President Gore prevents 9/11 and leaves Saddam in power to squash Al'Qaeda
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:53:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  President Gore prevents 9/11 and leaves Saddam in power to squash Al'Qaeda
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: You would...
Be getting laid so much

$100k/year starting salary

Tan and abs you've always wanted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: President Gore prevents 9/11 and leaves Saddam in power to squash Al'Qaeda  (Read 950 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:48:40 PM »

Select all.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:54:52 PM »

Who needs President Gore when you have Future President Clinton?
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:56:21 PM »

Every day would be sunny and anthromorphic, pastel-coloured ponies will prance around the pastures.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »

How can a day be anthropomorphic? Huh
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »

Wait, the headline is ambiguous.  Does Gore squash Al Qaeda because he hasn't squandered resources on Iraq?  Or does Saddam squash Al Qaeda because he hasn't been ousted by the US?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:42 PM »

Wait, the headline is ambiguous.  Does Gore squash Al Qaeda because he hasn't squandered resources on Iraq?  Or does Saddam squash Al Qaeda because he hasn't been ousted by the US?

Saddam is VP, and Gore resigns the Presidency and becomes a fighter pilot.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 08:23:51 AM »

President Gore wouldn't have prevented 9/11.  I don't see how any president could have done that.  And I highly doubt Saddam would have squashed al-Qaeda.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 10:23:36 AM »

President Gore wouldn't have prevented 9/11.  I don't see how any president could have done that.  And I highly doubt Saddam would have squashed al-Qaeda.

Well, not ignoring a memo literally titled "Bin Laden determined to strike U.S." would probably be a start.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »

Well, not ignoring a memo literally titled "Bin Laden determined to strike U.S." would probably be a start.

Now, I dislike Bush as much as the next guy, but that particular memo did not present any specific information that could have prevented 9/11. It was mostly a general summary of past Al-Qaeda plots against American targets (successful ones-including the embassy bombings in 1998 and the USS Cole bombing in 2000-as well as a few failed plots, including the Millennium plan to bomb Los Angeles International Airport in 1999/2000)  and possible/potential future Al-Qaeda plots.

Saying that "bin Laden has the intent of striking targets within the US and has a past record of attacking American targets abroad"  is not the same thing as saying "We have actionable intelligence of al-Qaeda operatives who are going to hit X,Y, and Z targets on this particular date, at this particular time."
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »

President Gore wouldn't have prevented 9/11.  I don't see how any president could have done that. And I highly doubt Saddam would have squashed al-Qaeda.

Now, I dislike Bush as much as the next guy, but that particular memo did not present any specific information that could have prevented 9/11. It was mostly a general summary of past Al-Qaeda plots against American targets (successful ones-including the embassy bombings in 1998 and the USS Cole bombing in 2000-as well as a few failed plots, including the Millennium plan to bomb Los Angeles International Airport in 1999/2000)  and possible/potential future Al-Qaeda plots.

Saying that "bin Laden has the intent of striking targets within the US and has a past record of attacking American targets abroad"  is not the same thing as saying "We have actionable intelligence of al-Qaeda operatives who are going to hit X,Y, and Z targets on this particular date, at this particular time."

This.  If you read what that memo said, it didn't predict ANYTHING related to 9/11. 
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 11:03:01 AM »

President Gore wouldn't have prevented 9/11.  I don't see how any president could have done that. And I highly doubt Saddam would have squashed al-Qaeda.

This.  If you read what that memo said, it didn't predict ANYTHING related to 9/11. 

Plus, it's not very surprising that a terrorist wants to attack the United States. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »

How can a day be anthropomorphic? Huh

LOL, I thought the exact same thing. Cheesy That was an awkward sentence formulation...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies