Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:43:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)  (Read 9624 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 08:33:42 PM »

Although it's not part of the war, how is my now full-scale invasion of Turkestan going?

I'll have an official update next turn, but so far it's going fine. (and by fine I mean that your soldiers are crushing all enemies with superior equipment, but they have the problem of having to fight for almost every place)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »

You forgot to color Crete and Syria Wink

But in all seriousness, thank you for doing this Lumine! This game's been fun for me and I understand how tedious writing some of these explanations can be, alongside the amount of time they can take.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »

You forgot to color Crete and Syria Wink

But in all seriousness, thank you for doing this Lumine! This game's been fun for me and I understand how tedious writing some of these explanations can be, alongside the amount of time they can take.

Map corrected! And thanks to you as well, Spamage, I wouldn't really complain about the game if it weren't because college does make it hard to host at times... Like now, since I'm buried in texts about Alexander the Great and the Hellenistic World, xD
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »

Thank you very much, Lumine!

Domestic Propaganda

We defended our continent- America has attained Manifest Destiny. Our former rulers attempted to invade our homeland, and we repelled them. We care little for distant colonies.....we are not like the British and the French. We seek to be free in our own lands, not enslave others as they have done. And my fellow citizens....we have done it! British attacks in the Caribbean and Central America have failed, whereas our troops are moving ever closer to Paris and our navy is fighting bravely across the world's oceans. We MUST keep up the fight.... we and our allies are winning, and once we have won, our nation's prosperity will soar and peace will last eternal
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »

American assertions that they are winning this war are false. After all they were on the attacking side and still managed to lose Togo and Cameroon and Namibia and American Samoa and Southern Iraq and will soon lose much more. We are most sincere in these promises.

We must win this war, the cause of self-determination and freedom demands it. The people of Bulgaria and Greece shall be free from the Ottomans, the people of Hawaii shall regain their sovereignty, and the peoples of the Philippines, Puerto Rico and Cuba shall get the freedom they have attempted to win in recent years.

We call on America to stop using terrorism. First they attacked Russia, then us, and now they attack the French. (It's no wonder the oppressed Canadians bombed their capitol Roll Eyes ) They may not like the taste of their own medicine in the future. We also condemn their attempt kill our King by blowing up a historical building. They've raised the bar and may not like where it is going.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »

The attempted attack on Buckingham Palace is deplorable. No matter the foreign policies and wars between nations, regicide is utterly dishonorable and unacceptable. Due to this we order the American brigade in Turkestan to pull out and return home immediately--Russia shall guarantee safe travel back to the United States.

X Tsar Nicholas II
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »

Buckingham Palace? Everyone knows that for a real victory you have to blow up Parliament.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 10:10:36 PM »

Buckingham Palace? Everyone knows that for a real victory you have to blow up Parliament.
Remember, remember the Fifth of November, it won't be until Phase Two.
I see no reason for agents' treason to be done until it is due.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »

I order my brigade in Turkestan to pull out in accordance with the Tsar's wishes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:06 AM »

I shall make my moves upon finishing consulting with my allies and reviewing the overall strategic position.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »

I totally disagree with the results.

I speak as Assistant GM.

Given that Germany was weakened during the war, this is impossible that they have been able to pass so easily in the Alpes. Especially because this time, they didn't pass by the Belgian this time. This is truly impossible.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »

Germany was weakened in some regard in terms of manpower, which they could easily replace. Furthermore, Germany took a gamble in putting most of their forces for the push into France, and the earlier peace deal in Alsace-Lorraine changed the usual frontlines both armies would have found in OTL they did never crossed the Alpes). France had a good amount of defenses, but movilization came later as well, and I am confident enough to believe France could be defeated here under certain circumstances (which were determined by the random number generator since I found both sides to have a claim to sucess).

Hard to achieve? Certainly, but not impossible.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »

Recall that there is also an overwhelming number of Italian and American troops present to support the German-led invasion
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »

Recall that there is also an overwhelming number of Italian and American troops present to support the German-led invasion

And I speak once again as Assistant GM:
Oh come on, the italian army was weak during this period. Their entry into WW1 basically changed nothing for the Triple Alliance.
And for the USA, remember, this is 1905, not 2005, the USA isn't a major military power.

And Llumine, well, I understand more what you wanted to do, even if I remain sceptical, remember this can"t be 1940. The Germans aren't attacking France by Belgian, so this is impossible France collapses so quickly.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 10:53:51 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 10:55:27 AM by Vittorio Emanuele III »

Oh come on, the italian army was weak during this period. Their entry into WW1 basically changed nothing for the Triple Alliance.
And for the USA, remember, this is 1905, not 2005, the USA isn't a major military power.

And Llumine, well, I understand more what you wanted to do, even if I remain sceptical, remember this can"t be 1940. The Germans aren't attacking France by Belgian, so this is impossible France collapses so quickly.

In all fairness, I've made the Italian army much stronger than it was in OTL. This is alternate history - things can change at will.

Also, we'd like to note that no progress was made in the Alps.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »

In all fairness, I've made the Italian army much stronger than it was in OTL. This is alternate history - things can change at will.

Indeed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 11:04:15 AM »

Also, we'd like to note that no progress was made in the Alps.

Oh please, Mussolini probably tried to reinforce his army much more than you, and Italia was still a massive joke during WW2.

And even if germans didn't make any progress in the Alps, there is no way France could collapse quickly.
--------------------------
Well, since the presidential race is over, and since AHU isn't in the war, I announce I'm now completely the Assistance GM (while still being the AHU player).
So please players, when you have to send a PM to Lumine, send a PM to me as well!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 11:18:30 AM »

How many American troops could possibly be in Europe? Sending over men from America would be difficult unless they had control of the Atlantic, which they very much don't. The American standing army is also quite small and building a larger one would take time.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »

How many American troops could possibly be in Europe? Sending over men from America would be difficult unless they had control of the Atlantic, which they very much don't. The American standing army is also quite small and building a larger one would take time.
And this as well
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:06 AM »

I'd say Lumine has made his choice, Germany has won some battles in the initial phase war of the war, which doesn't have to mean really much. There was no talk of France completely destroyed, a look on the map proves that I didn't even get out of Lorraine, I'm at most at the Champagne border!
And This is as unlikely as you say - remember 1871, when Germany easily got to Paris, without even a centralized army and without most of southern Germany? The French and German army were about even for about ever, otherwise there couldn't have existed such a long, equal rivalry, as the stronger power would have tried (successfully) to significantly weak the other. Plus that I retreaded a bit to the east wasn't entirely bad, too, as the German armies fought down the Vosges and there were not huge frontier fortifications as on the OTL border.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 11:24:44 AM by Abdul the Red »

Guys, could you stop with the RL arguments? Since he took over the United States, Clarence had been enlarging it's army and naval potential.

Windjammer, if you want to use this card, we can also say that you weren't able to reform the Austria-Hungary "because it was a total mess in RL", and, frankly, reforming such a troubled country as AH was in RL would be more difficult than building up US military.

But it's diffrent reality. I don't remember anybody ever objecting to Lumine's report of the Ottoman Empire making constant progress because "it sucked in RL".
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 11:25:32 AM »

I'd say Lumine has made his choice, Germany has won some battles in the initial phase war of the war, which doesn't have to mean really much. There was no talk of France completely destroyed, a look on the map proves that I didn't even get out of Lorraine, I'm at most at the Champagne border!
And This is as unlikely as you say - remember 1871, when Germany easily got to Paris, without even a centralized army and without most of southern Germany? The French and German army were about even for about ever, otherwise there couldn't have existed such a long, equal rivalry, as the stronger power would have tried (successfully) to significantly weak the other. Plus that I retreaded a bit to the east wasn't entirely bad, too, as the German armies fought down the Vosges and there were not huge frontier fortifications as on the OTL border.
Germant managed to win in 1870 because Bismarck was a perfect bad ass and that France made a lot of mistakes.

Guys, could you stop with the RL arguments? Since he took over the United States, Clarence had been enlarging it's army and naval potential.
That"s not enough to consider that the USA is a major military power.

Guys, you make be good players, but in only 4 years, you can't make miracles.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »

Germant managed to win in 1870 because Bismarck was a perfect bad ass and that France made a lot of mistakes.

Well, you never had such qualms when "miracles" were working on your favor Roll Eyes
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 11:32:55 AM »

Well, you never had such qualms when "miracles" were working on your favor Roll Eyes

What do you mean?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »

What do you mean?

One may argue that recovery of the Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire are not very realistic too, but I don't remember you ever objecting to that. To the contrary, you were very confident.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies