Walker Scandal Returns...Alleged To Be Part Of 'Criminal Scheme' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Walker Scandal Returns...Alleged To Be Part Of 'Criminal Scheme' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Walker Scandal Returns...Alleged To Be Part Of 'Criminal Scheme'  (Read 2446 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 19, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Newly released documents show prosecutors are alleging Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker was at the center of a nationwide "criminal scheme" to illegally coordinate with outside conservative groups.

The documents were filed as part of an ongoing lawsuit challenging the probe by the conservative group Wisconsin Club for Growth. They were ordered publicly released Thursday by a federal appeals court judge after prosecutors and the Wisconsin Club for Growth did not object.

One of the filings from prosecutors outlines previously unknown details about the investigation that began in 2012 as Walker was facing a recall election.

Prosecutors say Walker, his chief of staff and others who worked for him were discussing illegal coordination with a number of national groups and prominent figures, including GOP strategist Karl Rove.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/19/scott-walker-prosecutors_n_5512116.html

This is ugly, and it apparently goes beyond Scott Walker.

Much the same is going on in Michigan, although there may be no prosecution.

On this alone I would move my assessment of the Wisconsin gubernatorial race from Lean R to Likely D. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:43:47 PM »

If this is true it makes it easier for Pence and probably Kasich. Walker and Christie would have to clean their reputations.

Repairing a tarnished image can't be done fast enough.

Republicans and their front groups are doing much the same in Michigan. I do not get Indiana or Ohio television, so I can't be sure whether this scandal goes beyond Wisconsin except for what I see in Michigan. If they are doing the same hanky-panky in Indiana and get caught doing it, then the Indiana GOP can implode even though the Republicans have dominated the state for decades.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 05:51:39 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 09:31:08 PM by pbrower2a »

It's all OK in the name of political partisanship, of wining the election.

If Scott Walker were a sports coach, he would put performance-impairing substances into the water supply of the opposing team.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:59:32 PM »

The hit job has been on honest elections, and Scott Walker did it. America can survive journalistic 'hits', but if Walker gets away with what he is alleged to have gotten away with, then our political order is in deep trouble.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 12:22:18 PM »

This is really, really bad. Sneaky funding through front groups is questionable at best. When the candidate seeks such funding, things are really bad.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies