfan, Oakvale and Dereich posting today - if they're not in by this evening then move ahead.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »

OOCish: rest assured the Ironborn are very clever people. We've got a couple more plans in the works.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 04:46:38 PM »

OOC: Geez, poor Lannisters! They're being attacked from the east (Stannis) the west (Greyjoys) the north (Robb) and the south (Renly). I know they're terrible people and probably deserve it, but I didn't expect them to be piled on so must so quickly.

OOC: it's really what I expected to happen - bad luck on their part that they're stuck in the middle of everything. Plus, that's where the money is.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »

Isn't Margaery being pregnant with Renly's child rather OOC for Renly Tongue

OOC: The stated father isn't necessarily the real father - as you should know, Lord Tywin Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »

A raven to Robb Stark

Lord Stark,

We look forward to cooperating in our mutual interest against those who would declare themselves sovereigns over all of Westeros. Your scouts are correct in their assessment: Bear Island was maintained as a tactical naval base against any navy's attempts to interfere with our own while the bulk of our fleet sailed south to Pyke. Seeing that the Lannisters no longer possess any sort of navy, we shall return the territory to your bannermen.

-Balon Greyjoy, Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 08:00:55 PM »

OOC: we didn't sack Bear Island, not properly at least. We occupied it, but since we used it as a base of operations for a couple turns we intentionally didn't sack it or harm the local population/lords. Didn't want to intentionally provoke violence in the area we were basing a fleet in.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 08:06:19 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2014, 10:14:03 PM by Iron King SJoyce »

OOC: we didn't sack Bear Island, not properly at least. We occupied it, but since we used it as a base of operations for a couple turns we intentionally didn't sack it or harm the local population/lords. Didn't want to intentionally provoke violence in the area we were basing a fleet in.

I know, the Mormonts weren't harmed as well, but Blacktyde always struck me as a little bit arrogant in AFFC and he knows they have heard the stories on the invasion, so I put that line based on some traits.

Fair enough Tongue At least he's eloquent.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 05:19:14 PM »

Reaction to the Baratheon-Baratheon-Tyrell axis through uniting the Starks, Tullys, Lannisters and Arryns?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »

Reaction to the Baratheon-Baratheon-Tyrell axis through uniting the Starks, Tullys, Lannisters and Arryns?

Considering they started the war and loathe each other I remain unsure about how much they can be "united" Wink

Attempting to unite, then Tongue The Lannisters need allies to survive, so they're trying all options.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »

Yep, I went Martin style in this turn and killed many people, xD. I'm so sorry, Spamage, but a plot was successful against you. I will leave Willas Tyrell open for a day or two, and if nobody claims it, you can have him if you desire to continue playing.

OOC: can we get a table of who died or was captured this turn? Kinda difficult to keep track with 20 of them Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 10:30:12 PM »

Raven to Ser Daven Lannister
cc: Lord Tywin Lannister

Ser Daven,

We send this raven to you as it is apparent that Lord Tywin is rather preoccupied at the moment, though if he has the time we would gladly negotiate with him as well. We have set most of your coastline on fire and captured several of your noble families. We do not have much use for greenlander nobility and would like to seek a fair bargain. We will cease burning your land (not that there's much unburnt coastline left) and shall return your nobles if your house and those who swear allegiance to it give up Fair Island and recognize it as belonging to the Iron Islands. As proof of our good intentions and in recognition of their bloodline we shall release those members of House Kenning that we presently hold immediately and give them passage back to Kayce.

-Balon Greyjoy, King of the Iron Islands
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 02:22:35 PM by Iron King SJoyce »

A Proclaim:

Harmund Sharp has served the Ironborn cause well, yet is not himself Lord of House Sharp. By my power as King of the Iron Islands, I hereby grant him the authority to create a cadet branch of House Sharp, House Sharp of Faircastle, to rule the newly added territory of Fair Island.

In an unrelated matter, myself, my daughter, and my two brothers shall each select eight men to serve as our guards - a temporary precaution given the instability in King's Landing and the recent assassination of both Lord Tyrell and Ser Jaime Lannister.

OOC: given Harmund's age and the fact that he is not named as Lord of his House, I'm assuming a brother has it. My two brothers are the two on Pyke, Victarion and the Damphair.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 07:59:19 PM »

A proclaim:

Search any ship from the greenlands to see if anyone on board might possess weapons, including poisons. Can't be too cautious with so many plots going about.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 09:18:54 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 10:24:43 PM by Iron King SJoyce »

Raven to Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon,
We regret that we cannot send more men north, but we shall search our islands for any thralls (since they cannot serve in the military) that we can spare. We thank you for your service, and once we secure the independence of our land shall be eager to assist you in defending our realm.

A Proclaim:

The hostages taken in our Westerlands campaign shall be returned.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 11:41:49 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 11:48:28 PM by Iron King SJoyce »

A proclaim:

To increase the efficiency of our government, I have appointed the following individuals as advisers, to advise the Seastone Chair on matters of policy:

Hand of the King: Lord Rodrik Harlaw of the Ten Towers, for his loyal and trusted service
Grand Maester: Wendamyr, for his reliable counsel to House Greyjoy
Master of Coin: Lord Sawane Botley of Lordsport, for overseeing and rebuilding one of our islands’ largest centers of commerce
Master of Laws: Lord Meldred Merlyn of Pebbleton, for a dedication to justice
Master of Ships: Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet Victarion Greyjoy, for his capable command of the fleet
Master of Whisperers: Lord Baelor Blacktyde of Blacktyde, for his education, diplomacy, and knowledge of those beyond the Islands
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard (such as it is): Ser Harras Harlaw of Grey Garden, for great skill in combat and loyalty to the Ironborn
Advisor: Princess Asha Greyjoy
Advisor: Lord Harmund Sharp of Faircastle, for his rule over lands closest to the greenlands

-Balon Greyjoy, Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and Lord Reaper of Pyke

OOC: A little bored and I had time for it, so why not make an entire small council? Certainly makes me look much more like a legitimate King. I understand that Lord Blacktyde may not be able to take his seat at this time.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 08:59:17 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2014, 09:15:10 AM by Iron King SJoyce »

Renly and Stannis should probably tell us something about what they want to do. It's not very clear right now.

OOC: It's not entirely clear what anyone wants to do. The Targaryens are allied with the Martells, the Tyrells, and the Greyjoys, the Greyjoys are aligned with the Starks, the Targaryens fight the Starks, the Starks fight the Lannisters, the Lannisters fight the Targaryens and Baratheons, nobody has any idea who the Lannisters want to see as King now, the Tyrells used to support the Baratheons but now support the Targaryens, the Greyjoys make off with Lord Tywin's treasury next turn, and nobody has any idea what Lysa Arryn is doing.

Also, the current Targaryen-Greyjoy-Tyrell-Martell axis can field just over 140,000 men if we called all our banners - the Lannisters have aroudn 46,000, while the Starks can call 54,000, the Baratheons have 23,000, and the Arryns have 35,000. #dominating
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies