Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:26:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)  (Read 9694 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »
« edited: June 27, 2014, 10:26:18 PM by Senator Lumine »

War Map:

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »

Where are my colonies in South America??

Also Portugal owns both Angola and Mozambique...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2014, 10:24:10 PM »

Taken over by Brazil, it's explained in the American front. And my mistake, I'll correct it right away!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »

Taken over by Brazil, it's explained in the American front. And my mistake, I'll correct it right away!
Yes, but the. Why aren't they just colored like my gains in Africa? This just makes it look like they're gone for good Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2014, 10:29:49 PM »

Yes, but the. Why aren't they just colored like my gains in Africa? This just makes it look like they're gone for good Tongue

Oh, well, it's just like what happened with Ethiopia/Abyssinia and the arrangement made with them. They formally annexed the Italian colonies, and the Brazilians formally annexed your lost colonies. They'll be back if the Allies win the war, xD
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »

OOC: I'm pretty sure the British landed at Sardinia, not Corsica.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2014, 10:44:58 PM »

Taken over by Brazil, it's explained in the American front.

Because they are gone for good, booboo.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2014, 11:17:26 PM by Spamage »

You also forgot my moves in Iraq Tongue

EDIT: And the Philippines as well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2014, 11:50:32 PM »

You also forgot my moves in Iraq Tongue

EDIT: And the Philippines as well.

The Philippines yes, I'll update that soon. Iraq? Not really, you never mentioned troops were moving in that front.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »

Orders be in.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2014, 09:16:10 PM »

I believe I still need Clarence and Spamage's France orders, so I'll wait until tomorrow morning-early afternoon, some parts of the phase have been done already to make things easier.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:04 PM »

I have a problem here, I still need Clarence...
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »

It looks as though he hasn't been online since the 1st.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2014, 01:50:04 PM »

Clarence seems to be busy celebrating the 4th.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2014, 02:00:36 PM »

Clarence seems to be busy celebrating the 4th.

Very well then, he has six or seven hours left and then Phase Three comes in.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2014, 12:11:15 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2014, 12:27:57 AM by Senator Lumine »

Phase Three Results:

New Participants:

-While the Entente made no push for new participants, the British and the French did so with some degree of success, pushing Alfonso XIII and his country into the war to take revenge on the Americans and win some colonies back. The British have been specially active in Latin America and China, and it is believed that China will enter the war soon (they are more likely to back one of the alliances as of now) and that if America shows further weakness then some Latin American governments might join in the fun. It should be noted that the newly reformed Kingdom of Hawaii and Republic of the Philippines have also formally joined the war.

Warfare Results:

European/Mediterranean Front:

German Offensive Into France:
-Pyhrric German Victory: It was a key battle, and both sides knew it. The French armed the citizens of Paris and used everything they could to save the city, while the Germans went all out with their remaining reserves. The result was a particulary bloody battle that forced the French government to withdraw to Orleans and Paris being encircled and finally forced to surrender (although there are pockets of urban resistance). The Germans are horribly damaged and vulneralble, but they have taken the capital of their enemies and some French troops have been rumored to be deserting, further pushing the country into chaos.

Savoy Campaign:
-Major French Victory: Despite a good use of artillery by the Italians, the French had called the reserves and attempted a major pincer offensive, pushing deeper into Italy and causing panic in some areas close to the French troops. If anything, the terrain has stopped them from pushing even harder.

Nice-Marseilles Offensive:
-Tactical Italian Victory: Luck certainly failed to favor the Italians in the front, since despite the massive deployment of troops a breakthrough could not be achieved, which forced the Italians into a costly battle of winning miles until they managed to capture Marseilles, which forced another stalemate.

British Landings in Oldenburg:
-Major British Victory: With the English Channel cleared the British took an almost desperate gamble and landed in Germany itself with some moderate forces, hoping to throw the Germans off balance. Curiously enough, the fact that the Germans had used most of their reserves in France meant that the zone lacked defenses and the British were successful in establishing a bridgehead for the time being.

Morocco:
-Tactical French Victory: While an attempt to use the Portuguese forces to invade Morocco was foiled by the American fleet, the French did start a massive offensive that dealt significant damage to the Italians. They might have been able to push further, but Raisuli and his men started a new campaign against the French Army and Marshal Joffre was forced to stop.

Invasion of Corsica:
-Italian Major Victory: Despite attempts to send reinforcements and use ingenious tactics to contain the enemy, the French were unable to mount a successful line of defense and were destroyed of captured, leaving the island in the hands of the Italians.

Invasion of Sardinia:
-Italian Tactical Victory: With most of the British naval assets deployed elsewhere the Italians were quick in sending further reinforcements and securing many potential landing zones, defeating the small bridgehead and forcing the enemy to surrender.

Middle East Front:

Ottoman Palestine Campaign:
-Stalemate: With new reinforcements coming from Africa and despite the massive unrest and the attacks from the local population (which have killed hundreds of civilians and soldiers), the British army pressed on against the Ottomans and succeeded in disrupting the Turkish offensive, which meant that Palestine has degenerated into a zone of ethnic cleansing and trenches. It's hell on earth.

British Invasion of Iraq:
-Major British Victory: While attempts to seduce independence movements in Iraq failed because of how hated the British have become, they were successful in repeating the offensive of four years ago to defeat the defensive positions of the Ottomans and continue they push into Badghad. They could reach the city soon, but they are hampered by horrible logistics.

American Front:

Invasion of Cuba:
-Tactical British Defeat: With hundreds of Cuban fighters joining the British the invaders chose to strike at Havana, but the Cuban government and the American troops on the island mounted a furious defense and fought the enemy back. That said, Cuba is close to a full-scale revolt and the British still control the bridgehead.

British Offensive into Canada:
-Tactical British Victory: With the American forces not in position to attack and lacking actual orders, the British continued to take miles and miles of deserted land while joining with volunteer forces to liberate some major towns in Northern Quebec.

Falklands Campaign:
-Major British Victory: Despite Argentina using most of their fleet to strike at the islands to capture them, the British task force in the area was able to fight back the attack at the cost of losing most of the ships. While the defeat has humilliated Argentina, they are expected to return and win next phase.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2014, 12:27:37 AM »

African Front:

Tanzania Campaign:
-Stalemate: The British launched another overwhelming offensive to take the colony, but Lettow-Vorbeck (who is quickly rising up the ranks to become a German hero) convinced the Askari tribes to march with him and force a trench war with the British in the northern part of the country, halting their offensive for the time being.

Namibia Campaign:
-Franco-British Tactical Victory: No surprises here, all remaining German troops have surrendered.

Asian Front:

New Guinea Offensive:
-Decisive British Victory: Using a fantastic combination of land and naval power the British have obliterated the Japanese here (who didn't bother to send reinforcements) and almost conquered the island, missing a few places due to the horrible terrain.

Philippines Campaign:
-Stalemate: While a French offensive directed at Luzon was a failure since it was one of the best defended areas of the Philippines, the British have been successful in gaining local support and creating a Filipino government, which is currently organizing heavy guerrilla warfare against the Japanese.

Solomon Islands Campaign:
-Tactical French Victory: With Japan overextended and a strange lack of action the French had no trouble to deploy forces in the Solomon Islands, but since their manpower here is extremely low they had to settle with a few small victories.

Naval Front:

Atlantic Campaign:
-Stalemate: With the grevious losses sustained here, both sides failed to engage in a major battle, instead resorting to attack convoys and destroy shipping, winning criticism from most of the neutral nations across the world.

North Sea Campaign:
-Decisive German Victory: After months of inactivity the High Seas Fleet went all out against the British, using intelligence knowledge of the zones mines by the Home Fleet to ambush and strike at the naval power. With many of their ships focused on the Oldenburg invasion and the sustained losses the British were soundly defeated, breaking their blockade of the North Sea, leaving the landings almost unprotected and putting the Germans in the lead of the sea campaign for some time.

Battle of Gibraltar:
-Major British Victory: Despite the entrance of Spain and Portugal in the war the Entente High Command chose to use the Italian fleet and some of the assets in Morocco to strike at Gibraltar. Despite a brave battle the combined allied forces were too much to handle, securing the entrance to the Mediterranean and dealing good losses to the Italians at the cost of losing a large portion of the remnants of the French Mediterranean Fleet.

Intelligence Front:
-It seems both sides are growing bolder and bolder. The British deployed their agents to the Ruhr for a massive campaign of terror, causing major damage to German war production with their efforts. They also sent agents to America, creating chaos among elements who dislike Hay and weakening his popularity despite the last minute prevention of the bombing of the Statue of Liberty.

Overview:

-The Empire Strikes Back! Using the inactivity of Japan and USA, some well prepared moves and with a good degree of luck the British have fought back many attacks and recaptured lost ground in terms of prestige. Sadly, France is dragging them down and it looks like the country may very well fall if things keep going on like this.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2014, 12:28:37 AM »

War Map:

]
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »

To: Third French Republic

Your capital lays in our hands, and your largest port in Italy's. Your soldiers are deserting in droves as they realize that this war is a lost cause, and soon, Orleans will fall. Come to the negotiating table for the good of your people.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2014, 12:52:47 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2014, 01:52:45 AM by Senator Lumine »

The War is Over:

(This post only deals with the World War, expect an update on the nations on the main thread to conclude this along with the final map)

When we last left the war at the end of 1905 and with a single year having passed, the conflict had extended to all continents and involved quite a good amount of nations, and it seemed there was no end in sight. That until late 1905, when the fall of Paris managed to cause chaos in a France that was losing control more and more as time passed. Not even the entrance of Spain and Portugal could cope with the disaster, and less than a year after the fall of the capital most of the country was occupied and the government suing for peace. While in the meantime the British Empire used its resources to mobilize Africa and inflict some defeats on the Ottoman Empire while having some degree of success in the naval war, the collapse of France dealt a tough blow to Prime Minister Balfour, who had suspended the General Election to focus on the war. By late 1906 it was becoming evident that the German-American led alliance was winning the war and even the naval battles given the exhaustion of the British Navy, and then things took another turn. President John Hay already had terrible health, and the strain of the war ended up killing him before the next Presidential election. New President Robert La Follette rode a wave of popularity to a revival of the Progressive Republicans in his narrow victory against William Randolph Hearst, and he shocked America and the world by announcing his opposition to the war and his intention to start peace talks right there. Despite the bad reception to this announcement from the other allies, they knew very well that none of them could topple the British fleet and force them to surrender without the assets of the United Stated, and so the Amsterdam Conference started with an armistice to the war. In the end, and after months of lengthy negotiations and backroom deals, the British Empire chose to save itself from heavy losses and they pretty much threw France under the bus, which removed the final obstacles to sign peace. The Amsterdam Treaty of 1907 was unstable and did not made sense in many aspects, so many diplomats described it as an attempt to stall for time until a new balance could be reached. The past years saw too many wars, and nobody wanted to fight another one right now.

The Amsterdam Treaty:

United States of America: Takes Belize from the British Empire to grant it independence, recognizes the Kingdom of Hawaii (an act that would tarnish La Follette's reputation with most of his party) and the Republics of Canada, Cuba as fully independent.

German Empire: Wins full control of Alsace-Lorraine and other towns in the area, wins control over all the African territory lost by Wilhelm II and adds French Congo and some minor Spanish and Portuguese territory.

Kingdom of Italy: One of the biggest winners in the negotiation table, they won their claimed territory in Southern France plus Corsica, Somaliland, Tunisia and French Libya, finally reaching the Italian dream of a colonial empire.

Japanese Empire: Japan forced the British to withdraw support for an independent Philippines, but they could not force them to many concessions as the British would not stand for a Japan that could fully control the Pacific. Once again, France was the victim as it was forced to give up Indochina to the Japanese (and the British got a good amount of economic concessions to balance things up).

Ottoman Empire: Since the British never really lost in the area the Ottoman Empire was not supposed to gain land, but since the riots in some areas were getting too heavy to handle, the Empire finally conceded Palestine to Abdul Hamid, although the covert war between the Rashids and the Saudis would continue until the victory of the House of Rashid a few years later.

France: Since the British Empire chose to preserve their own strength than pushing too much for France, they were forced to war reparations and the loss of their colonial empire to the enemy nations, which forced the French into holding onto Algeria and some minor isolated colonies and facing the second humiliation in little more than 30 years. Riots broke out in the nation, but it was left for the new government to solve them.

British Empire: Despite the sense of shame through Britain after the peace, the Empire managed to save face and emerge out of the war without major losses (mostly achieved through throwing the French under the bus). Belize and Palestine were ceded as minor losses, but the Empire didn't have to pay any war reparations, they won Hawaii as a valuable ally and got to technically recover Canada when the Canadians accepted Edward VII as their King despite having full domestic independence after the referendum.

Two years to win the war and one to win the peace, and the conflict popularly known as the "World War" or "Great European War" or "Great War" ended on a negotiated settlement, or as Tsar Nicholas II put it, an armistice for ten years. Thousands were dead, new weapons were discovered, and Europe turned to skepticism at the cost paid for the war. It seemed the era of unlimited progress was gone for good, and the Balance of Power was now divided between Germany and Britain with America and La Follette turning to isolationism.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies